The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Ronaldo not nominated for YPOTY icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

criteria was deliberately set so he couldn't be nominated and it would be vaguely competitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This competition was rigged from the start. Good thing i didn't vote icon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

criteria was deliberately set so he couldn't be nominated and it would be vaguely competitive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This competition was rigged from the start. Good thing i didn't vote icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHATEVER

special mention to Darren Fletcher in fourth, competition was tough for this one.

third, pretty much the only time he's not won an award this past month, old twinkletoes himself, Cristiano Ronaldo

second, although you wouldn't try to stop him running off with the trophy, it's Nemanja Vidic

and your winner, from 2006's Worst Signing to 2007's Most Improved Player, according to foobR there's still no chance we're signing him, it's little Paddy Evra

i checked that post about ten times

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

This competition was rigged from the start. Good thing i didn't vote icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't rigged. The Manchester United researcher just got Rooney's age wrong.

He's going to be a sweeper/left back in FM2008 icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Gill: Spending may now stop

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has confirmed the club have done the majority of their summer spending in the past 24 hours.

The Premiership champions announced deals to sign youngsters Anderson and Nani on Wednesday evening before completing the capture of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich on Thursday.

Although United are sure to be linked with further summer signings, Gill insists that more arrivals at Old Trafford are unlikely, having already paid out in the region of £50million for the midfield trio.

"We will see what happens over the next two or three months but by and large that will be the major element of our business," Gill told MUTV.

"If a player comes up that Sir Alex (Ferguson) is convinced will make us better, I am sure we will find the funds but that is a major bit of business we have done this week."

Meanwhile, assistant manager Carlos Queiroz believes Nani and Anderson can link up with Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney to form an unstoppable attacking force for years to come.

Both players still need to undergo medicals with The Red Devils, but Sky Sports News understands Anderson (pictured) is on his way to England to complete his switch.

"It is really worth stopping to imagine what an attack formed by Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson could do," Queiroz said.

"They are players who blend creativity and magic into football.

"It really is wonderful to be able to mould and enhance their capabilities.

"I have always worked with players in this formative process and this is a significant investment in Manchester United prospects for the next 10 years." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sauce, baby.

Might be a bit skint for Torres now (and Daniel Alves :[)

much better \O/

right, onto some negative awards. next up is the highly-coveted and oh-so-competitive Liam Miller Award for Worst Player:

les nominées sont:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kieran Richardson

Mikael Silvestre

that bird off Big Brother

no-one deserving </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this one needs a drum-roll

Just to make you feel better, these awards aren't as shambles as my Venus review is, which i wrote it remembering barely nothing from the movie apart from the words "It's great, the actors are superb, the music is fitting". That doesn't really go well in what should be a professionally written review icon_wink.gif

sharing second place are nobody and that bird off big brother. how apt. poor Mickey So Fine also joins them in the shadow of a near unanimous winner.

your winner needs no introduction, and as such won't get one. congratulations Kieran Richardson, quite possibly the only award you will ever win, SAVOUR it.

Can we have a vote to rename the award in Richardson's honour?

I mean every once in a while someone comes along who is such a one of a kind that you just know their performance in a season will never be topped. Sorry Liam Miller but Richardson deserves this one.

in a similar but less homohair-biased way, it's Most Disappointing Player:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kieran Richardson

Ryan Giggs

Gaby Heinze

Louis Saha

Wesley Brown

Darren Fletcher

Tomasz Kuszczak

Mikael Silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I mean every once in a while someone comes along who is such a one of a kind that you just know their performance in a season will never be topped. Sorry Liam Miller but Richardson deserves this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second this notion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I mean every once in a while someone comes along who is such a one of a kind that you just know their performance in a season will never be topped. Sorry Liam Miller but Richardson deserves this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no vote required, motion already passed

technically Richardson wasn't disappointing. He fulfilled all my expectations of him this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly why I didnt vote for him , expected him to be utter turd and he was.

technically Richardson wasn't disappointing. He fulfilled all my expectations of him this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

exactly why I didnt vote for him , expected him to be utter turd and he was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although it would be hilarious if he went from worst player one season to most disappointing the next icon_biggrin.gif Would just sum up how much more shitter he is.

remarkably, Ryan Giggs picks up third even with his arch-critic too busy playing with dwarves and goblins to bother voting. hopefully Giggo will put this behind him next season with an increasingly cameo-esque role.

second place goes to the man single-handedly responsible for keeping the physio table industry thriving. from the sublime to the ridiculous this season, it's Louis Saha

and it's with the heaviest of hearts i have to announce the winner. awesome in 04/05, missing through injury last year and no real pre-season to speak of, it was always going to be a struggle for Gabriel Heinze not to fall below his own high standards. still clearly awesome though, ARGENTINA etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

KR is amazing in FM. The resaearcher must love him or something? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've already decimated his stats ffs. it's like he has some kind of invincibility, like when you get the star on mario kart. the bastard.

onto what seems like a somewhat churlish award this season - Worst Team Performance:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Portsmouth 2 United 1

West Ham 1 United 0

Liverpool 0 United 1

Milan 3 United 0

Chelsea 1 United 0

Southend 1 United 0

Copenhagen 1 United 0

United 0 Arsenal 1

'losing to Crewe'

United 1 Boro 1

Reading 2 United 3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

How on earth is Saha there yet Silvestre has escaped with no mention of his usually terrible performances? I mean Saha's early season form was excellent and if it wasn't for him we wouldnt have been able to kick on come January. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Because people expect Silvestre to **** up

How on earth is Saha there yet Silvestre has escaped with no mention of his usually terrible performances? I mean Saha's early season form was excellent and if it wasn't for him we wouldnt have been able to kick on come January. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did we really expect anything more from Mickey though? disappointing = below par, below what they're capable of. Mickey was just, well, Mickey

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

KR is amazing in FM. The resaearcher must love him or something? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've already decimated his stats ffs. it's like he has some kind of invincibility, like when you get the star on mario kart. the bastard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite Billy Crystal but still icon_biggrin.gif that icon14.gif

in a three-way tie for third place are three terrifically dire away showings:

West Ham 1 United 0

Southend 1 United 0

Portsmouth 2 United 1

just ahead of those in second comes the massively disappointing cup final defeat - Chelsea 1 United 0

we do have a fairly comprehensive winner - all mitigating circumstances considered, the 3-0 defeat in Milan showed that we still had a lot to learn in Europe.

true, I suppouse just don't exactly think Louis had a 'dissapointing' season really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not as a whole perhaps, but i guess it's 'most disappointing player', not 'player who had the most disappointing season'. he didn't get any votes in worst player (although tbf Ade Akinbiyi would have struggled to).

Archived