The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

I was looking through some old "junk" before and came across some really cool stuff. My Dad's ECWC final ticket, the programme and ticket from my first United game and some random photos of euro aways my Dad has done.

Oh, and my "Beckham - King of all Cockneys" flag. icon_cool.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

WORLD

KLAAS

HUNTELAAR

Over 1000 goals in Pro Evo Master League makes him great shurely? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

His default stats are underated though icon_frown.gif.

Some people on the Spurs forums looked for clips of him but it was just like you lot say - clips of him shooting and scoring, nothing of him dribbling.

Rumours are that we've placed an official £14m bid so it's down to you lot now but he's made it clear his favoured destination is you lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

so fast, tricky, no end product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo 2 years ago?

I’m both surprised and pleased that we’re seemingly making an early and concerted effort to secure Nani.

I can only go off what I’ve seen of him whilst watching Goalissimo since the turn of the year but from the highlights they’ve shown he seems to have very good on the ball ability, can go past a man and seems to have a decent shot from range on him as well. His passing I can’t really comment on other than to say his short game seems fine, but then based on the stats the Sporting researcher has given him on FM and reading the odd random press report about him none of this will be a surprise for a player who is regarded as being really promising. Is he in the Portugal U21 squad for the Euro’s? Would be a good opportunity to gauge where he's at development wise if he is.

If we can get Hargreaves and Nani secured by the middle of June I’ll be very pleased with how proactive the club have been to build upon last season’s success, and if we can secure a top level striker who can replace Saha by the end of July it’ll be even better, and for me its Fernando Torres who should be pursued.

I think Torres' style would fit in well with us, he needs a move at this stage IMO, the likes of Eto'o will probably have a very prohibitive cost, & I can’t say from what I’ve seen that I think Huntelaar is ready to make the step to one of the big leagues. Another year as Ajax’s main striker and some CL experience next season if they qualify would probably do him more good than making a move this summer. Definite potential but as I understand it there was a long mid-season stretch where his form was heavily criticized and the goals dried up so some more time establishing himself and developing consistency at the level he’s already at will mark him down as a player ready to move on and excel elsewhere.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Tamper Ball Buccaneers won by 1 wkt.</pre>

well done boys icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good work captain.

Well done to the (very) old boys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail)

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Leighton Baines - Wigan (MEN)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun)

Running Total: 30

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Rcjuk -69

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

<STRIKE>EmmYouEffSee – 29

RedBlood – 26

qwerty2k – 17

Razor Eddie – 16

? – 15</STRIKE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was from yesterday's MEN

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

Think the main reason you are moving early on Nani is because Spurs are making noises about also wanting him.

Surely you can't afford OH, Nani AND Torres? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More of an ideal scenario for me personally really.

I don't expect the finances of the club to allow for £50mill or so to be spent on those 3 based on the figures that have been banded about but then I didn't really expect us to be in active negotiations for anyone other than Hargreaves at this stage of the summer & as I said above I think its really positive that there are clear indicators of significant investment being made in two of three positions we really need.

The other side is that if we do go for a striker, where are we going to get someone more reliable than Saha fitness wise who will contribute the same amount or more goals for a reasonable fee? Its pretty difficult given the players around in the market at the minute IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

Breaking news on SSN: We've agreed a fee to sign Anderson from Porto icon_eek.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Its ****ing brilliant if it isn't...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

surprise signings for the motherf**king win \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

surprise? Why?

He's on the list...we must just be going through it in alphabetical order.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

Breaking news on SSN: We've agreed a fee to sign Anderson from Porto icon_eek.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Its ****ing brilliant if it isn't... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

Think the main reason you are moving early on Nani is because Spurs are making noises about also wanting him.

Surely you can't afford OH, Nani AND Torres? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More of an ideal scenario for me personally really.

I don't expect the finances of the club to allow for £50mill or so to be spent on those 3 based on the figures that have been banded about but then I didn't really expect us to be in active negotiations for anyone other than Hargreaves at this stage of the summer & as I said above I think its really positive that there are clear indicators of significant investment being made in two of three positions we really need.

The other side is that if we do go for a striker, where are we going to get someone more reliable than Saha fitness wise who will contribute the same amount or more goals for a reasonable fee? Its pretty difficult given the players around in the market at the minute IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think if you do sign Nani then you'll want Defoe from us as he'll be your cheapest option for that position.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

supposed to be like next ronaldiniho icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

i thought we will get nani bucause gill and queiroz were at sporting lisbon today

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sonny Pike was the new Pele icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Its ****ing brilliant if it isn't... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote Mr. Burns...Excellent...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anderson - Porto (Daily Mail) - check

Alfonso Alves - Heerenveen (Mirror)

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Leighton Baines - Wigan (MEN)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Craig Gordon - Hearts (BBC)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times) - check

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Michael Kightly - Wolves (NOTW)

Aaron Lennon - Spurs (Mirror)

Jean Makoun - Lille (L'Equipe)

Florent Malouda - Lyon (Sky Sports)

Rio Mavuba - Bordeaux (Mirror)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian) - check

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Nathan Porritt - Middlesbrough (Times)

Nigel Reo-Coker - West Ham (Guardian)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

<STRIKE>Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)</STRIKE>

Ryan Taylor - Wigan (Manchester Evening News)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Mark Viduka - Middlesbrough (Super soaraway sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived