The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anonymous User:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Could've given some warning about the music that went with it though!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

(features awful music)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Jeez, didn't think I was that tired when I got in from work...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Yes but can he dance? I don't want a player in my team that can't dance.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

So guys do we risk Nev, Vidic, and Ferdinand today? I'd take them playing today and us winning, only for them to be out of the Milan game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like a shot.

I don't think we should start all three. Just begging for Everton to take advantage of a slight lack of fitness and the inevitable recurring shoulder dislocation.

Red Nev a definite starter with the possibility of bringing on one of the twins when we're 5-0 up (because this time we're not going to score after 2 minutes and run off for a 88 minute coffee break, m'kay?).

I actually think this'll be one of those games where we really really struggle to create chances and break Everton down :/

Can see it still being a nervous 0-0 with 20 mins to go, while Chelsea are coasting 4-0 against the inbreds.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

So guys do we risk Nev, Vidic, and Ferdinand today? I'd take them playing today and us winning, only for them to be out of the Milan game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nev not ready for Today or Milan. Fergie says he hopes to have him back before the end of the season.

Vida cant play until hes had his scan on Monday.

Rio i wouldnt on the basis of i can see his groin going again early on.

Although i am fully with you on the League being the most important for us.

thing is they won't just be out of the Milan game if they get injured today, they'll be out of the City game too in all likelyhood. Would rather rest them and bring them back when they are ready, whether it's Milan, City or Chelsea.

Fergie says Saha may be on the bench, would like to see him get a run out, but if he's not fully fit then he probably won't come on unless we are getting desperate.

When do your play your last game? If it coincides with the last game of the Premiership season, I'd like you to be relegated then.

Winning the title and Leeds relegated and two Cup finals coming up. That'd be nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Winning the title and Leeds relegated and two Cup finals coming up. That'd be nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leeds last game is next Sunday. We win today, Chelsea lose today then we beat City on Saturday, and Chelsea fail to beat Arsenal on Sunday, that may happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Leeds last game is next Sunday. We win today, Chelsea draw today then we beat City on Saturday, and Chelsea fail to beat Arsenal on Sunday, that may happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well almost there.

Beat City it's ours.

What a day. I came pretty close to a heart attack at 22 a few times during the matches.

I dont care about anyone mistakes in that game or throughout the season, they are all heros today and that includes Richardson who wasnt abysmal \o/

4 points needed from 3 games to win the league and Chelsea still have to go to the Emirates and Arsenal have most of their players fit \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

whilst this will be one of our greatest triumphs, this will be the least enjoyable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why?

I have the same kind of feeling (although obviously not AS strong) as 99 European Cup. Spent a long time convinced I was gonna feel completely **** at the final whistle to actually feeling completely elated.

Not many moments in life have you going from one extreme to another in the space of half an hour.

So very very icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

After going 5 clear i really really want us to make the CL Final now. Before today i wasnt really bothered, it was a bonus to get there but now i really want it. I'm getting greedy. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first thing I thought when the final whistle went was

'Ok. Thats hopefully sewn up. Now I am probably gonne be even more happy with a result on Wednesday as it seems like this could be the year of absolute greatness'

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

wp on winning the title </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on 5th November, in this very thread

hate to say I told you so

What a win!

At half time when things look so different for Man Utd and Chelsea..

Then came O shea..

Our loyal Phil Neville...

Shrek...

Eagles..

With this win i really think it will bring us the title now.While many were thinking that the Chelsea game is the pivotal one, i thought that if we can win these 2 away games against Everton and our friendly neighbors we can dont even bother the Chelsea game..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

wp on winning the title </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on 5th November, in this very thread

hate to say I told you so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll take the thanks when its done.

We have a Manchester Derby to come at City, You at the Bridge and then West Ham who might well need to win to stay up. 3 tricky games despite it looking done and dusted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Scholes: "We'll go to City next week and try and do the same. Well obviously not going 2-0 down." icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha

wp Paul.

come to think of it some credit should go to Fergie for half time team talk... after such a limp 1st half, we came STORMING out in the second.. then the ridiculous scenario of Everton getting their 2nd goal.. but we just went for them even more. heads didnt really go down at all that I saw. great effort tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

cheers for that juni, very wise.

not won yet tho like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's just been thrown at us, ffs. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

Can we have Carrick back please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

16m STEAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll end up paying the rest so its going to end up as an £18.6m steal.

Archived