The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

you're all *****.

seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

reported icon_frown.gif

What's the chances of getting a ticket for a league game next season?

With my brother attempting to get his driving license, and my loan paid off in June \o/ , I'm going to try for a shot at the 92 club. Or at least, get 30 or so more grounds under my belt - Of current league clubs, I've got 89 to go (hooray for Brighton, Norwich and Gillingham). I imagine it would be a Saturday match, not bothered who I see you beat (although I'd rather see Spurs win), as long as there's a couple of pints with some of you beforehand.

weekend games are trickier, less chance (zero chance typically) of tickets going on sale to the general public. might be able to source a ticket for one of the less attractive games through unofficial avenues though.

any midweek game against unfashionable opposition and you'd have no bother.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

sorting out a non united fan? never going to happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'd rather you win the Treble than Chelsea, tbh. If that's not enough, I've also got 'Come On You Reds' on cassette ffs icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

Yeah, I thought midweek would probably be easier, but it's bloody miles away from here. However, maybe a midweek jaunt, taking in a Tuesday night at Old Trafford and a Wednesday night at, I don't know, Bury, might be an option.

Ta icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It isn't that far

Although took me 7 hours to get there yesterday due to bad luck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

Yeah, I thought midweek would probably be easier, but it's bloody miles away from here. However, maybe a midweek jaunt, taking in a Tuesday night at Old Trafford and a Wednesday night at, I don't know, Bury, might be an option.

Ta icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It isn't that far

Although took me 7 hours to get there yesterday due to bad luck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's not doable from a 5pm finish at work though, is it? icon_wink.gif

I could do a day's work, then go and see a game at Milwall or Palarse etc. Probably a few more as well.

However, if I, as I probably will, took a couple of days off to go up North, Old Trafford is somewhere I'd like to go to as a priority.

It's back on! United will win the league, smash Chelsea in the FA Cup with Ronaldo scoring a hattrick, Rooney will score a brace in the Champions League final with Scholes sealing the win with a 35 yard screamer, and Richardson will move to Colchester for 750k.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Even more reason to lambast the lazy ***** for not getting the win. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that went through my head about 2 seconds after the final whistle, the first second being relief.

We still won't win it and this sets up some nightmare where City potentially end the title chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greg1892:

Don't write us off to pull off a result against Chelsea tomorrow. We are unbeaten against the other top 4 sides at home this season and infact only Bolton out of the top 10 have beaten us at home, we've been crap against the crap sides. I still think Chelsea will turns us over but I wouldn't be overly surprised if we get a point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never doubted you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

fb.

I still fear for Milan away with literally no defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defence v. Roma at home wasn't needed, tbf. All we need is a Roma-esque performance on Tuesday night. Milan won't have a prayer of scoring seven, ffs. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

All we need is a Roma-esque performance on Tuesday night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There'd want to be. We need to score at least 3, because ther's no way we're keeping a clean sheet with the shambles we'll put out at the back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

But yeah, Chelsea have the wind in their sails now and spurred on by the fact that it's in their hands, I honestly can't see them dropping points tomorrow or in any of their other games for that matter. They have some good sides left to play but this is a fully fit and on form Chelsea we're talking about.

I think the only way Man Utd can win the league now is to get a result at Stamford Bridge... Which really isn't too likely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif fb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

FO Razor Eddie

Got a piece of luck today that we haven't deserved. So lets all laugh at Chelsea ok? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am crushing your head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHATEVER

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Sorry lads, Chelsea dont have a game in hand do they? Sky Sports seem to think they do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

......And that table is from yesterday. Well played me.

So we're only three ahead now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

effectively four with the goal difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 1/2. If you make up 4 points, you win it.

Archived