The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

A huge IF, but IF we have the money, I would love for us to sign Kaka' he is the perfect replacement for Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

missed this earlier, you gonna have £50m+ to spend?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defeat tonight and the treble dream is all but gone. Also tonight the momentum should see you through against Everton.

Defeat against Everton isn't the end of the world. The Chelsea game is going to be HUGE whatever the result at Goodison.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh god. that was amazing.

I utterly lost it when Rooney scored, roll on the ummm san siro I guess.

fletch motm for me.

giggs abysmal and then POW a superb ball and SMASH.

oh god, this season gets better and better and better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. one thing I will say for giggs is, at least he gets involved enough that whilst he gives the ball away a lot he inevitably does something useful icon_biggrin.gif

bit about this season though.. I dunno.. still feel as sickly tense as ever

Great result, considering only one fully fit first team defender and a stupid 1st half strategy.

MoM: Darren Fletcher, yet another brilliant performance and hope the idiots that slag him of constantly can shut the **** up now.

2nd: Gabriel Heinze, grew into the game and timed some of his challenges (espcially in 2nd half) to perfection.

AFFG:

1st: No-one Kaka is right up there with Ronaldo in terms of ability and he showed it.

2nd: Didn't see it , because of idiots go down the concourses ffs icon_mad.gif

The people who went down 10 minutes before full time deserve to be thrown out and never let back in , they are an absolute disgrace and should feel disgusted. So glad when Rooney scored his second after seeing all those people go home icon14.gif, I mean I can understand it if it was a mundane league game (for example Sheff United) but it was a Champions League Semi-Final ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defeat tonight and the treble dream is all but gone. Also tonight the momentum should see you through against Everton.

Defeat against Everton isn't the end of the world. The Chelsea game is going to be HUGE whatever the result at Goodison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f**k the treble dream, it's a one of a kind, we NEED to be looking to secure the Premiership.

I love the CL dont get me wrong, but Everton is a massive massive game.. dont think Chelsea will let us off another slip up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

A huge IF, but IF we have the money, I would love for us to sign Kaka' he is the perfect replacement for Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

missed this earlier, you gonna have £50m+ to spend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huge IF remember. Still hoping for that revelation that I'm Bill Gates' love child, then Roman can kiss my fine derrière.

No. In the bigger picture momentum is vital. Getting a win there will help maintain the momentum that we gained from tonight. Also with the key factor of avoiding injuries, it is a Massive game, but the following Saturday is the MASSIVE one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we win at Everton we win the league. I am confident on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

missed this earlier, you gonna have £50m+ to spend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"With Sprinkles?"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If we win at Everton we win the league. I am confident on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have us winning the league without beating Everton and Chelsea. Can see them slipping up at the Emirates tbh, maybe not a defeat but a potential draw for them. Have the relegation battle interesting, 5 clubs separated by 3 points.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably for the best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

anyone else going to everton undercover? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weighing up whether to get a ticket or wathc it in the pub, save myself a load of aggro and watch FC afterwards.

Will probably just end up watching it pub.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably for the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thought as much tbf. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If we win at Everton we win the league. I am confident on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have us winning the league without beating Everton and Chelsea. Can see them slipping up at the Emirates tbh, maybe not a defeat but a potential draw for them. Have the relegation battle interesting, 5 clubs separated by 3 points. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, it is possible.

Just that if we win there i am sure we get the title (City can't score at home and West Ham last game, even if they chase the relegation battle will lose). Now if we lose there it's gonna be a situation where everything can happen.

Weighing up whether to get a ticket or wathc it in the pub, save myself a load of aggro and watch FC afterwards.

Will probably just end up watching it pub. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you going FC?

If so will see you there

in a weird way the Chelsea game is least important of the ones remaining, because if we just make sure we beat the sides we should be beating in the other 3 it'll be sealed no matter what

however I sadly still see a high chance of us dropping points somewhere along the way

in a weird way the Chelsea game is least important of the ones remaining, because if we just make sure we beat the sides we should be beating in the other 3 it'll be sealed no matter what

however I sadly still see a high chance of us dropping points somewhere along the way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kind of know what you mean. Pretty much everyone here has that down as a loss anyway, so we're just weighing up our other results against Chelsea's other results.

What it means is that if we get something from THAT game then it's party time icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

oh f**k off you tit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

wp knobber </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Start another one Nick, Mart's a jinx now icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

fo bbb you **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

whs

BBB is a NONCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

whs

BBB is a NONCE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wts

owes me a tenner aswell but pretended he didn't hear me saying it yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another loss then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

united thread turning against bbb. forming a lynch-mob to attack after the inevitable defeat AS WE SPEAK </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCREW YOU

I now continue match thread duty

If so will see you there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably , only in notlob so its only a quick trip to Gigg Lane, been a couple of times this season (when united are away or play on sunday) think last one I went to was against Bacup. Should be the next best thing than going to Goodison icon14.gif.

Great game icon14.gif Was reasonably happy with 2-2 in that we didn't get humped and would have still had a chance in the next game. In a weird way, I hope the winner doesn't affect how we approach the return leg. We're at our best when playing flowing, attacking football and at our worst when trying to employ some sort of catenaccio style.

Again Fletch and Carrick were immense tonight - although that was helped by Gattuso going off. Ronnie was 'only' good tonight. He seemed to almost be trying a little too hard at times and taking one touch to many but after his season so far I can excuse him one non man of the match performance! The Rooney winner was excellent, and to be fair he shot so quickly Dida didn't have a chance. From memory, wasn't is very similar to a (fat) Ronaldo goal against us a few years back?

Finally, I really don't get the goons who started leaving at 90 mins. I don't care how busy the traffic is, I don't care how nagging your wife is, it's a European Cup semi final ffs, they don't come around that often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Great game icon14.gif Was reasonably happy with 2-2 in that we didn't get humped and would have still had a chance in the next game. In a weird way, I hope the winner doesn't affect how we approach the return leg. We're at our best when playing flowing, attacking football and at our worst when trying to employ some sort of catenaccio style.

Again Fletch and Carrick were immense tonight - although that was helped by Gattuso going off. Ronnie was 'only' good tonight. He seemed to almost be trying a little too hard at times and taking one touch to many but after his season so far I can excuse him one non man of the match performance! The Rooney winner was excellent, and to be fair he shot so quickly Dida didn't have a chance. From memory, wasn't is very similar to a (fat) Ronaldo goal against us a few years back?

Finally, I really don't get the goons who started leaving at 90 mins. I don't care how busy the traffic is, I don't care how nagging your wife is, it's a European Cup semi final ffs, they don't come around that often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your'e thinking of the one for Real Madrid (part of his hatrick), yeah a bit similar but Ronaldo was ata much tighter angle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Finally, I really don't get the goons who started leaving at 90 mins. I don't care how busy the traffic is, I don't care how nagging your wife is, it's a European Cup semi final ffs, they don't come around that often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More or less the same goal yeah. That's what i was thinking after seeing the replays as well.

From memory, wasn't is very similar to a (fat) Ronaldo goal against us a few years back? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I thought of icon14.gif

BBB still undoubtedly at fault for the two away goals imhoteptbqhfrequency </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

And the second Kaka goal gave me a weird flashback to Sol Campbell's disallowed goal against the Argies in 1998. With the camera on half the England team celebrating the 'goal', Argentina were caning us with a 5 v 2 break down the other end which ended up with a header inches past the post I think.

The same feeling kicked in today when I was peacefully watching a replay of a United corner, and suddenly it cut to Kaka making 3 of our defenders fall over and slotting it in. Always a very surreal moment when a team scores what looks like a highlight goal in a live game.

For anyone that watched the match on ITV, how bad were they? All we saw of Milans second was Kaka shooting.

How many times can we have crowd shots or manager shots or bench shots or camera on newly brought on subs while the game is being played?

You would think they grasp the concept of people wanting to watch the football and not the crowd ffs. Just show me the action. How many times was the ball at one end for them to cut away and come back while the other side was attacking and well into a move?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

BBB - were you at the game tonight? Were you sitting beside some asian bloke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was, but i don't think he was, if that makes sense. you'd not see him on telly anyway, he's way up in tier 2.

Probably , only in notlob so its only a quick trip to Gigg Lane, been a couple of times this season (when united are away or play on sunday) think last one I went to was against Bacup. Should be the next best thing than going to Goodison icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will be good with Everton in pubs before then FCs celebrations of title after icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

BBB - were you at the game tonight? Were you sitting beside some asian bloke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was, but i don't think he was, if that makes sense. you'd not see him on telly anyway, he's way up in tier 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, naw I wasn't, besides, sitting?! standing all the way mate icon_cool.gif

Probably , only in notlob so its only a quick trip to Gigg Lane, been a couple of times this season (when united are away or play on sunday) think last one I went to was against Bacup. Should be the next best thing than going to Goodison icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will be good with Everton in pubs before then FCs celebrations of title after icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was thinking icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Also now he doesnt start everygame and has improved both his strength and overall game is there that much Fletch hate about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got outmuscled by Kaka?

Archived