The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

as I said, his performance in the final was complete ********. But that shouldn't disguise the fact that for some reason, his corner taking has been utter **** for ages now.

But still, whilst he may be responsible for losing the ball a lot of the time he has also been responsible for a lot of our creative play. Someone posted the MEN player ratings and they gave him a 7. I think a 7-8 would definitly be a fair assesment of his season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep 7.5 seems about spot on for me icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

as I said, his performance in the final was complete ********. But that shouldn't disguise the fact that for some reason, his corner taking has been utter **** for ages now.

But still, whilst he may be responsible for losing the ball a lot of the time he has also been responsible for a lot of our creative play. Someone posted the MEN player ratings and they gave him a 7. I think a 7-8 would definitly be a fair assesment of his season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As an overall season, yes. Recently though, he has been poor. Pitty Park was injured otherwise it would have been interesting to see if he would have lost his place...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smirky:

As an overall season, yes. Recently though, he has been poor. Pitty Park was injured otherwise it would have been interesting to see if he would have lost his place... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats fair enough, I would hardly say he was great in the last month or two.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

The fear it could all fall over will still be there until they're at a press conference eith their shirts on, but a good day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically what Bling said earlier.

First comments from Anderson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

WONDERKID Anderson is already looking forward to lining up alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

Manchester United's latest signing has described his switch to Old Trafford as a "dream the size of the world".

Anderson, 19, said: "I cannot wait to play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a great player, as well as Wayne Rooney and many more.

"I could not imagine I would ever get to work with a manager like Sir Alex Ferguson but it has happened.

"What can I say? It is a dream the size of the world."

The ex-Gremio and Porto star also revealed that he has always wanted to play for Premiership champions United.

Anderson added: "Gremio was my first club and then I moved to Porto.

"Both teams have a great place in my heart, for which I have the biggest affection.

"They were very important in my life and professional growth.

"But ever since I was a boy, I always wanted to play for Manchester United and now that dream has come true. I am very happy."

Despite signing for a bumper fee, Anderson is keen to prove his worth.

The £17million man said: "When I arrive in Manchester I will carry on working just as hard as I have at Porto, if not even more.

"I want to make my dreams a reality and I am prepared to do anything to realise them.

"There is so much motivation for me there." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite sure he actually has always wanted to play for us, maybe just for a club the size of us but still icon_cool.gif

Guys, as some of you know I'm a Sporting Lisbon fan, so I watched Nani play al season. (as well as Anderson)

Nani is a tricky one, is has huge potential, but I feel he is still very undisciplined in all leveles of the game, but he does have that Sporting touch to him. (Figo, Ronaldo, Quaresma, etc..)

As for Anderson, what a signining!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedro Monteiro:

Guys, as some of you know I'm a Sporting Lisbon fan, so I watched Nani play al season. (as well as Anderson)

Nani is a tricky one, is has huge potential, but I feel he is still very undisciplined in all leveles of the game, but he does have that Sporting touch to him. (Figo, Ronaldo, Quaresma, etc..)

As for Anderson, what a signining!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you say though that ronaldo was pretty similar to nani in the fact that he was a little undisciplined in certain areas when he firt arrived(like too many step overs), but as he has matured he has grown out of that and showed his true potential

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

This is all fb, but i still worry for Rossi. Not sure how he's going to fit in now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi does look a fair bit down the pecking order now icon_frown.gif Who knows though, he's a quality backup player if we keep hold of him. If he is desperate to be playing regular first team football week in week out though I can see him at least being sent out on loan again for all of next season, if not moving on, which is a shame, hes got bags of ability.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedro Monteiro:

As for Anderson, what a signining!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So he's good then? icon_biggrin.gif

Care to tell us why? I've never seen him play other than the Youtube links that have been posted all around today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Air Force Ones:

Don't expect too much from Anderson. South Americans tend to find it diffcult to adapt to the English way for life.

*Cough Kleberson* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems there have been far too few South Americans that have plied their trade in England to make such a sweeping statement. He's only 19, so he can still adapt and the presence of Scholes means he can be eased into the English game.

Tibbs22, it's hard to day because I think Ronaldo had more time to mature in Sporting's senior squad. They are very similar players, but I would say Nani tends to fall more to the center of the field. Nani also doesn't have the Passion Ronaldo on the field, but he still does amazing things, and has very good flair. He is a great player though, just not a finished product.

AllStar4, Anderson is just fantastic in every possible way. Very versatile, intelligent, great footwork, I mean the kid has everything. Very similar to Deco in many ways, but maybe faster and more exciting to watch. Porto without him in the team looked like crap.

Still so giddy. Decided that even though I clearly can't afford it, I'm gonna get nice and drunk to celebrate Gill finding his chequebook and losing his mind.

I haven't seen anything except YouTube of Nani, but everyone's opinion seems to be that he's fb. Anderson, otoh, I've seen nufty times in Champions League games and the like, and I think he's ****en amazy, to the extent that I nominated him for one of my 3 signings in the end of season awards (wasted vote or Mystic Meg; Idunno.)

As for Giggs; the Citeh game at Eastlands summed up his current situation for me. For the first 30 minutes he was probing, moving around, his flicks were coming off and he was a real force and a genuine outlet. Then he started to fade, before becoming dog tired and, as a result, frustrated. The more annoyed he got, the more he tried to create something out of nothing, invariably ending with nothing again.

Try bringing the same Giggs on 30 mins from the end when we need a goal to nick a win or salvage a point, with fresh legs - he's nowhere near as fast as he was but still pacy, not least for a 33 year old - and his intelligence and experience against defenders who've been chasing Wazza, Ronnie, Nani, Park, Anderson, Rossi and all their shadows around for an hour, and I reckon he can have a real impact. Even if we get back to the 'Fortune rotation' that he supposedly requested a few years back, where he'd start one game in three (our Quint starting the others) and play cameos when he felt up to it/when it was necessary, I still think he has a lot to offer, and I've been one of his harshest critics this season.

Mon Robbo with the £3m bid the wise old press say you're preparing for our Kier. You owe us for convincing him and Koosh were good in the first place FFS.

1st team:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Van Der Sar

Kuszczak

Foster

Ferdinand

Vidic

Pique

Brown

O’shea

Silvestre

Neville

Evra

Heinze

Scholes

Carrick

Hargreaves

Giggs

Fletcher

Anderson

Ronaldo

Nani

Park

Richardson

Saha

Rooney

Smith

Solskjaer

Rossi

</pre>

The edge of the 1st team/reserves:

Cathcart

Evans

Simpson

Gibson

Martin

Eagles

Dong

</pre>

Who leaves?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"But ever since I was a boy, I always wanted to play for Manchester United and now that dream has come true. I am very happy." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't take the quote above seriously if I were a Man Utd fan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RSB:

Oh yeah, and how come everyone's ommitting the mighty Dong from their squads?! For shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pff, Uncle Malc clearly knows nothing of Ninja Dave's shenanigans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

1st team:

Van Der Sar

Kuszczak

Foster

Ferdinand

Vidic

Pique

Brown

O’shea

Silvestre

Neville

Evra

Heinze

Scholes

Carrick

Hargreaves

Giggs

Fletcher

Anderson

Ronaldo

Nani

Park

Richardson

Saha

Rooney

Smith

Solskjaer

Rossi

</pre>

The edge of the 1st team/reserves:

Cathcart

Evans

Simpson

Gibson

Martin

Eagles

Dong

</pre>

Who leaves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heinze, apparently. Shame, but understandable.

I'd be happy with a slimming down involving Silvestre, Richardson and Martin also being shown the door. Eagles too prolly, unfortunately. But considering he's older than both our new boys, I reckon his first United goal against Everton may well also be his last. Beyond that, Simpson and Gibson won't hurt from another year out on loan, likewise Cathcart, while Pique, Wesley, Sheasy, Fletch, Giggs, Anderson, Nani, Ji, Smudge, Ole, Beppe, Evans and the Dong won't be gagging for first team football week in, week out and will provide awesome cover/rotation and get opportunities aplenty in the cups one would hope. The age / talent ratio seems to be absolutley perfect in terms of serving the needs of the players for competetive football and encouraging the young 'uns talent in preparation of them taking over from the codgers full time.

Loverly stuff.

Just got in from working a 12 hour shift that started at 6pm last night. When i left for work nothing was in the news.

To come home to see we have signed two of the best young midfielders in europe just so good. Not only suprise signings but to be wrapped up so quickly, this just isnt like Man Utd.

Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson just what we needed and completes a great midfield.

I'm back at work for another 12 hour shift that starts at 6 tonight but how am i meant to sleep now? I'm just as giddy as they come. The ear to ear smile will last until the season starts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Will Anderson get a work permit? Or does he have a second nationality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>should get one under that 'special talent' rule I'd think, the same way Mikel got his.

He's already got a few caps (3?) and I vaguely remember something about players under 20 getting more leeway on the 75% rule if they've already been capped.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Will Anderson? Think we're keeping him on Triple M for a year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're turning out more goon-lite than Bling-lite. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Bling-lite? I've never been called that.

Off to get your head checked, markgoodguy-lite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been called rcjuk-lite, and he's been called bling-lite, so i was just cutting out the middle man.

don't quite see how they draw the conclusion he's out for ages, but not ideal anyway...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ben Foster's first season at Old Trafford could be over before it has even begun after the goalkeeper was forced to undergo knee surgery.

There has been widespread speculation that Foster would be handed the number-one shirt by Sir Alex Ferguson after a series of mistakes from Edwin van der Sar this season, but injury may now save Ferguson from having to make the decision.

Foster withdrew from the England 'B' squad that faced Albania after suffering a recurrence of pain that had troubled him in recent months and that prevented him from fully extending his right knee.

He underwent keyhole surgery at Manchester's Alexandra Hospital to 'clean out' the knee, but must now decide whether to undergo further surgery to fully correct the problem. That could see him ruled out for several months of the next campaign.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ligament damage is what puts you out long-term and they don't mention that at all, all he's had is an arthroscope.

well, if there is a serious problem I'd rather it's sorted out now. VdS number one TK cover, with Foster coming in as 1 or 2 depending on form or fitness.

Rather that, than him starting as number one and then having to have time off.

ahahaha, went out for beers last night come back and see the brazil squad in england on ssn. presenter goes 'manchester united fans will be able to see anderson in the copa america.' was thinking wtf is she on about?

eventually saw the news like 40 minutes later, nani and anderson ffs!

so sudden, just the way it should be.

just hope nothing goes wrong with the medicals etc, and they dont turn out in united shirts at the press conference only to do a mikel.

football so fffffb

MON THE NEW SEASON icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Anderson insists his dreams have come true after Manchester United struck a deal with Porto for his services.

The 19-year-old Brazilian will join United subject to medicals and a work-permit - and although he does not qualify automatically for a permit under UK rules, he is almost certain to gain the required permissions on appeal.

Anderson has long been tracked by Chelsea - who have been watching him closely for over two years, but United have swooped to secure his signature along with Nani of Sporting Lisbon.

Both players are rated amongst the best in the world for their ages and Anderson admits he cannot wait to link-up with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

"Manchester is the club of my dreams," stated Anderson to Gestifute.

"Gremio was my first club, but soon I followed to Porto but it still has a big place in my heart, it is a club which is very important in my life - but the fact is I have dreamed of playing for Manchester and now that is realised."

Anderson is arriving in a deal worth more than £15 million, but he insists he does not want to think about a fee - only about his future at Old Trafford.

"I know my value, in Manchester I will carry on the work that have developed with Porto, but I want to get better and realise my dreams," he said.

"I am prepared for everything - my motivation is great and the fact you can be in the same team as a great player as Cristiano Ronaldo as well as Rooney and many others, and to be trained by Alex Ferguson is just something that you could only imagine - but now I will realise this.

"What can I say, this is the biggest dream in the world!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Code icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Anderson insists his dreams have come true after Manchester United struck a deal with Porto for his services.

The 19-year-old Brazilian will join United subject to medicals and a work-permit - and although he does not qualify automatically for a permit under UK rules, he is almost certain to gain the required permissions on appeal.

Anderson has long been tracked by Chelsea - who have been watching him closely for over two years, but United have swooped to secure his signature along with Nani of Sporting Lisbon.

Both players are rated amongst the best in the world for their ages and Anderson admits he cannot wait to link-up with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

"Manchester is the club of my dreams," stated Anderson to Gestifute.

"Gremio was my first club, but soon I followed to Porto but it still has a big place in my heart, it is a club which is very important in my life - but the fact is I have dreamed of playing for Manchester and now that is realised."

Anderson is arriving in a deal worth more than £15 million, but he insists he does not want to think about a fee - only about his future at Old Trafford.

"I know my value, in Manchester I will carry on the work that have developed with Porto, but I want to get better and realise my dreams," he said.

"I am prepared for everything - my motivation is great and the fact you can be in the same team as a great player as Cristiano Ronaldo as well as Rooney and many others, and to be trained by Alex Ferguson is just something that you could only imagine - but now I will realise this.

"What can I say, this is the biggest dream in the world!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

yep, those glazers sure are killing united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh come on now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on then, what weak glazier beef is it this week?

woke up this morning to the news, and was gobsmacked!

Just a little worried that while on the 1 hand we now have an incredibly pacy attack...

- probably no striker now coming to OT icon_frown.gif

- Nani will take 3 years to be any good like Ronny and Anderson to be the next Kleberson

But, what the hell, the thought of that attack makes me drool like a Hannibal Lector in a buthcers icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived