The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

cos it's to be expected is supposed to be somehow comforting or summat?

the comparable football clubs thing is **** too. to use your style a) cos football is overpriced in general, it's not just united, b) the majority of example clubs used are in london

within their right? you talk like you are on the payroll ffs. let's fleece them for what they have got, see how far they can go... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really understanding the capatalist system are you? If you think the product is worth the price they are charging, pay, if not, don't?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not really understanding the capatalist system are you? If you think the product is worth the price they are charging, pay, if not, don't? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really understanding football, are you?

yeah lets face it, even though it would never have ruined our league title, it would have been a rubbish end to the season - esp following the Cup final

thank god there's now no way my Liverpool-supporting mate can somehow argue that their season was better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

What aren't I understanding? How important it is to you? And thousands of others? That's why you have to pay so much. Simple really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to note - I do genuinely feel sympathy for those that have been priced out, but still moronic to hate on the Glazers for doing what is best for their business.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

cos it's to be expected is supposed to be somehow comforting or summat?

the comparable football clubs thing is **** too. to use your style a) cos football is overpriced in general, it's not just united, b) the majority of example clubs used are in london

within their right? you talk like you are on the payroll ffs. let's fleece them for what they have got, see how far they can go... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying that you should be happy to be paying these prices. But considering we are one of if not the most popular team in England, champions, playing attractive football, selling out almost every game etc you can hardly criticize the board for taking advantage. Its simple supply and demand. Ideally because its a football club those rules shouldn't apply but they do and because of it we are paying more and more. Maybe we should count ourselves lucky that in previous seasons the board has been lenient with ticket prices.

This is old data (2005) but clubs charging comparable/higher prices to what we are charging now:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

High Low

Arsenal £54 £30

Birmingham City £45 £20

Bolton Wanderers £39 £21

Chelsea £60 £35

Everton £34 £28 (Cat A) | £26 (Cat B)

Fulham £49 £28

Liverpool £32 £30 (Cat A) | £28 (Cat B)

Manchester City £32 £27

Middlesbrough £40 £24

Newcastle United £37 £22

Portsmouth £39 £30 (Cat A) | £26 (Cat B)

Tottenham £70 £38 (Cat A) | £26 (Cat C)

West Brom £49 £35 (Cat A) | £25 (Cat C)

West Ham United £53 £37 (Cat A) | £30 (Cat B)

</pre>

Now of course all those prices don't apply any more and some teams are in the championship, some may have cut their prices but the probability is most of them are charging similar and probably more expensive tickets two years on.

Whilst there are 5 London teams there, there are more teams that come from the north than there are from London charging similar prices to ours. London prices are even more expensive.

You can hardly say that Man Utd tickets are relatively over priced.

In a perfect world tickets would be cheaper - but in reality why wouldn't the Glazers maximize their revenue streams?

Football is a want, not a need. I'm obsessed by it but not too much to realise that fairly simple fact. If you hate Glazers/greed so much just don't go.

Guys guys guys I recognise the Glazers are AWFUL for your team - didn't you have the lowest net spending in the Premiership next season? And you still got morons in the media thinking they had won you the Premiership...oh dear.

My argument is just that raising ticket prices is clearly good for them (like you say to pay their debt) because you generate such a high demand for tickets, and so it should be expected.

when did this thread become filled with marketing execs btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to distance myself from go-go's argument btw.

All I was trying to say was that considering the state of the game in England right now, our ticket price rises can be considered as reasonable. Unfortunate I know but I reckon many fans at other clubs would be willing to trade places.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My argument is just that raising ticket prices is clearly good for them (like you say to pay their debt) because you generate such a high demand for tickets, and so it should be expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be equal measures, you should expect us to be ****ed off that the debt has to be paid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

ticket prices should be at £10 for kids, £20 for adults. Adult ST should cost £250, and no automatic cup scheme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And the FA should put a cap on prices but there run by a bunch of money men who pander to the chairmen who are there to make money

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

ticket prices should be at £10 for kids, £20 for adults. Adult ST should cost £250, and no automatic cup scheme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want prices like that, go watch stockport or another leage 2 team

sorted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My argument is just that raising ticket prices is clearly good for them (like you say to pay their debt) because you generate such a high demand for tickets, and so it should be expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be equal measures, you should expect us to be ****ed off that the debt has to be paid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can see why you're annoyed with rising ticket prices, but I can also see why the Glazer's are doing it, and no-one is forcing you to go.

The only time I have had a season ticket is at Hinckley which was about £45 icon_biggrin.gif - if/when I move to London and try and get Chelsea tickets I will probably be as bitter as you guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

ticket prices should be at £10 for kids, £20 for adults. Adult ST should cost £250, and no automatic cup scheme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And the FA should put a cap on prices but there run by a bunch of money men who pander to the chairmen who are there to make money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have revolutionary ideas for that aswell. However the money is too much of an influence now.

Anyway lets leave that discussion for another day, lets celebrate!

I love the way they always use the £25 seats as there lowest price despite the fact there are hardly any of them.

The majority are £33 or more iirc, which is the way it should be done. Perhaps an average based on num seats times price for each price band divided by total seats.

I bet our average would be £35 at least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Can see why you're annoyed with rising ticket prices, but I can also see why the Glazer's are doing it, and no-one is forcing you to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't go. stopped two years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I think rather too many of us made secret pacts with the footballing gods with regard to saturday and tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a pact so to say but I had said to many friends I would take defeat in the Cup final as long as Liverpool had lost.

Our season has been awesome anyway. League Champions, FA Cup runner up & CL semi-final going out to the winners.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I think rather too many of us made secret pacts with the footballing gods with regard to saturday and tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not religious but to those that are, fair play, good use of your pacts (not sure how many of them you get, probably depends on your religion).

talking of religions, there is a certain 41st birthday event tomorrow that i think we would all find quite religious.

I actually meant to do that exact scenario a or b thing last week and forgot icon_biggrin.gif

i'm not religious but to those that are, fair play, good use of your pacts (not sure how many of them you get, probably depends on your religion).

talking of religions, there is a certain 41st birthday event tomorrow that i think we would all find quite religious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's friday, and i'll only be 35 you cheeky git.

I'm not too much against swapping the results tbh but this is probably because I don't live in england so scouse winning wouldn't have the impact on me like it would on you if you know what I mean.

I would swap if O'Shea scored a backheel goal off the bar in 121st minute. being clearly offside of course

Nick had is pint tonight then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean "jad jis" pint.

Archived