The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

dude, aren't you 15? you'll be killed icon_frown.gif

first time in a home end, must be insane </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been in Everton end twice before, no bother when cheering unless you go over the top.

Cheered United's 3 goals this season against Villa in the Doug Ellis Stand, no bother then either.

I'm seeing the chap in the pub for the Milan match tomorrow, so I'll see what he says. He has money to burn and no respect for his personal safety either, so should be a go if we can fathom a way to trek up from Derby for a lunchtime KO and still arse our way around to the ground icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just watching Ronnie's acceptance speeches, what an utter utter hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It's coming" Possibly the best answer to What's your highlight of the season?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">just watching Ronnie's acceptance speeches, what an utter utter hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It's coming" Possibly the best answer to What's your highlight of the season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha

that, the polemic, the "maybe I'm too good" .... such a legend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

just watching Ronnie's acceptance speeches, what an utter utter hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seconded.

fffb

I assume that the line-up for tomorrow is pretty much nailed on as…

VDS – Fletch/Brown/Heinze/O’Shea – Ronaldo/Scholes/Carrick/Giggs – Rooney/Smith

Any word yet on likely candidates for the bench?

Obviously TK and Eagles are pretty much certainties and I’ve just read that Evra is probably going to start there. How bad is Ole’s injury? Is it so bad he won’t make it? I’m guessing Dong and Kieran Lee will be included, and to make it seven if all those are on there and nobody more senior declares themselves fit it’ll be someone like Michael Barnes to make up the numbers? Or what about the likes of Hewson from the youth team? I know they’re playing again later this week but if its just to make up the numbers and they aren’t going to be used anyway what’s the harm in putting him on there for the experience?

I was going to post that we should just be thankful that its defensively that we've got so many injuries because its probably the only area where we can sustain them to such an extent.

Then I took a moment and realised that outside of the starting line-up we haven't got a senior midfielder or striker 100% fit...small mercies from the footballing gods methinks.

It's funny how we're four wins away from being in two finals and practically sewing up the league. From 20 to 15 games left, to 10 games left. If you told my last season we'd be four wins away from a potential treble this time next season I'd call you a liar.

Yet those four games seem to be taking a long time to pass. Frustrating. icon_frown.gif

I had a ticket for tonight but have an *ahem* uncomfortable infection and can't go now icon_frown.gif

fwiw I don't think we'll get battered or anything, but I can certainly see us shipping a couple of goals, which'll probably make it too much of an ask in the second leg.

What's with the grey btw? I've been away a couple of weeks...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

care to express? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want him to lactate?

Kinky sod...probably need to speak to Keyser if that’s your thing.

care to express? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm expressing far too much, that's the problem. Have to keep within dashing distance of a toilet.

Mind you I bet I have a more comfortable evening than the United defence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w29trwgFfU&NR=1 - that's the young player one. the link to the main one is one of the ones that flashes up at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The look on his face during the main one when Sir Alex says he's the best player in the world is gold.

• Administrators

have you guys announced exactly how the various ticket prices will be broken down for the Cup Final? Chelsea have, away ST holders have a ticket guaranteed for them at £95 icon_biggrin.gif way to reward the most loyal of our fans. Oh, and we're charging £4.25 special delivery on all tickets and they need to be signed for because of a no duplicates policy. £100 for a Cup Final ticket, amazing stuff.

fwiw the £35/juvenile tickets are in Tiers 1 and 5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Man City snub United switch plea

Manchester City have refused a request to move back their derby fixture against Manchester United next month.

United are scheduled to face City on Saturday 5 May at Eastlands, less than three days after the Champions League semi-final, second leg in Milan.

The Reds, who are also in the hunt for the Premiership title, asked to delay the derby game until Sunday 6 May.

However, City rejected the request and insist the game must go ahead as planned, with a 1245 (BST) kick-off.

Extra spice had been added to the Manchester derby when it appeared United would clinch the Premiership title with victory at Eastlands.

However, that scenario is now an outside prospect as United would have to beat Everton at Goodison this weekend, while Chelsea would need to lose their home game against Bolton.

That would leave Sir Alex Ferguson's side holding a six-point advantage, knowing a win over Stuart Pearce's City would effectively seal the championship.

United won this season's reverse fixture in December at Old Trafford 3-1, with goals from Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and Cristiano Ronaldo.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh you have to be kidding me.

what an absolute joke. really wp united, great stuff. may as well play behind f**king closed doors at the training ground. hell, just scrap the team altogether. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think that is what they are aiming for tbh nick, following the fight for united protests broadcast live on mutv.

Archived