The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

Carlos Tevez has told his West Ham team-mates he will quit the club at the end of the season - with AC Milan and Sevilla leading the chase. (The Sun)

Though it is still unclear who owns Tevez - with Media Sports Investment allegedly offering him to five different clubs for £31m. (Daily Express)

SWAPHIMFORRICHARDSONFERGIE

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Funniest chant?

It has amused me for some time that Manchester United fans have a chant about Gary Neville being a Red who hates Scousers. Of course, one of their best players, Wayne Rooney, is a Scouser.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kevin nolan, who was also in the kop for the cl semi final v chelsea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

If Hargreaves does indeed sign, which number will the lad get? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4, when Heinze goes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

not for £31m ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the 31m is not all from tevez, 25 million of it is for them taking Richardson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Fergie saying Saha did his knee the day before the City game, which he would have played, and wont be available for the final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SSN saying GNev still doubtful as for the final as well icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

1993/94 Double Winning Side, the Greatest Side of my lifetime:

Peter Schmeichel: Compilation

Paul Parker:

Steve Bruce:

Gary Pallister:

Denis Irwin: Compilation (More Pictures than Video)

Andrei Kanchelskis:

RSB2

Paul Ince:

Roy Keane: Compilation

Ryan Giggs: Compilation

Mark Hughes: Compilation

Eric Cantona: Compilation

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically i was reading some other sites the other day and they were talking about our greatest side ever. Hardly anyone said the 94 double winning side for reasons mainly that they never saw them play.

So i had half hour spare and tried to dig out some compilations of the sides. Players who played longer will have compilations with a lot of clips after the early 90's but so what.

Some people like the defence you cant get footage of but hopefully when i get chance to have a proper look later on i can find something.

Schmic compilation my favourite, its class and then the Cantona one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

nick icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no-one seems to know icon_frown.gif

i'll keep asking. ring the club imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you ring them icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't need to, found it myself xsmug

Sources close to the Glazer family have indicated that some or all of the six children, five brothers and one sister, on the Manchester United board are expected to attend the final home game of the season at Old Trafford on Sunday and the FA Cup final six days later, scotching suggestions from supporters that they will blank the title celebrations. The Glazers' appearances at Old Trafford have been more frequent in recent weeks, though small numbers of supporters still unhappy at the takeover have attempted to stage protests.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2077228,00.html

Sources close to the Glazer family have indicated that some or all of the six children, five brothers and one sister, on the Manchester United board are expected to attend the final home game of the season at Old Trafford on Sunday and the FA Cup final six days later, scotching suggestions from supporters that they will blank the title celebrations. The Glazers' appearances at Old Trafford have been more frequent in recent weeks, though small numbers of supporters still unhappy at the takeover have attempted to stage protests.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2077228,00.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

FA Cup final tickets still not arrived. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ours haven't either

tell

I'll give you a kiss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

james will get jealous. but ok.

it's by some bloke called Brush Shiels who was in a band called Skid Row. never heard of him, but there you go.

trying to find an mp3 of it atm, no luck, can download it as a realplayer file from his website though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

They have been at your home games for the past weeks as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When we're nearing the title?

How good of them

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2077228,00.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hope people boo if they go on the pitch

doubt it though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Basically i was reading some other sites the other day and they were talking about our greatest side ever. Hardly anyone said the 94 double winning side for reasons mainly that they never saw them play.

So i had half hour spare and tried to dig out some compilations of the sides. Players who played longer will have compilations with a lot of clips after the early 90's but so what.

Some people like the defence you cant get footage of but hopefully when i get chance to have a proper look later on i can find something.

Schmic compilation my favourite, its class and then the Cantona one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say the '99 treble winning side is my greatest Man Utd team. Mainly because the midfield was so unbelievably awesome. And partly because it picked up a treble and then a hattrick of premiership titles.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

if they so much as glance at the trophy i'll set Mart on 'em </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they're the reason we won it icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

2 new tifo flags for Sunday, including the 2 that were in place for the Milan game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

reading that has just made me go on the sef site...

who is that with sir matt?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What an awful drawing of SAF </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks more like Mart tbh.

you dt's better not block up the roads for this match.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE PLAYING WATFORD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Working. And I only use trains/trams

Fergie saying Saha did his knee the day before the City game, which he would have played, and wont be available for the final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told you guys 2 months ago we won't see Saha again this season and you guys laughed at me icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

I told you guys 2 months ago we won't see Saha again this season and you guys laughed at me icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

except we saw him in milan ?icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A 10 min cameo doesn't count icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie reveals Tevez snub

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he turned down the chance to sign Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano at the start of the season due to misgivings over the nature of the proposed deal.

United's opponents on the final day of the season, West Ham, were recently fined £5.5million for breaking Premier League regulations in signing the pair from Corinthians, although the London club escaped a potentially disastrous points deduction.

Mascherano has since moved on to Liverpool after a desperately unhappy time at Upton Park, but Tevez will arrive at Old Trafford on Sunday carrying the hopes of Hammers fans on his shoulders after scoring six goals in nine games during a run of inspirational form.

Now Ferguson has explained that the complicated arrangement on offer, involving a third party in MSI, warned him off pursuing a deal for the pair back in August.

"Tevez was offered to everyone," said Ferguson.

"We were offered both him and Mascherano but, if I remember it correctly, we weren't sure of the deal."

The Hammers need just a point to guarantee their Premiership status on Sunday, and Ferguson has recognised the key role that Tevez has played in Alan Curbishley's side's recent renaissance.

"Tevez is the one who has lifted their game a bit," said Ferguson. "He has scored a couple of really good free-kicks and seems to have a lot of enthusiasm for it."

United have been involved in their own transfer controversy in recent days, with the Premier League investigating why Tim Howard was omitted from Everton's side to face The Red Devils after completing a permanent move to Goodison.

The champions have clarified their position after being cleared of any wrongdoing, and Ferguson has dismissed claims that officials within the Premier League knew nothing of the club's wish for Howard to be left out on 28th April.

"There are a few porkies being told because we addressed it with the Premier League at the time," claimed Ferguson.

"We could have just let the loan deal run if we had wanted but the boy wanted his future sorting and Everton knew other clubs were interested in him."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any spares for the final?

xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

want them? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gets out image enhancer to print fake tickets

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

everton wanted it sorting ffs?! what are we a charity case? should have let them squirm, let the window open and squeezed out more money, to be spent on tevez or some other future king </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Timmeh wanted it sorted, I think.

Archived