The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

somebody rates the liverpool/Man Utd rivalry on the same level as boca/river and celtic/rangers?

icon_biggrin.gif

That man really is sad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut it Carter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

siege mentality ifb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the time has come for us to fully return to this mentality.

Another astounding against-all-the-odds Premiership triumph on it's way icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

ssn saying that gattuso hasnt hiden his desire to play for a big team in england towards the end of his carreer. Man Utd being the club mentioned specifically and this is the best chance of him going there if Milan get relegated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I look forward to the Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea games when you don't get one icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would ask you but when it comes to the big games you choke just like henry icon_frown.gif

I will be asking you to get me a Fulham one at this rate seeing as my membership hasn't come through & the site is refusing to let me login.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rooney's caps and trophy stolen

Football memorabilia belonging to England star Wayne Rooney has been stolen in a burglary at his parents' home in Liverpool.

England caps, a World Cup 2006 shirt and his BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year Trophy were taken.

Merseyside Police said the items were taken from the house in Sandfield Park, West Derby, on Saturday night.

The public have been asked to contact police if they are offered the items in the pub or over the internet.

The Man Utd forward won the BBC trophy in 2002 while he was still an Everton player.

Among the other items stolen were some jewellery and a shirt from the FA Cup Final.

A police spokeswoman described the stolen items as "very distinctive". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Club can announce that it is has agreed a deal with Manchester United for the transfer of Michael Carrick, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Commenting on the proposed move, Martin Jol said, "This is a move that Michael wants to make. We have given him every reason to stay, but he has asked to be allowed to leave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Oh just die from old age would you mark icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand your anger. It's bad enough to be slow, but to be slower than someone my age? That must hurt icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

We're talking about buying a backup goalie, and not even one to challenge for the 1st team spot. Under what circumstances would it not be 'meh'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only if it was 'who?' in the style of van der gouw

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

oh and its so nice to see the legend of Vieira living on in a United thread :**) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The least we could do after he gaaaave Giggsy the balll :***) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about when Vieira scored the winning pen? :******)

Or the goal in 1997?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I'm the only proper manc in here. Born in Manchester, live in Manchester. Flaming glory hunters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*coughs*

Born in manchester, live in manchester. And that's stretford actually in manchester, not stockport somewhere nearby icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Muse are ****ing ****. Now stop talking about them in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely what young Jonny said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Looking at that again we look so completely lost at sea when the ball comes in.

The ball was damn-near perfect for Henry but if it had dropped a bit deeper for Baptista we'd have been just as screwed.

I understand why people are saying Vidic but he's got Adebayor to deal with, Gary is miles away from van Persie if it hits the back post, Rooney and Carrick (I think its him) have left Baptista on his own if it goes deep as I state above, and Henry is there, ghosting in behind Rio because he's positioned himself much too far away from him in anticipation of a near post cross that never came. Too much attention paid to whats in front of him and not enough behind. He's with him at the edge of the 18 yrd box but then he steps forward and leaves Vidic overloaded.

I'm not saying that the cross didn't make it, but the way it was delivered capitalised on the poor positioning of our team as it came in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all very well, except i think i've seen where the argument has come on who's fault it is. You seem to have made the mistake that most people blaming Rio have made, which is getting the two players mixed up. Vidic misses the header, and Rio is left in the middle with both Adebayor and Henry.

only thing I hate about the fa cup is the underdog stuff, the papers doing this sort of thing

Wayne Rooney V Joe Bloggs

Wage 50,000 35p

car ferrari ford fiesta

house mansion a tent

every ****ing year, really ****es me off

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out its the 49th anniversery of the Munich air disaster, I know I baited you lads with it in the Liverpool v Mancs thread this year but I'm honestly hugely apologetic for that. Didn't mean what I said. Anyway RIP the Busby Babes and hope you lads take my apology even if its not wanted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eastwood:

People claiming a draw against an average French team would be a good result? How times change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

theyre 3rd iirc. hardly average </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they're in crap form and without their best player, to not win would be ****

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived