The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I've still not seen any film of Gerrard lifting the trophy from last time and I've never seen any of the penalty shoot-out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have icon_frown.gif

ill never forget it, been out of england for 5 months, we had had a DIRE season in every aspect (glazers, fa cup final defeat etc) and the phrase 'football is dead' had never seemed more apt.

literally the first thing i see as i enter my house on my return after 5 months away? gerrard lifting the trophy on ssn. that was at the end of june ffs.

big contrast to the coverage we received for winning the league this year, not even a picture in the times. c**ts.

Sorry to be Mikaish, especially amongst all this uplifting Champions League talk, but I've always had this feeling that this year was going to be the last time we'd win the Premiership for AGES.

yeah, not watching it either, work lot trying to drag me to the pub. I'll be at home watching the last 2 episodes of 24, will turn on the telly around 10ish to hopefully see maldini holding ol' big ears, more likely gerrard tbf

All our yesterday's....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Some GOOD news

Ferguson rules out loan move for youngster

Alex Ferguson has dismissed rumours that 20 year old Southport-born midfielder, David Jones, will be allowed to leave the club on loan next season.

"I've always said we already have the long term-replacement for Roy (Keane) already within our ranks. I intend on giving him matches alongside Roy next year.

"Roy's season with Bryan (Robson) was crucial to his development and I'm sure young David would benefit from a season playing with a player like Roy Keane."

"He (David Jones) is an excellent talent - very exciting. He shows such maturity for someone so young. He's strong in the tackle, an excellent passer of the ball and he chips in with a good amount of goals too. His reading of the game is nothing short of amazing considering his relative lack of experience. The complete midfielder.

"You have to remember though, it takes a special player to play central midfield in the Premiership at a young age. Somebody like (Cesc) Fabregas at Arsenal is just a freak occurence. You look at him and you can see he's a special player. Darren Fletcher, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard all started well when they were young, but the latter two have grown tremendously well and blossomed into world-class talents - and I'm confident that Darren will do the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the new page. 22 sets of votes in so far, still plenty of regulars who haven't voted yet. would like to make Friday night the deadline really so i can count over the weekend and maybe do the awards sunday night or on bank holiday monday.

voted so far:

14AlanSmithifb

alilaw

BBB

Blaine

Bling

davidbowie

EmmYouEffSee

Gazz22

JulesMUFC

LibLibertine

mark g

Nezell

Pickles

pjburrage

player_65

Rcjuk

Saha

Taz

theis

titchuk

wsr

Young Jimlad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

anyone got Scatter's email address btw? should probably give him a chance to vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sent.

thought i'd save myself the effort of writing out too much myself and use some people's reasons when revealing the winners. will probably be more entertaining than me waffling on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rage1999:

anyone got that pic of more united season ticket holders from manchester then at city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here is the report from dr adam brown:

http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bitstream/2173/203...treport+-+brown1.pdf

I had actually forgotten the footbal lwas on tonight until I saw the paper this morning & it was already bumming Liverpool like they had solved world hunger.

Gonna watch series 2 of peep show again I think & avoid the result until tomorrow morning.

However there is some sick twisted element of me that wants to sit & torture myself by watching it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

people in work telling me to support liverpool because they're english ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, feck that for a laugh.

'mon AC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

people in work telling me to support liverpool because they're english ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a load of *****!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

RI forum is working for me Blaine, type it in google and click the link, it should work then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i meant the main site. anyway, it's working now.

All Dippers on the Kop

Cilla and the Diddymen

The Lord God made the lot

Each tiny bunch of flowers

When anything goes wrong

They wallow in self-pity

And sing their Munich song

All things foul and verminous

Shellsuits of every hue

Trip us up on paving slabs

And we'll be sure to sue

Each time that bad things happen

They always say the same

It's never Liverpudlians

'Cos Chelsea are to blame

All things West of Manchester

All Dirties on the rob

Lose your match this Wednesday night

Oh please almighty God!

Tell them their spanish actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My "200 scousers stuck at John Lennon Airport" thread is booming, some photos of the scousers with tickets have been photoshopped too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonder if Gillet and Hicks will demand that their tickets are redistributed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=48F0WFEQ

for everyone else </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sort it out, ffs. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I had actually forgotten the footbal lwas on tonight until I saw the paper this morning & it was already bumming Liverpool like they had solved world hunger.

Gonna watch series 2 of peep show again I think & avoid the result until tomorrow morning.

However there is some sick twisted element of me that wants to sit & torture myself by watching it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't stop myself from not watching. I have to watch.

Last time at half-time i was feeling so smug i was thinking "ah, let liverpool score 2 goals so that it will be a tense end of the game".

Fookers fooked me up big time icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Let Liverpool score 2 goals? You stupid idiot Fila

I'm already depressed about what is about to follow tonight

btw, I'll try to vote for the awards soon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They looked like a freaking amateur team. How was i supposed to know the twats, featuring some laughable players on the pitch, would stage such a comeback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thank you for your recent email letter concerning the 2007/08 ticket prices. The Club has set its prices within the overall policy of maintaining top quality football at a fair price. The Board believes new range of £25-£44 is reasonable. Liverpool’s lowest price this season is £32, Chelsea’s £28 and Tottenham’s £30. In addition, the new prices have seen under 16 prices cut from 50% of an adult ticket (£11.50-£19.50 this year) to £10 anywhere in the stadium. This move means that, despite any adult rises, an adult taking two children to a match will pay less next season than this year. Over 65 prices have been capped at £20.

Making the automatic cup scheme compulsory affects around a quarter of the 57,000 Season Ticket holders, since the vast majority are either in the scheme already or buy all the cup games on an individual basis. By not including the Cup games in a higher priced season ticket, the Club has rejected the policy of many other clubs who insist on payment at the start of the season for cup matches that may not happen in favour of a system that allows fans to pay as the games are played. Those who currently buy all cup tickets but are not in the cup scheme will now save the 3% admin fee, which is waived for those in the scheme.

These decisions are also set against a background which sees the Club turn away an average of 5,700 members for every FAPL home game and with more than 14,000 on the Season Ticket waiting list.

The Board knows that the price of tickets is a subject that always arouses strong feelings. But the Club feels that the principle of top football at affordable prices has been maintained, and the settlement has provided an environment which will encourage more young people to see the team.

Yours sincerely

David A Gill

Chief Executive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh the rise in tickets is a) only to be expected, b) still perfectly comparable to other football clubs and c) quite within their right considering attendances have been so strong.

£25 is still amoung the cheapest of all the big teams in the premiership and what a lot of championship fans have to pay. I doubt its just the glazers that would be charging this much with the attendances we've been getting. Almost all boards would do the same. Just look at Arsenal and they have fans on the board.

Making the automatic cup scheme compulsory is a **** decision however.

cos it's to be expected is supposed to be somehow comforting or summat?

the comparable football clubs thing is **** too. to use your style a) cos football is overpriced in general, it's not just united, b) the majority of example clubs used are in london

within their right? you talk like you are on the payroll ffs. let's fleece them for what they have got, see how far they can go...

Archived