The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Awful performance.

I was gutted but the fact that we're 4 points away from the league title and in the fa cup final which NONE of us would have believed makes things better.

Such a gutless performance icon_frown.gif

Dare I read the match thread?

oh and we got chased by a crazy shopkeeper with a breadknife \o/

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and mixing ice cream with beer (quite strong beer) is just a baaaad thing to do, I was called an "embarrasment to Manchester United" by one of the CES dudes for throwing up on the coach icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

thank god thats over. get back to the real deal now, hope such an embarrassing, spineless performance doesnt affect our moral/momentum for saturday.

heinze a complete dick, what on earth has happened to him. no positional sense in 9/10 games these days and now hes lost his common sense too.

gattuso a legend, wish him and roy keane were my two dads.

Right, given that the Footies are always ‘ruined’ by our huuuuuuuuuuge block vote, and they’ve been rubbish anyway since I handed the reigns to underlings like NickOGS I thought we’d sod the lot of ‘em and just have our own naval gazing leg humping ‘AYMUY? Footies’ special

Just thinking it’d be easiest to come up with a list of categories and then have free voting. No shortlists or any of the other stuff.

Will wait until after the cup final to start the voting…

Thoughts? Ideas?

So, the Milan game…

MOM: Paul Scholes

2ND: Edwin van der Sar

AFFG:

#1 – Have to see it again…

#2 – Gabby Heinze

#3 – Have to see it again…

Gutted with the fact we’re out but sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say the better team went through. Big game experience, quality and desire to win just shone through for them last night just as much as the game passed by a lot of our players. Gattuso & Seedorf in particular were awesome. Really hope they triumph in Athens because after sitting down to despair at the lack of football played in the other semi-final I can’t countenance a Liverpool victory and success when they are a sub-par football team in terms of style in comparison to Milan.

VDS has come in for a lot of undue criticism, which is surprising for me because while his defence were losing their heads he kept his on a number of occasions and ensured that the tie was within reach for a lot longer than it should have been arguably. Scholes just our only player to put any real effort to get us into the game and its so unfortunate that he may never get to grace the pitch in a European Cup final.

As for Fergie - as lacking in match sharpness as he was Vidic was the logical choice in an either or situation with Ferdinand; I wish he'd thrown caution to the wind and changed things dramatically when the game went to 2-0, O'Shea and Carrick were further from the races than anyone else and at that point, with two goals needed it couldn't have got much worse but then there was probably always the chance in his mind that we'd sneak one and then momentum would pull us through with the players we had on the park; I thought that his post-match interview showed a lot of class as far as extending credit to Milan went as well as recognising our limitations.

The injuries came at the wrong time for us undoubtedly as far as competing for everything goes, but as long as we take the league and don’t perform in such an abject manner in the FA Cup final then last nights performance should wash away pretty well. Ultimately we’ve progressed much further than we could’ve expected to and that’s something, but clearly our away performances have to improve significantly because we got to the latter stages in spite of them.

Anyway, lets keep going in the league and see ourselves over the finishing line.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Get the **** in! \o/

Got cup final tickets! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Get the **** in! \o/

\O/\O/

that's gotta be quite a pick-me-up

Get the **** in! \o/

Lucky sod icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Right, given that the Footies are always ‘ruined’ by our huuuuuuuuuuge block vote, and they’ve been rubbish anyway since I handed the reigns to underlings like NickOGS I thought we’d sod the lot of ‘em and just have our own naval gazing leg humping ‘AYMUY? Footies’ special

Just thinking it’d be easiest to come up with a list of categories and then have free voting. No shortlists or any of the other stuff.

Thoughts? Ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was going through the old threads getting categories just the other day and planning this icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Thoughts? Ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as long as you organise it, do whatever

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Get the **** in! \o/

\O/\O/

that's gotta be quite a pick-me-up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah especially after being told I hand't got them! Gotta love the united ticket office, so inept it's untrue. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

Get the **** in! \o/

Lucky sod icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try having a season ticket since 1996-1997 (and go to all the games) and go to all the home cup games, and apply for most united aways and then tell me i'm lucky.

as for the whole bothered/not bothered argument that clichébot has been attempting to kick off...

a) i doubt anyone is completely not arsed. i don't deign to speak for Ryan or anyone else, but i'd imagine the 'not arsed' is in the context of still having two big trophies to play for and never really expecting to get anywhere near this far in europe anyway, rather than 'i felt no negative emotion whatsoever at us getting knocked out and actually wanted it to happen', as the prize moron seems to be interpreting it.

b) i was gutted last night, still a bit down today. i think apart from in the immediate hour or two before the game i was probably more optimistic than anyone that we'd get through, hence why i'm maybe a bit more disappointed than most. even so, now in the cold light of day it really isn't up there with Leverkusen, Dortmund, Porto, even Monaco if i'm honest. when you're beaten by a clearly better side, especially when you don't turn up, it is easier to take (Madrid and Bayern in '00 and '01, Milan in '05). the fact Liverpool are in the final is a double-edged sword - yes it would have been nice to have had the chance to beat them, but equally we've dodged the potential bullet of losing to them on that kind of stage. don't really see why any of us should particularly be moping about because we don't get the chance to play that lot in the final anyway.

c) with a league title to try and clinch and the first cup final at the new wembley to look forward to, i don't really see why any of us should be moping at all, and i think it's really cretinous for complete outsiders who have no idea whatsoever of the emotions we're going through telling us how we should be feeling.

Got cup tickets btw.

Nick, could do both?

Just thought some United specific stuff would be good, we can still ruin the main Footies if you're running it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm confused now. i was just meaning our usual United Awards shindig that we've had the past 3/4 years. you thinking of a general football awards thing with just us voting?

Martin had the equivalent of about 4 points then threw up on the coach, don't let hi mtell you it was the ice crea mas Keith managed to not empty his tomach lining all over his own leg.

As for the game well it wasa bit crap. San Siro is a truly awesome stadium & the atmosphere was crazy. I think I may have been having a heart attack as kickoff approached.

The game was crap, we were crap & Milan totally outclassed us. Gutted we lost, mainly thorugh frustration of getting nowhere near them but at the same time whenithe whistle went at the end it was like a huge weight off my shoulders knowing I wouldn't have to endure 3 weeks of buildup to playing Liverpool in the final.

STill we have gotthe league all but sewn up & we are in the FA cup final.

If at the start of the season I was told this then I wouldn't have believed you. Actually quite happy today considering.

Got chased by some crazed hotdog vendor with a breadknife & had to stop Keith taking a beating from a copper but apart from that it was fun. Wouldn't rely on those two ***** to back you up though, never seen em both move so fast to get away.

Did I mention Martin cannot handle his beer? icon_biggrin.gif

Mart should be banned from future euro aways imo. three defeats out of three and being labelled 'an embarrassment to Manchester United', should probably confiscate his passport.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Mart should be banned from future euro aways imo. three defeats out of three and being labelled 'an embarrassment to Manchester United', should probably confiscate his passport. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The embarrasment thing i agree with, but to be fair to mart given our record away in europe in recent seasons, that's probably about average. If you were going to use number of away defeats as an excuse for not letting people go, i'd be looking at James' mum and dad before anyone else.

Mart should be banned from future euro aways imo. three defeats out of three and being labelled 'an embarrassment to Manchester United', should probably confiscate his passport. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I txt him as much last night.

Blame him entirely tbh.

Equivalent of 10 bottles, my arse.

You & Keith were both asleep in the San Siro 10 minutes before kickoff. Guy next to me pointed it out. I had to boot you in the tit to wake you up.

I drank exactly the same as you & I was asn't vominting all over myself & falling over tables in the middle of Milan icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

you didn't boot me you cuuunt, i woke up of my own accord, you're such scum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm yes I did. I was sat on the railing with my feet on the railing of the row below, do you not remember? I thought you deserved a boot in the ribs for being an embarassment to the club.

most annoying thing about last night was, whilst being sat in a leather seat on a 747, trying to sleep was a no-no thanks to that arsehole who would NOT stop coughing, not even a real cough either tbf, just this pathetic noise icon_frown.gif

was desperate to stab him in the face with my fork

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

The embarrasment thing i agree with, but to be fair to mart given our record away in europe in recent seasons, that's probably about average. If you were going to use number of away defeats as an excuse for not letting people go, i'd be looking at James' mum and dad before anyone else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they must at least break even, surely?

hell, at least they have a win. i know which euro aways i'm going on next season - the ones mart, keith and jonny aren't, jinxing twats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

sorry Mart, couldn't get tickets for Sat, they were sold out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no worries dude, cheers though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and credit to the milan fans, stupidly loud throughout, made anfield like a morgue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They where loud but not as loud as ours icon_wink.gif.

Archived