The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I liked giving both Heinze and Carrick 4s and Fletcher a 5. They have some random ratings sometimes, think it was Arsenal at home last year when they gave Vidic a 4 despite pretty much everyone else having him as a MOM contender.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

Yeah I liked giving both Heinze and Carrick 4s and Fletcher a 5. They have some random ratings sometimes, think it was Arsenal at home last year when they gave Vidic a 4 despite pretty much everyone else having him as a MOM contender. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha I remember that - got the Times that day and Vidic who probably was MoM given 4 fb icon_biggrin.gif

Did they really give Fletcher 5 for yesterday? icon_biggrin.gif

Carrick 4

"Began well but just when United needed him to step forward, he recoiled, losing his passing range and missing a fantastic chance at the start of the second half. Perhaps he was too busy watching Andrea Pirlo, the model of a deeplying midfield playmaker. "

what? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick 4

"Began well but just when United needed him to step forward, he recoiled, losing his passing range and missing a fantastic chance at the start of the second half. Perhaps he was too busy watching Andrea Pirlo, the model of a deeplying midfield playmaker. "

what? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pirlo was playing?

Never saw him except for that freekick that went close.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

I had mint seats last night. 5th row of the West Upper, right behind the goal. Will get a pic up tomorrow when I'm back at work. But what a night icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My view for 'Boro on Saturday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

lads is there anywhere still offering odds on us winning nothing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, stop it. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

also had this racist twat behind me who thought nothing of calling Dida a monkey and making monkey noises at him, as well as calling Seedorf 'that black ****'. will fling an email the club's way about that methinks, took no notice of a couple of us calling him up on it. was sat with a bunch of his mates who were all whingeing old bastards who spent more time shouting 'SIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAHN' than actually supporting the team, quite brilliant justice that they left before the goal really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how old was this guy nick? did you report him to the nearest steward? i hope you do email them

had some twat behind me racially abuse benni mccarthy against blackburn, gave him an angrey glare and he became all apologetic after the game, i wasnt too bothered about it but it was disappointing to hear, first time ive heard that at ot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mid-forties or thereabouts i'd guess. already emailed them, hopefully a steward will have a word before the next game. really angered me last night, can honestly say i've never heard anything like that at United before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

youth cup final is tomorrow night isn't it? what times ko? I might come, anyone meeting up before hand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am going. Dunno about Martin/Nick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

youth cup final is tomorrow night isn't it? what times ko? I might come, anyone meeting up before hand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm going yeah, if others are going it means i can ditch the gf and her work colleagues and speak to vaguely interesting people.

7.45ko btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i'm going yeah, if others are going it means i can ditch the gf and her work colleagues and speak to vaguely interesting people.

7.45ko btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll be there icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

also had this racist twat behind me who thought nothing of calling Dida a monkey and making monkey noises at him, as well as calling Seedorf 'that black ****'. will fling an email the club's way about that methinks, took no notice of a couple of us calling him up on it. was sat with a bunch of his mates who were all whingeing old bastards who spent more time shouting 'SIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAHN' than actually supporting the team, quite brilliant justice that they left before the goal really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how old was this guy nick? did you report him to the nearest steward? i hope you do email them

had some twat behind me racially abuse benni mccarthy against blackburn, gave him an angrey glare and he became all apologetic after the game, i wasnt too bothered about it but it was disappointing to hear, first time ive heard that at ot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mid-forties or thereabouts i'd guess. already emailed them, hopefully a steward will have a word before the next game. really angered me last night, can honestly say i've never heard anything like that at United before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They get banned at Chelsea for that.

hmm, only two miles from station to stadium according to their website, that's doable in half an hour. might have to go on a recce over the summer if this definitely happens.

where did you hear about it dean btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heard about it on the FC forum, its been a rumour for a while apparently, Ive heard from some at FC who have heard from Hyde they arnt too impressed with us at their place and would welcome FCUM with open arms.

Im from just round the corner from Northwich, and it is really a long walk, and Ive been there with FC and to Wittons ground, which is practically next door, getting off at Lostock which is a request only stop most of the time is probably the closest walking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic could make a shock return in the Champions League semi-final, second leg against AC Milan next week after recovering quicker than expected from a shoulder injury suffered in March. (The Sun)

England defender Rio Ferdinand, who was expected to be sidelined with a groin injury until the match against Chelsea on 9 May, is set to be available for Manchester United's match against AC Milan. (Daily Express) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rushing all 3 back and possibly having 3 players who are not fully fit / sharp is probably a bad idea.

Neville doesn't seem to have been rushed back, so him and one of Vidic / Rio probably OK. Means Gabby at Left back and someone alongside WGWBWGWBWGWGWGWGWGWB.

O'Shea basically god again. Ish :/

So from here on in, what constitutes a 'successful season'? Obviously winning nothing would be gutting, winning just the FA Cup not really much difference (awaits cries of 'blasphemy!' etc) but anything else I'd be pretty ecstatic with. Although if we ****ed up the league and the FA Cup and had a CL Final ahead of us, those would be some mighty difficult and depressing days...

I think we have to look at it as successful already.

Obviously winning nothing now would be a hammer blow, but surely 2nd / ECSF / FACF is better than 3rd/4th (which many of us feared) another early CL exit but with a cup win thrown in?

If we end up having our season effectively decided by 3 games against the Chelsea machine then I think we have to say we’ve done incredibly well?

At this stage with the injuries is it more a concern about the injuries either being exacerbated or recurring or is match fitness also an issue?

I would assume that having played most of the season they’d be helped by a slight period of down time and feeling fresher than they might have done otherwise. Also being professionals I can’t envisage Gary, Vidic or Rio’s base fitness level diminishing that far despite their lack of match practice. But then I guess you can never just “throw†someone back into the fray and expect them to be tip top.

the silence about Nev's fitness concerns me. his return date kept getting pushed back and now we've not heard a thing for a week or so. last news was back for Everton but i'd have thought we'd have heard some kind of confirmation of that from Fergie this week really.

would tug myself silly is Rio and Vidic were back and ready to pick up where they left off though

This season has been great. Fantastic football and all major trophies competed for to the death.

If someone had said before the season started that with 4 games to go we would be within 3 points of Chelsea let alone 3 in front, in the f.a cup final and taking a lead into the second leg of a CL semi then we would all have laughed it off as an improbable dream.

Sadly having come so close not winning something would take the gloss of everything great about this season.

one thing that Juni reminded me of last night that i was very conscious of at the start of the season and had kinda forgotten - our progress to the semis has secured our place in the top group of seeds for the CL next season (obviously after some pretty atrocious seasons and with the 01-02 run to the semis dropping off the chart this year we were at risk of dropping into the second pot if we've not put together a decent run).

so, erm, yay.

one thing that Juni reminded me of last night that i was very conscious of at the start of the season and had kinda forgotten - our progress to the semis has secured our place in the top group of seeds for the CL next season (obviously after some pretty atrocious seasons and with the 01-02 run to the semis dropping off the chart this year we were at risk of dropping into the second pot if we've not put together a decent run).

so, erm, yay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did we need to get as far as the semis?

Doesn't matter but that is great news icon14.gif

Archived