The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

right, few cup final logistical matters:

this plan to drive to Euston and then get the train - i've been saying it all week and have been ignored (same old story icon_frown.gif), it's a RUBBISH plan. heading into london to get the train back out, on cup final day? madness. much better to head to somewhere like Watford or Harrow & Wealdstone and get the train from there - will save ourselves loads of time that would otherwise be spent in traffic. sort it aht

also, apparently all pubs in the area are going to close an hour before kick-off so if we want another tipple or three after 2pm we need to plan ahead - either bring some of the beer from the car, or Phil has said there's an Ikea just up the road from Wembley - map - which sells Kopparberg. so yeah, just putting that out there.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Brown committed to Reds

Wes Brown says he would like to see out the remainder of his career at Old Trafford.

After a short spell in the side at the beginning of the season, Brown spent the majority of the middle part warming the bench resulting in speculation over his future.

The 28-year-old, who enjoyed a more prolonged run in the first team towards the end of the campaign, insists he is keen to remain at United for the foreseeable future and beyond despite not always being first choice.

"I have been at Manchester United since I was a kid and I always want to be here," he declared. "A lot of people have asked me about my future but that was just because I wasn't playing for a certain stage of the season.

"If you are not getting selected, it is normal for people to start talking. But I just get on with it. I am playing now and everything is fine.

"When you look at this last week, winning the title and now the Cup final, it shows why you want to be at a club like this."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

this plan to drive to Euston and then get the train - i've been saying it all week and have been ignored (same old story icon_frown.gif), it's a RUBBISH plan. heading into london to get the train back out, on cup final day? madness. much better to head to somewhere like Watford or Harrow & Wealdstone and get the train from there - will save ourselves loads of time that would otherwise be spent in traffic. sort it aht

also, apparently all pubs in the area are going to close an hour before kick-off so if we want another tipple or three after 2pm we need to plan ahead - either bring some of the beer from the car, or Phil has said there's an Ikea just up the road from Wembley - map - which sells Kopparberg. so yeah, just putting that out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Watford is your best bet will be easy from there

Will be plenty of places selling cans and i doubt the pubs will close

Had an absolute **** of an arguementative day with 'Club Wembley' and then the F.A.

Eventually getting past three people who talked absolute sh*te as to where our tickets were, then through to Barwick's office, then left messages and all that.

Threatened to get a refund on the 10 year seats and go to the press with how sh*te Wembley is to it's customers and well....what do you know. The tickets that couldn't be printed, were stuck up north and that had gone missing, were courierd over at 4pm today.

Absolute shower of sh*te.

plenty of places selling cans at £4 each i suspect. no ta.

latest is that the pubs will close from 2pm until an hour after the game ends. heard it all before and it's not been true but i've no reason to really doubt this guy. not that fussed anyway, chances are i'll be fairly leathered by 2pm and won't particularly need another drink.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we'll be drinking from 7ish icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be asleep by 9 icon_biggrin.gif

We're leaving our house at 8.30, parking up at a tube station the next stop or couple of stops away from Wembley. Then either getting in a pub outside of Wembley before getting the tube because everybody will have the same idea of going to The Torch and it'll be too packed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

plenty of places selling cans at £4 each i suspect. no ta.

latest is that the pubs will close from 2pm until an hour after the game ends. heard it all before and it's not been true but i've no reason to really doubt this guy. not that fussed anyway, chances are i'll be fairly leathered by 2pm and won't particularly need another drink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They say that alot but there will be alot of people without tickets down there (like me) who will want to watch it in the pubs so they won't close

What pub you lot heading for?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

We're leaving our house at 8.30, parking up at a tube station the next stop or couple of stops away from Wembley. Then either getting in a pub outside of Wembley before getting the tube because everybody will have the same idea of going to The Torch and it'll be too packed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think you're daft going that near to the stadium before getting the train in, it's going to be mental busy. probably a good point about the Torch though.

i'm gonna do my research on routes and train times etc tomorrow while working my way through the 63, 77, 83, 85, 90, 94, 96, 99 and 04 finals icon_cool.gif

How much are you willing to pay for a ticket RedBlood, if you fail jibbing? Just out of interest really..

I think people are insane paying £600+, that sort of money could pay for 19 league games next season ffs.

I doubt it, but if the turnstiles are anything like Cardiff, you'll definitely jib it. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

How much are you willing to pay for a ticket RedBlood, if you fail jibbing? Just out of interest really..

I think people are insane paying £600+, that sort of money could pay for 19 league games next season ffs.

I doubt it, but if the turnstiles are anything like Cardiff, you'll definitely jib it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>£200 tops

Wouldn't pay anything like £600 that is just stupid

Turnstiles won't be a problem it is just getting near with multiple ticket checks i fear

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Turnstiles won't be a problem it is just getting near with multiple ticket checks i fear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We weren't checked at the U21 game. Doubt they can justify checking 60000 fans tickets before getting to the turnstiles if they're urging fans to be in the stadium for the prematch stuff (Red Arrows ftw). Think the turnstiles will be a bit harder than you think, as they are more robust and secure than most I've seen at English Grounds

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ferguson could be thwarted as Bale leans to Spurs

Stuart James and Jeremy Wilson

Friday May 18, 2007

The Guardian

Tottenham seem to have gained the upper hand in their battle with Manchester United to sign the Wales defender Gareth Bale, with the 17-year-old left-back understood to be leaning towards a move to White Hart Lane.

Southampton accepted a bid from Tottenham during the January transfer window but the teenager, mindful that United were also interested and keen to finish the season on the south coast, opted to stay at St Mary's. With the Saints failing to win promotion, however, his departure is now regarded as inevitable. His future is expected to be discussed at St Mary's next week, with north London emerging as the most likely destination.

Spurs are keen to add a left-sided player to their squad and it is believed that Bale has been made aware of the financial package on offer. He was shown around White Hart Lane in January and, although United's interest has flattered the teenager, the opportunity to play regularly may be a decisive factor in his decision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

also, apparently all pubs in the area are going to close an hour before kick-off so if we want another tipple or three after 2pm we need to plan ahead - either bring some of the beer from the car, or Phil has said there's an Ikea just up the road from Wembley - map - which sells Kopparberg. so yeah, just putting that out there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I could offer an alternative. Drive to High Wycombe, just off M40, will be quiet and park the car in the station car park (£5ish for the day - cheaper than London) and Wembley is 20 minutes away on the train and travels TOWARDS London rather than from it, so you'll actually be able to get on it. Probably about £10-12 return i would've thought.

Don't park at Euston...bit of a mare of a place to get out of. The Marylebone road is an absolute arse, even on Saturday's. So avoid at all costs.

As Pickles says, stay outside of town and come in. Much easier to park - costing's a lot less, and there's a better chance of you getting home quicker. The congestion'll mash you up in town.

Might have a ticket in the Utd end once more icon_smile.gif Fingers crossed for the mornin'. £400 I rekon...we shall see!

High Wycombe - J4 on the M40.

Parking £5.00 for day at Wycombe train station

£15.60 return from Wycombe - Wembley - Wycombe.

Easy access back to the M40 and back oop north. Be better than M25/M1 on Saturday night, that's for sure icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

warwick parkway ftw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh right, it's a station. I thought you were talking about that bloke from Willow who was also in Extra's.

We're leaving our house at 8.30, parking up at a tube station the next stop or couple of stops away from Wembley. Then either getting in a pub outside of Wembley before getting the tube because everybody will have the same idea of going to The Torch and it'll be too packed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think you're daft going that near to the stadium before getting the train in, it's going to be mental busy. probably a good point about the Torch though.

i'm gonna do my research on routes and train times etc tomorrow while working my way through the 63, 77, 83, 85, 90, 94, 96, 99 and 04 finals icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen most of those so many times, yet i've never seen '63, and barely ever seen anything of '83 again, even though i've seen '77 loads.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

mark hughes v oldham probably my first football orgasm. memories :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd love my mum and dad's front room.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we'll be drinking from 7ish icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be asleep by 9 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

So Mart/Nick/Keith just wondering where you guys would prefer to pick us up tommorrow Morning? outside Old Trafford or if you prefer for us to go around to Mart's place, it's up to you guys (Keith mostly obviously), you'll have to let me know (Mart's got my mobile number and Nick has me on MSN).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Martin, you & your uncle in the back of Keith's car icon_biggrin.gif

It will be snug to say the least icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheeky git....true though icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

lads, it is with great sadness that i have to announce that from the 29th May, i will no longer be providing my usual gems of wisdom and high-quality repartee between the hours of 9 and 5 and in my usual late night slot :*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

If it went well you must have a chance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

as for the hours, lets be realistic. In daytime we're only losing you between 3:30 and 5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

sweepstake to see who lasts longer; nick or taz? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would i lose my job? You talk like i have a history of losing jobs when in reality i have lost one.

And that job was lost because they decided to merge two departments making me with little experience surplus to requirements.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

well in nick sire, what will you be doing?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nothing particularly impressive, just customer service rubbish for this motorcycle insurance firm in Altrincham. should hopefully enable me to get my ST, make my CV look a bit less rubbish and then i can find something better.

Archived