The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Nemanja Vidic, Gary Neville and Louis Saha are all making good progress with their recovery from injury, while Patrice Evra should be fit to face Middlesbrough on Saturday.

The French left-back hobbled out of Tuesday's 2-0 win over Sheffield United with a calf complaint after a heavy tackle by Colin Kazim-Richards in the 21st minute.

Sir Alex says Evra has responded to treatment and will be available for the Teessiders' visit, as will John O'Shea (calf) and Rio Ferdinand (groin).

Elsewhere on the injury front, the United boss is hoping to have Neville (ankle) available for United's trip to Everton on Saturday week, while Vidic (collarbone) has a chance of returning to action in two weeks time.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

naw, I got a ticket, know others that didn't, it's the way of the ballot. I'll stop now.

Boro tomorrow, quite literally dreading it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll make an appearance at the wall seen as i'm the only one out of my lot to have got a ticket....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

did ferdinand ever do anything for smacking that ball into an old lady's face? i.e apologise? buy her flowers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apologised loads of times and gave her his shirt after the game. more than the silly cow deserved really.

still don't think we'll see Vida again this season. collarbone's a tricky one, not like you can stick a cast on it or anything, unless he's healed incredibly quickly (and i suppose anything is possible with nemanja) it'll be too big a risk.

that said, stick him on the bench for the cup final and send him on to score from a corner late on icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

did ferdinand ever do anything for smacking that ball into an old lady's face? i.e apologise? buy her flowers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apologised loads of times and gave her his shirt after the game. more than the silly cow deserved really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, can't believe she left her face in the way of that ball.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

2nd Milan ballot success \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any way of finding where my tickets are in the ground before they arrive?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

you just know pickles is gonna get a cup final ticket, i can see it now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what was posted yesterday the chances of ticket availability getting anywhere near the OU members is pretty minimal so I'm while I'll put my hat in the ring if I can I'm really not expecting to get near it & I doubt anyone else in the scheme is realistically thinking they will either.

Of course Pickles has "contacts" iirc so it probably negates the impact of the allocation process for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

you just know pickles is gonna get a cup final ticket, i can see it now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what was posted yesterday the chances of ticket availability getting anywhere near the OU members is pretty minimal so I'm while I'll put my hat in the ring if I can I'm really not expecting to get near it & I doubt anyone else in the scheme is realistically thinking they will either.

Of course Pickles has "contacts" iirc so it probably negates the impact of the allocation process for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll apply through the club and with the luck I'm getting recently I'll probably get one icon_wink.gif But this "contact" will charge a stupid amount. Imo he's a cuunt for charging for than face value and i'm not going to able to afford a marked up £65 ticket icon_frown.gif

I shall not being in the stadium on May 19th, but will be in Wembley icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

2nd Milan ballot success \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any way of finding where my tickets are in the ground before they arrive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ring the TO?

I currently have no idea about mine, doesn't arrive in the post til Monday according to the email I got.

The only other really convoluted way I'd imagine is to check your bank account or your friends bank account and see if the money has come out and estimate the cost of the ticket and compare it to the prices for each area of the ground.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

wouldn't expect you to understand Polack, you'd have probably been similarly distracted ogling Ronaldo's legs. the rest of us would have tried to get out of the way or block it la </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Women don't have reflexes nick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ring the TO?

I currently have no idea about mine, doesn't arrive in the post til Monday according to the email I got.

The only other really convoluted way I'd imagine is to check your bank account or your friends bank account and see if the money has come out and estimate the cost of the ticket and compare it to the prices for each area of the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been on hold for nearly 20 minutes at the TO now :/ I'll give my mate a call

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

wouldn't expect you to understand Polack, you'd have probably been similarly distracted ogling Ronaldo's legs. the rest of us would have tried to get out of the way or block it la </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Women don't have reflexes nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shouldnt be in the front rows at a football ground then should they?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha apply for a cup final ticket icon_biggrin.gif

gl with that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know icon_biggrin.gif Although I might be on for a corporate ticket :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

haha apply for a cup final ticket icon_biggrin.gif

gl with that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know icon_biggrin.gif Although I might be on for a corporate ticket :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

told you, you watch. had a mate in 2004 who only went to one game all season and got a cup final ticket while i missed out (tbf i only went to about 18 myself but still)

I don't really want to go in corporate though, i might as well watch it with a load of blind girls being waited on hand and foot at home. Did it once at OT and it was ****.

Plus it's with Chelsea fans. So, don't worry gonch if you're not there, I won't be either

Has anyone been tallying the post-match MOM votes we've been doing at all this season?

Just been thinking that if no-one has 448+ pages is a lot to wade through but was also thinking that the regularity of people posting their MOMs seems to have become increasingly infrequent.

Christ I hope Mika or Nick have been doing the MOM thing if it still serves a valid purpose. I've just spent the last hour and a half going starting up my own tally in case its not been done (and because I'm interested in the outcome) and I've only just finished dealing with Watford!

Just skimmed through lots of moaning about transfers and the state of the squad, the Richardson vs. Giggs debate, as well as Mart hoping for a "BBB >>>>> United Thread" custom status if we signed Hargs icon_biggrin.gif

Christ, don't read the early part of the thread, enough to drive you to suicide icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't deny it was difficult wading through a load of irrational Fletch-hate.

On the upside feeling pretty smug about not being one of the doubters icon_cool.gif

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1 Dynamo Keane-Nev Jon Fadugba 78 1733

2 JOS Football Genius Nick Morgan 81 1710

3 Sultans of Crime foobs t. xanthian 69 1710

4 Atletico Theis John Theis 80 1702

5 Ruud FTW Matt Huart 79 1655

6 Eastside Philip Rolfe 95 1633

7 Glazer's Final Hurra Blaine Emmett 104 1625

8 Wakey's Rockets Gareth Wakefield 64 1595

9 King of Kings XI Sam Alabaster 72 1591

10 bristol united james marshall 54 1588

11 Julesy Giants Julian Reddick 80 1576

12 AFC Edgar matt edgar 115 1554

13 VfB Timbo Tim Keward 58 1547

14 Insert Clever Name Luke Hudgson 50 1537

15 11 Blind Mice Nobby Steelez 44 1536

16 Rob's legends Robert Powell 63 1527

17 Clueless ****s Gregg Carter 65 1524

18 Mart's Loser 11 Mart Sheehan 54 1517

19 Jossy's Midgets Richard McKeon 75 1516

20 Burrage Blitzers Peter Burrage 53 1511

21 Hodgeys Heroes Richard Hodkinson 71 1507

22 AFC Saha 1978 Josh D 42 1504

23 Z Stars Craig Beaumont 59 1503

24 Good...Wins FC Dan Goodwin 35 1480

25 Monzo's FHFC Rejects Terry McGrenra 46 1472

26 Elevator Road United Simon Whitworth 32 1445

27 11 Rooneys Antony Cousin 36 1435

28 Silvestres Saints Taz Devil 68 1381

29 'S Rioghal Mo Dhream James MacGregor 31 1379

30 RED ARMY master blasta 35 1334

31 Barrys Horne NL B 44 1268

32 Beloved Aunts Chris Sharvin 15 1209

33 Timsbury Cricketers Michael Gray 66 1196

34 John O'Shea XI Ali Law 29 1192

35 United Strokes LUHG James Beatty 36 1171

36 Wimples Dimples J C 25 1137

37 link all stars john garthwaite 49 1131

PLEASE WORK

A few tidbits on Rossi from C4s football Italia website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Interview: Rossi pleased by Parma win

Parma talent Giuseppe Rossi could not hide his satisfaction after leading his side to a vital win over Fiorentina. “It was a very important match.â€

The youngster, who completed his loan move from Manchester United in January, scored a brace to help ease the Gialloblu's relegation fears as they are now level on points with Chievo one point from safety.

“It was a very important match, especially after the disappointing draw against Catania,†Rossi told Sky Italia.

“I always try to give my all for the team and I am happy I was able to do so tonight,†added the striker, who just wants to focus on the present.

“Manchester United might want me back at the end of the season? Now I am only worried about Parma and securing Serie A safety. There will be time to discuss my future in June.â€

Rossi admitted that he did not know what to expect before his move to the peninsula, but is pleased with his time in Serie A so far.

“I didn’t know much about Italian football, it is slower than the English version. I find it much more tactical and technical, I must say I like it very much,†concluded Rossi.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Giuseppe Rossi (Parma)

The on-loan Manchester United starlet was the man of the match in the precious 2-0 victory for the Gialloblu over Fiorentina, scoring both goals. The Golden Boy broke the deadlock after 27 minutes, when he took advantage of Igor Budan’s through ball and sent it behind goalkeeper Sebastien Frey. Rossi has scored six goals with the Ducali since his January move and has been decisive so far, allowing his side to keep their hopes of avoiding the drop alive, as Parma are level with Chievo, just one point from safety.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Preview of Parmas Next Game

Man on fire: Giuseppe Rossi (Parma) – The man is keeping the side’s Serie A hopes alive. His double strike in midweek gave them another priceless three points.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring him back and give him lots of football next season Fergie. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ferguson fears Boro will target Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he is "fearing the worst" as Manchester United face Middlesbrough at Old Trafford on Saturday barely a month after their bitter FA Cup quarter-final replay exploded.

James Morrison was sent off for a scything late challenge on Cristiano Ronaldo who was running down the clock after his controversially earned penalty had decided the tie.

Middlesbrough captain George Boateng later warned Footballer of the Year-elect Ronaldo, 22, that he was in danger of being badly hurt if he continued to frustrate opponents with his displays of showboating.

Ferguson insisted last night there is no question of resting Ronaldo for a grudge match in which United can extend their Premiership lead over Chelsea to six points — at least for a day.

However, he admitted: "I’m fearing the worst about what could happen because we’ve got important games coming up and I don’t think Middlesbrough will mess about.

"There is a bit of paranoia about the boy and I think they will be aggressive. The most important thing is to express ourselves in the normal way, play our football and hope that takes us to the win we need."

Ronaldo is widely expected to pick up the PFA Player of the Year award at a gala dinner in London tomorrow night and Ferguson added: "Would we leave him out?

"No, simply because we want to win the League and we want the best players on the pitch. I will play my strongest team.

"I don’t think what was said will bother Ronaldo, but I’m quite surprised that the FA didn’t write to the player [boateng]. It was really provocative and sets up a different tone. But it’s up to referees to control the game."

Ronaldo was cleared of diving by Boro defender Jonathan Woodgate who made the tackle that led to United’s penalty winner last month, but angry Morrison punished him for playing out time.

Ferguson said: "Doesn’t every team winning a game 1-0 with a minute to go do that? Ronaldo, fantastic player that he is, is prepared to hold the ball at any given moment in any tight situation because of his skill.

"He wants to hold the ball and attack defenders, that is what he is in this world to do. It’s then up to the referee to decide whether players are kicking or fouling him.

"We had a few bad tackles the other night. Sheffield United showed determination and aggression and they tried to intimidate us a little bit with their tactics, but we held up to it. It’s not as bad as the Sixties."

United increased their lead to six points with that 2-0 win on Tuesday but it was cut to three again the following night when Chelsea beat West Ham 4-1. With five matches to go, Ferguson made it clear where his priorities lie.

United face Chelsea in the FA Cup Final on May 19 and could meet their fellow Champions League semi-finalists in Athens four days later.

Ferguson said: "You set off for the season hoping you’re going to win a major trophy. With an immense amount of work, we can win three. But if we win the League, then I’ll be quite happy with that.

"The luck we need now is to keep this group fit for the rest of the season. If we do that, we’ll have a real good chance.

"I know Jose Mourinho has prayed we get injuries and we got them. We’ve done him a favour that way, but hopefully no more."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ I hope Mika or Nick have been doing the MOM thing if it still serves a valid purpose. I've just spent the last hour and a half going starting up my own tally in case its not been done (and because I'm interested in the outcome) and I've only just finished dealing with Watford!

Just skimmed through lots of moaning about transfers and the state of the squad, the Richardson vs. Giggs debate, as well as Mart hoping for a "BBB >>>>> United Thread" custom status if we signed Hargs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have to admit i've not tallied them up for a while.

since, um, the liverpool home game icon_frown.gif

yo dudes quick question, for my mate: if you go manchester piccadilly on tube, what tram goes to old trafford and wheres best to get off?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eccles Tram and get off at Salford Quays (outside Frankie & Benies) is the best way imo, although you can go on the Altrincham tram and get off at the Old Trafford stop (criket ground) although it tends to be busier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

yo dudes quick question, for my mate: if you go manchester piccadilly on tube, what tram goes to old trafford and wheres best to get off?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eccles Tram and get off at Salford Quays (outside Frankie & Benies) is the best way imo, although you can go on the Altrincham tram and get off at the Old Trafford stop (criket ground) although it tends to be busier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. That is what we do when he get trains and trams to a match.

Archived