The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Running Total: 4

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

14AlanSmithifb 85

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

SLO_Fila 43

? - 15

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jules needs to pick again, Pickles already had 74.

Nick, as long as it's reputable source (ie daily national newspaper or similar, we should be OK).

Caveats are intended to cut out crap like Tribalfootball or random message board WUMs.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

14AlanSmithifb 85

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Ryno - 62

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

SLO_Fila 43

? - 15

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

As a bloke at work has just pointed out, for someone who's having a shyte season according to the mongy british media, Rooney's 11 goals in his last 12 games aren't all that bad eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's scored more than Ronaldo this season icon14.gif

While he's on a good run goalscoring wise, i don't think it's mongy to suggest he's been some way below his best this season, or that even during his goalscoring run that his general play hasn't been up to his usual standards.

While he's on a good run goalscoring wise, i don't think it's mongy to suggest he's been some way below his best this season, or that even during his goalscoring run that his general play hasn't been up to his usual standards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

14AlanSmithifb 85

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Ryno - 62

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

SLO_Fila 43

EmmYouEffSee - 29

? - 15

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

14AlanSmithifb 85

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Ryno - 62

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

SLO_Fila 43

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

? - 15

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just spoke to mu travel and it seems they didnt fancy contacting me to say my credit card hadnt gone through as it seems id put my billing address as my delivery address in my drunken state.

and there is no more tickets available now ffs.

i'm not overly ****ed off any way cos i couldnt really afford it and i have a job interview on tuesday anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just spoke to mu travel and it seems they didnt fancy contacting me to say my credit card hadnt gone through as it seems id put my billing address as my delivery address in my drunken state.

and there is no more tickets available now ffs.

i'm not overly ****ed off any way cos i couldnt really afford it and i have a job interview on tuesday anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ticket office did that to me the other year too, i rang up asking where my tickets where being i'm in the auto cup scheme and they said cared declined we sent a letter which was bollox

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Are we playing for kittens? What exactly is the prize here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The combined post count of Mika and BBB added to your karma?

Or deletion of any Scouse supporting user of your choice?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Jules iirc Nick has a ticket for the gamr if you can sort out flights etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah i cba mate tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Or deletion of any Scouse supporting user of your choice? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A life size carboard cut out of Sarah Michelle Gellar? Laminated, of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

A life size carboard cut out of Sarah Michelle Gellar? Laminated, of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With free moving parts - make her wonky nose straight icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

A life size carboard cut out of Sarah Michelle Gellar? Laminated, of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With free moving parts - make her wonky nose straight icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's not promise what we can't deliver. If the original cut out was accurate, a master carpenter couldn't sort that out.

mark g and alilaw smell funny </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. I can smell myself thanks to my regular shaped nose.

As a bloke at work has just pointed out, for someone who's having a shyte season according to the mongy british media, Rooney's 11 goals in his last 12 games aren't all that bad eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well overall he did have a sub standard season.

His form did improve lately in the few games but he still fecks up too often. Look at Everton and how many golden opportunities he missed. (although they were all excused by the sheer calmness for his goal).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

faith>buffy

and dushku>smg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you're a Dawn man anyway?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

buffy bashers make me sick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of interest, in what context are we using "bash" here?

faith>buffy

and dushku>smg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you're a Dawn man anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah never liked dawn tbh

willow's lezzers where nice though espcially that mexican one

07 is going to go MENTAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you started it tbf asking for what the prize was

he's not had that bad a season. there was a bit of an obvious carry-over from the ridiculous way he was rushed back for the world cup, a couple of dips in form which every striker goes through and he's been overshadowed to an extent by Ronnie and other players. what's really important here for me is that it's how young players react to setbacks and periods of below-par form that is crucial, and he's come storming back in the last month or so with brilliant performances in all competitions, right when we've needed him to do so.

23 goals so far with a bagload of assists is a career season in pure statistical terms too, and while i appreciate stats don't tell the full picture, i certainly feel that some of the bad press he's had this season has been way over the top.

Archived