The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love the reverse flip-flap (or whatever it actually is) at the start of this clip. Can't wait to see an all out attacking Brazilian in a Man Utd shirt. Hopefully Anderson will make up for missing out on Ronaldinho when he went to Barcelona.

Richardson might still have his uses - maybe as injury backup for the guy in the Fred The Red suit icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the signing of Ronaldo made up for the failed attempt to sign Ronaldinho.

Anderson looks awesome. I think he's more direct than Ronaldo and probably quicker, offers something slightly different.

How many more days till the Charity Shield?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

When were the thred awards btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't suppose you bumped into vicky in the past couple of days nick? (and, how was it?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i haven't (at least not that i realised), we're in the training centre which is 20 mins walk away from the main building. it's been alright, the actual training and job stuff has been fine. few difficulties with contractual stuff and particularly the commuting though - costing me £7 a day at the minute which is a bit of a joke. takes ages as well. my recruitment consultant has a couple of other irons in the fire so i'm considering my options atm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i haven't (at least not that i realised), we're in the training centre which is 20 mins walk away from the main building. it's been alright, the actual training and job stuff has been fine. few difficulties with contractual stuff and particularly the commuting though - costing me £7 a day at the minute which is a bit of a joke. takes ages as well. my recruitment consultant has a couple of other irons in the fire so i'm considering my options atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah can understand the commute is a pain. would be alright if you drove, would only take 20-30 minutes.

is £7 for train and tram for the day?

bus and tram. got the train on monday, there's one direct train from salford crescent to navi road which gets in at 8.44 and as i found out, it takes longer than 16 minutes to walk from the station to the training centre /O\ no return journey possible with that as well so it's not really an option anyway.

so got the bus into town and then the met today. if the job paid more and was something i was genuinely interested in (rather than something that looks ok but isn't really what i wanted to do, and pays relative peanuts) i'd put up with the hassle definitely. few other things have p*ssed me off as well though - salary isn't as much as i was told it would be, i was misled by the recruitment guy about weekend working (when it's compulsory/optional etc) and there's no pay review until november '08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

bus and tram. got the train on monday, there's one direct train from salford crescent to navi road which gets in at 8.44 and as i found out, it takes longer than 16 minutes to walk from the station to the training centre /O\ no return journey possible with that as well so it's not really an option anyway.

so got the bus into town and then the met today. if the job paid more and was something i was genuinely interested in (rather than something that looks ok but isn't really what i wanted to do, and pays relative peanuts) i'd put up with the hassle definitely. few other things have p*ssed me off as well though - salary isn't as much as i was told it would be, i was misled by the recruitment guy about weekend working (when it's compulsory/optional etc) and there's no pay review until november '08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will be worse when the trams go off as well. well worth looking around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">about rooney coming from deep towards nani </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think's he's been deep enough with nani's before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

so got the bus into town and then the met today. if the job paid more and was something i was genuinely interested in (rather than something that looks ok but isn't really what i wanted to do, and pays relative peanuts) i'd put up with the hassle definitely. few other things have p*ssed me off as well though - salary isn't as much as i was told it would be, i was misled by the recruitment guy about weekend working (when it's compulsory/optional etc) and there's no pay review until november '08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will be worse when the trams go off as well. well worth looking around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, that's the key thing really. going to discuss it with them tomorrow anyway, no point going through all the training and then jacking it in (even if it would be easy money for a month) so it needs resolving this week really.

Quite bizarre day. Still worried about a potential sale to fund all this, although i think that's no more than my paranoia, and about still having no-one you'd call a striker. Only know what i've heard (mostly on here) about these two guys, but if they're half what they're cracked up to be, should be great.

My other worry is whoever said "congrats on the title". That seems to always result in a disappointing season when its used because of signings, e.g with Shevchenko and Ballack last summer, when we bought Veron etc.

I've been getting nagged at for all the United junk I own which have been cluttering the house. So I have just thrown out a heap of redissues, red news', United magazines, tickets and programmes, so very painful. icon_frown.gif

I may have to flog some yearbooks on eBay too. icon13.gif

my mate text me about the anderson signing and i didnt believe him as hes a dirty blue. so excited about him, if he settles well (and i would hope having half of the portuguese speaking world in our ranks will help) i get the feeling he could be such a talent.

still seen next to nothing of nani but ill take everyone elses word for the fact hes better than giggs. the pace of our attack next season icon_biggrin.gif goals from EVERYWHERE.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

blatantly selling Ronaldo to Chelsea to finance it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Covers eyes*

its interesting getting all this done so early though.

maybe being optimistic but looks like we're leaving plenty of time for one more to come in (up front ofc) icon_cool.gif

or maybe just plenty of time to pay for all these signings by flogging half the squad off.

We must not overlook the most binding thing about this whole ordeal.....Richardson can be shown the door....for fack all!

How **** do you feel to be him tonight?! Cousin gets booed the ***** out of on Big Bro...and you lose your place...TWICE in the side lol.

Absolute **** is Richardson...mon a bid of fack all from Robbo....the future's bright!

Actually, I'm SURE we'll sign a striker. Think about it, Fergie, Martin, etc al were at Ajax/AZ at the weekend checking Hunty out. Why would they bother when they surely knew they had Nani and Anderson in the bag?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Wonder if Park will get any more games icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

definitely will. JSP icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Richardson's cousin is on BB? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, she rekons she's an 'IT' girl....the crowd were singin 'GET HER OUR' as she walked in...fantastic!

Richardson hate in the crowd was there i'm sure icon_biggrin.gif

Archived