The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just went online to renew my one united membership & it wouldn't accept my card details icon_mad.gif

I guess I can renew at the ticket office? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They arrogantly renewed my membership icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Without you asking? icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

They just read my letter out on SSN \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The i'd rather Fergie and Ronaldo left as we are now screwed without Ruud? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah the next one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

fair enough but when he is back our midfield will consist of any of the following: Ronaldo (who Fergie WILL NOT sell), Scholes, Park ji-Sung, Richardson, Giggs, O'shea (if desperate), Smith, Fletcher (as back up) and who ever he signs (gattuso maybe) so is it that dire?

Actually looking at that list.... yeah it is! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not dire, but not MUQ, unless gattuso is signed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed - with the current squad we are a 4th place team. I think we are still better than Tottenham but the other big 3 have made good signings and will be better than us as we are at the moment I think.

IT DOESN'T MATTER AS WE CLEARLY WON'T GET HIM ON ACCOUNT OF HIM BEING GOOD icon_mad.gif

It just doesn't fit in with the club's transfer policy I'm afraid.

I swear to God, if we don't sign a single midfielder I'll, I'll... sell my shares! Damn, no, OK, I'll... boycott everything United related! Ah bollox.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

That's weird. I was just thinking who we could get instead, and i was thinking of Wright. Is Nigel Martyn still playing this season? If so, he'd be third choice there, so he might be able to come on loan as backup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nigel Martyn has retired icon_biggrin.gif

Gordon Banks, Ron Springett, Fatty Foulkes???

That's just a cry for attention tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I want to put my hands on my ears, stamp my feet and shout 'SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP' at the top of my voice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do it.

Did you get your PC sorted in the end by the way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd put it on Youtube so the rest of us can feel your pain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

YAS! I like the "one or TWO" comment"

Strange how we're being heavily linked with both Senna and Maschareno at the same time?

Imagine if we signed them both, in a "weak midfield now eh angryfire.gif" kind of way??? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our wings woudl still be a bit weak for me, maybe not the first XI but depthwise. I seem to think that more than others though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, if we are getting two then I'd get another mid and then a winger. We dont need two more centre mids.

Perhaps Kalenichenko is the other one? Although if he came he'd be a squad player for me.

And whatever happened to the Kerlon link?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Never been to the wall though eh, bastard.

Oh so it's my fault Rich? Maybe get to a lesser game next time, glory hunting jackass </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not going again for aaaaaaaaaaaagggges now so :p

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

We never would have gone to pens if the useless **** never resorted to thuggery. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come off it Dom, you know it was never a red. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You what? icon_biggrin.gif The stamp + the push should have been a red + a yellow, he got off lightly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

i may be coming to fulham if my ST arrives

And yes i will be seeing snakes on a plane with wearing my t-shirt and cap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you aint get a lift there boyo bad enough taking jonny home last week ffs icon_razz.gif

besides car willb e full

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The split between Bayern Munich and Manchester United target Owen Hargreaves shows no sign of being reconciled after claims of a stinging rebuke from chief executive Uli Hoeness.

Hargreaves has reportedly been fined £18,000 by the Allianz Arena outfit for comments regarding a potential move to the Premiership giants

The England international has now taken time out from training, with a major question mark hanging over the player's future.

And hopes that Bayern may be able to reconcile his future in order to remain at the club looked in doubt after Hoeness's public criticism at the club's training ground.

"I am incredibly disappointed in you," Hoeness is quoted in the German media.

"You are prostituting yourself for Manchester United."

Bayern are adamant the player will see out the remaining four years of his contract with the club, and have even threatened to report United to Fifa if they do not call a halt to their pursuit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

i'm not DeVito icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 'cos you're too tall.

And he's better looking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? I'm beautiful icon_cool.gif

anyway, email.

Beatty, email s'il vous plait

Something to cheer everyone up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Christiano Ronaldo is having a medical at Melwood, the home of Liverpool Football Club, as we speak..... Manchester United have accepted a £12m pound bid from the Merseyside Club, with Salif Diao and Peter Crouch moving in part exchange. I got this information from a source close to Rafael Benitez, who I trust 100% </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

They both started. Neither O'Shea or Richardson would play in their positions primarily if either of them were to get injured.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good heavens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

The Ole one was blasphemy, and I still think inaccurate even without the misinterpretations (icon_mad.gif)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

re: Carrick - basically what Jimlad said. I do wish people would stop saying 'he can't do what Keane did', 'he'll never be another Scholes' - those two are/were two of the best players of their generation, with Keane being the best in his position in the last 10-15 years and Scholes being arguably top 3 in Europe in his over the same period. As Fergie has said, you can't just go out and buy like for like replacements for that class of player, you have to look for something different which ultimately contributes towards the same end result. Carrick is certainly a different type of player, and I've been pretty pleased with him so far. Not 100% convinced as yet, but wasn't expecting to be 12 games into the season. It's ridiculous to say he hasn't contributed towards our improvement, and while it's fair to say he's not put in a standout performance yet, I can't really recall any below-par ones either, and lots and lots of good stuff he does seems to go unnoticed. I genuinely think he's played a big part in Scholesy's resurgent form.

On the point that you wouldn't want a Carrick/Scholes midfield in big away games at the likes of Anfield and Stamford Bridge - in theory, I'd probably agree (I'd have agreed vehemently before the season started, but he's impressed me with his defensive side), but thanks to Fergie's tinkering against Arsenal, we've no way of knowing for sure. Hopefully we'll see that midfield against Chelsea in a couple of weeks anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that i wouldn't want that midfield, as i think we should be playing our best XI in all the big games and letting the opposition worry about us. But it would concern me that it wouldn't be strong enough, and i would be happier with a good Hargreaves style player in there next to Scholesy.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

George Best Fivers have arrived \o/

Four available, so if any of you clowns want one, e-mail in profile icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

E-mailed ya

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Betfair list it as

Man Utd 1.56

Chelsea 3.15

Liverpool 38

Arsenal 34 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

christ. well worth a few quid on chelsea that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa I'm getting on that.

• 1 month later...

i'm actually getting a bit nervous about tomorrow. might just sleep until half 6 to avoid a day of bricking it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're going to get up early just because there's a match on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

just a quick question for you man utd folk.

i got my ticket for the semi final there the other day from blackburn. now i went to the section on the man u website which gives you a seating plan, and what view you have.

i am say in the East Stand, Tier 1, Upper

anyway im in block E233, but yet the seating plan on the website doesnt have that block, closest to this they do have, is block E333

so can anyone tell me, is this a misprint?

some other rovers fans from the rovers forums have the same area as me.

cheers, and hopefully we can do a few chelsea players in as well for ya, maybe break fat franks legs, or drogbas icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

E233 is the section next to where the away fans sit, it doesn't appear on the United website for some reason, guess because it is sometimes used by the away fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chers mate,, so what block would be the next to it then, going by the man utd site?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

the main argument with the injuries I'd put up is that whilst Cech was injured, so was Carlo. If you'd have lost VDS and Koosh at the same point what would've happened? I presume Howard and Foster weren't allowed to be called back, so would you have been Champions with Heaton in goal for however long we had Hilário?

Otherwise not a problem at all, I know how bad you had it because we did too.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Tottingham Hotspur for the purchase and the registration of Dimitar Berbatov

Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and another icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

sorry but this 'always running about' rubbish is just shorthand for 'oooh isn't that little chinese lad busy'. Racist.

Richardson is 'always running about'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calling anyone asian looking chinese. racist icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Air Force Ones:

So united coming out with another kit??

Why I thought they suppose to come out with a new one every 2 seasons? Hasnt been 2 seasons has it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a 50th Celebration year every year, is it ?

Archived