The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO lazy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You doing a weekender for Wimbledon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, should be down sometime on friday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">gonna do any of the united friendlies blaine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not planning to at the moment. only really aware of the asian tour, doncaster and peterborough though.

if i'm right, i think that is the same friday as i'm going down to london for the wimbledon trip.

we went to doncaster with fcum this season, was quite a good laugh. we played in the fa vase against a team called brodsworth miners' welfare, played just outside on donny in a place called adwick (not to be confused with ardwick).

quite a few pubs in the centre, some were a bit rum and a lot got closed after the match following rumours of 'donny whites' (local leeds fans) being about looking for us. we ended up in the walkabout.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, so I’ve been out of action since prior to the West Ham game since I suffered quite a bad head injury playing 5-a-side (no need for sympathy since while you lot were busy enjoying the sight of us lifting the trophy I was out of my tree in A & E…) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh icon_frown.gif did you have a ticket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn’t but my very simple plan that was torn asunder on the 13th was as follows:

1pm – Lunch

1.45pm – drive to 5-a-side venue.

2pm – 5-a-side football k.o.

2.40pm – 5-a-side football ends, drive home.

2.55pm – settle down to watch United vs. West Ham.

5pm onwards – watch title celebrations and let the good times roll.

What actually happed was that about 2.30pm I smashed my head on what is essentially a concrete floor covered with a thin layer of Astroturf and then spent the next 24hours in hospital and the rest of the week fending off constant headaches, which is generally what I’m told is the best case scenario when you have a bad concussion, slight amnesia and some slight bleeding in the old noggin.

Anyway I’m on the slow road to recovery now & more importantly I’ve voted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

taz needs to step up and make a compilation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuck doing 12 hour days over 5 days a week at work at the minute.

Have been wanting to do one for a while so hopefully i will get round to it this weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good lad icon_cool.gif, how's the new job going? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going well thanks. The hours are taking their tole at the minute so it feels like work and then bed with no time for anything else at the minute.

Its based on 4 on and 4 off but with me being new its 5 on and 2 off for the first month. that would be fine except they are having me work 12 hour days over the 5 as i would with the 4.

Shouldnt complain though as its £20k basic and the extra day a week is being paid to me on top of the basic so i get £140 for that extra day.

The big boss even bought me dinner the other day and said how well he thought i was doing at the job.

Enjoying things so far and the people are really friendly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:

anyone got that pic of more united season ticket holders from manchester then at city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you ask that on RI earlier by any chance?

Mart/Keith/Jonny - just wondering, did none of you guys get any pictures in Amsterdam last summer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a couple, will upload them later dude.

apparantly all 3 CL games will be debited at once for those in the auto cup scheme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ, why don't they just assume we'll get to the final of every cup having played every home game possible and take all that money up front...may as well go the whole hog...****s.

apparantly all 3 CL games will be debited at once for those in the auto cup scheme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that has to be a joke, surely icon_biggrin.gif

Spurs have agreed a fee for Gareth Bale btw, with Fergie and Gill out of the country i'm not sure whether we'll be able to respond and do likewise (if they wanted to do so ofc).

that has to be a joke, surely icon_biggrin.gif

Spurs have agreed a fee for Gareth Bale btw, with Fergie and Gill out of the country i'm not sure whether we'll be able to respond and do likewise (if they wanted to do so ofc). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see you're in training for next week.

from what i've heard, Bale prefers Spurs anyway at the moment, as he thinks he'll ply far more games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I feel a little sick now, god only knows how horrible I'd be feeling if we'd been playing them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

athens would be burning down for a start.

i just have such a 'meh' feeling about it, its inevitably going to happen and yet at the same time i cant not watch a champions league final. lets just get the next 3 month media w@nkfest out of the way. might hibernate somewhere.

not even watching it. already accepted they will win it but the fact weve got the league back means this will be nothing like 05.

get the feeling the league is gonna be harder and harder to win over the next few years with all this new money floating around, makes me even more relieved weve had it back.

Archived