The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

Would Berbatov be the icing on the massive cake right now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossigol's coming back. Berbatov ain't needed.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, someone not liking the signing of Nani. Showing his dissaproval on Wikipedia. (What a site)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nani started his career at his local club Real de Massamá on the outskirts of Lisbon before joining Sporting Clube de Portugal youth system. He brokeGlazer is a ****. How much did he borrow from the bank? into Sporting's first team at 18 years of age, scoring 6 goals in his debut season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Tottingham Hotspur for the purchase and the registration of Dimitar Berbatov

Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and another icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahhaha nice try! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, someone not liking the signing of Nani. Showing his dissaproval on Wikipedia. (What a site) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone not liking glazer more like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, someone not liking the signing of Nani. Showing his dissaproval on Wikipedia. (What a site) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone not liking glazer more like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Anyone care to offer odds on Uncle Malc having another stroke once he hears what Gill's been doing with his money (or lack thereof)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icing on the cake icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Anyone care to offer odds on Uncle Malc having another stroke once he hears what Gill's been doing with his money (or lack thereof)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icing on the cake icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh god yeah

Lads, I dont think we're going to sign a foward. I think Fergie's going for the whole interchangable front line tactic, ala Ajax in the 70's.

Something like this

cm Scholes

CM Hargreaves/Carrick

AML Nani/Giggs

AMR Ronaldo

AMCAnderson

FW Rooney

If ye get my drift. And all interchangeable in attacks ofc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lads, I dont think we're going to sign a foward. I think Fergie's going for the whole interchangable front line tactic, ala Ajax in the 70's.

Something like this

cm Scholes

CM Hargreaves/Carrick

AML Nani/Giggs

AMR Ronaldo

AMCAnderson

FW Rooney

If ye get my drift. And all interchangeable in attacks ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney aint that great by himself

if they cant get torres etoo or berbatov they should get darren bent for 10m

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">get back to administration and near total destruction please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lads, I dont think we're going to sign a foward. I think Fergie's going for the whole interchangable front line tactic, ala Ajax in the 70's.

Something like this

cm Scholes

CM Hargreaves/Carrick

AML Nani/Giggs

AMR Ronaldo

AMCAnderson

FW Rooney

If ye get my drift. And all interchangeable in attacks ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney aint that great by himself

if they cant get torres etoo or berbatov they should get darren bent for 10m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, hopefully there is still a top class front man coming. Having Rooney as the main striker on his own sounds a bit iffy, especially if we get any injuries. There's plenty of goals in that attacking line though. Still hoping for a big name striker icon_cool.gif

Of course we'd like a big name striker, but right now I can't see it happening for two reasons.

1 - Just spent 30million quid/euroes on two promising attacking midfielders.

2 - Don't really need to now.

As it is players like Smudge, Ole and Rossi are going to struggle to get in the team. If we bought another striker we'd have to drop a midfielder out of Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Nani, Ronaldo, Giggs, Anderson.

Can't see that happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulsgruff:

Agreed, hopefully there is still a top class front man coming. Having Rooney as the main striker on his own sounds a bit iffy, especially if we get any injuries. There's plenty of goals in that attacking line though. Still hoping for a big name striker icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A big name striker would top everything off perfectly. Unless we give Rossi a real chance which means we would have a strikeforce of Saha / Rooney / Rossi.

I also don't think we'll be seeing much of Richardson next season icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by cooldude0007:

stupid red cafe

is it 17m euros or pounds

because dosent nani have a 13.5 millon release clause

andersons worth £17m

he did until he signed a new deal last week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he never signed a new contract

there was nothing about it on the sporting lisbon website

the story first came to tribal football(who write crap) and was copied word by word by the sky sports website

and why would he sign a new contract when hes been begging to come to us icon_confused.gif

icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also don't think we'll be seeing much of Richardson next season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully he'll be too embarrassed by his cousin to turn up for training next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredthered:

I also don't think we'll be seeing much of Richardson next season icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot about that fact! Bye bye Richardson, might aswell join your sister or whatever she is in the BB house.

Although I feel a bit sorry for Fletch, put in some decent performances and shown great commitment. Chances for him next season will be limited.

Utd will play a positional change pacy attack.

Anderson is a playmaker, a fast one too, if given the chance and if he can take on the physical side of British football he will quickly overtake scholes for the AMC role, but paul will probably just go into the middle along side carrick/hargreaves.

Nani i expect will pan out a little like cronaldo did...first season will come on from the bench and will be buffed up physically..and will be at his best for his 2nd season.

If you guys can hold on to Ronaldo at this pace you'll soon be unstoppable in attack.

Your attack will be so so fast next season icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

SO happy. icon_biggrin.gif

We'll be able to check Anderson out properly next month in the Copa America, won't we? Will he play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully he'll play saturday against ingerland

Went on my break in work to hear the news presenter say "Ryan Giggs has called it a day..... on his international career". Now obviously I wasn't too distraught at the pause icon_biggrin.gif

Then I come home, turn on the tv & am greeted by this blatant windup that we have signed Nani & Anderson.

Guess Uncle Malc won't be getting any medication in the next couple of months icon_frown.gif

All we are going to hear about now is how great the Glazers are & how they are taking the club forward though. People ignoring the ridiculous debt they have put onto the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When were the thred awards btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orion318:

Utd will play a positional change pacy attack.

Anderson is a playmaker, a fast one too, if given the chance and if he can take on the physical side of British football he will quickly overtake scholes for the AMC role, but paul will probably just go into the middle along side carrick/hargreaves.

Nani i expect will pan out a little like cronaldo did...first season will come on from the bench and will be buffed up physically..and will be at his best for his 2nd season.

If you guys can hold on to Ronaldo at this pace you'll soon be unstoppable in attack.

Your attack will be so so fast next season icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a link to a thread/article where someone was analysing Uniteds formation and after recent transfer happenings it looks as though we'll employ those same tactics.

Anyone got the link?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

We'll be able to check Anderson out properly next month in the Copa America, won't we? Will he play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully he'll play saturday against ingerland </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I forgot about that, lets hope he rips England apart.

Cannot wait for next season!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You carry on insulting Giggs and you're banned from the wall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love how you think you are head of the wall. I will be assuming your position if that's the case for non-payment icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the reverse flip-flap (or whatever it actually is) at the start of this clip. Can't wait to see an all out attacking Brazilian in a Man Utd shirt. Hopefully Anderson will make up for missing out on Ronaldinho when he went to Barcelona.

Richardson might still have his uses - maybe as injury backup for the guy in the Fred The Red suit icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When were the thred awards btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't suppose you bumped into vicky in the past couple of days nick? (and, how was it?)

hopefully he'll play saturday against ingerland </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think Anderson is in the squad to play against england, but i think he is set to play against venezuela next month

Archived