The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That's what I don't get about people wanting him. I certainly wouldn't want him because he seems a quite selfish twat in most of the situations he gets forward. It worked out for him this season because his form has been brilliant, but I wouldn't want to have him here when he has a patch like Fatty or Ballack had at the World Cup and since then where they fire off 10 shots per game and hit **** all."

bless 'em icon_biggrin.gif

indeed.

'Don't understand why he won both to be honest. That just shouldn't be allowed. He was odds on to win the player of the year, why can't somebody else win the young player of the year?

For my money Doyle should have won the young player of the year award.'

tbf not ALL of them are actually spazzing out... but the ones that are do it in glorious fashion.

i agree that he is no way best in the world.....he cannot do what Messi did for starters....and for me, he 'skips' past people, not using close to feet control but kind of flicks to push it one way while he goes the other etc.....he isnt the ball player we all make him out to be.

:*********(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Put it this way it's way better to be in this situation than be going to games with nothing to play for like the last couple of years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A-feckin'-men

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

\o/

:*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Bless. This made me chuckle for some reason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Quote from: Mirra on April 11, 2007, 02:52:00 PM

Most of their fans are sad bitter vile pathetic little glory hunting *****. Thank God for Italian Bizzys is all I can say.

I hate Man Utd, I hate their fans, I hate everything to do with them. They all seem to be glory hunting little ***** to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No doubting he was the player of the season. Without him, we would be second and looking forward to moving up to first next year. Can't deny his influence on the destination of the title.

Scholes third though,give me a break. Essien & Carra have been much more influential </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

All we need is a Roma-esque performance on Tuesday night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

For those going to Milan - get yourself underneath the overhang from the tier above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best advice ever.

I was pretty much in the first row that was covered and people in front of me were getting hit with god knows what

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we're in the top tier dude.

2-0 to us tomorrow imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you going to Milan, Mart?

I think 2-1 tomorrow icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United v West Ham United, Sunday 13 May, kick off 3pm

All tickets have been sold.

One United Members wishing to establish if their application has been successful can now telephone 0870 442 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just bought 2 more tickets for tomorrow night for £100 :/ One in West Stand Upper and one in the 4th row of the South Stand.

Can surprise my mates tonight now - with the price of the bloody tickets icon_frown.gif Been hassling me all weekend to get them a ticket so should shut them up for the rest of the season icon14.gif

I don't think Neville or Giggs deserved to be in the team of the season. I am guessing Giggs is in there sinmply because of a lack of competition.

Guess Neville was just lucky that people chose Gerrard in midfield rather than at rightback I suppose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I’ve come to the conclusion that the only chance we have of beating Milan is by scoring more goals than them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an old plan, but it just might work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "It is not possible to have a penalty against Manchester United." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

MANCHESTER UNITED v CHELSEA

5-------Penalties won--------4

4----Penalties conceded------2

* Stats from Premiership only </pre>

He's starting to REALLY bore me now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/BBBOTF/milan.jpg

our view for Milan apparantly icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those flag wavers would p*ss me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be slightly more annoyed by the huge red smoke flare being let off.

For tomorrow night

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Fletcher, Heinze, Evra, Brown. O'Shea, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Smith, Carrick, Rooney, Solskjaer, Dong, Eagles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

For tomorrow night

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Fletcher, Heinze, Evra, Brown. O'Shea, Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Smith, Carrick, Rooney, Solskjaer, Dong, Eagles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 4 recognised defenders then? Is Cathcart eligible to play in the Champions League?

bbc squads are rubbish, we'll have a bigger squad than that unless we're going with only 5 subs, which would be pretty pointless.

and Cathcart's out for the season with an injury he picked up in training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If Evra misses out, Darren Fletcher is set to fill in at right-back, with Wes Brown and John O'Shea in the centre.

Left-back Gabriel Heinze is United's only other fit defender.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes me feel a bit sick

literally shaking with fear about how our patchwork defence is going to cope with the likes of kaka and inzaghi, but with milan's aging defence there may be some joy for ronaldo what with his pace.

thought we looked tired against boro, if we look as weary as we did then they'll take us apart

I think Middlesbrough was more trying to coast the win, hence ballsing it up and letting them back into the game. We just struggled to turn it on during the second half to get the goal.

The front 6 should have some joy against the old grandads of Milan, but I can see vds having a fair bit to do throughout the night :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

milan james? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've a ticket for the away game, but wont be going. Think Mark's going to be using.

At this rate, I'm not sure I'm going to be making it tomorrow night icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

christ, apparently SSN are apparently reporting only 10 outfield players trained today - Ole joining the injured list /O\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the plus side Richardson was with Vida, Saha & Evra so he shouldnt play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Am i right in thinking they still use linesmen/assistant referee's in the champions league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup

they even have flags and stuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shouldn't that take care of Pippo "offside, me?" Inzaghi for us then?

Archived