The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

hahaha MASSIVE overreaction about ronaldo, especially from united fans. i expect more fellas, get behind the lad (except keyser who's never liked him iirc).

however, i do think he's off. for those that haven't seen it he says in an ssn interview that his future will be decided after the world cup. 'after the world cup i will decide on my life' he says, or something along those lines and that implies to me he wants away which is a real shame.

so this summer should be fun, getting rid of 2 of our best players and STILL needing 2 midfielders.

also, we missed a trick with zokora as he is class and cost spurs about 7mil.

so yeh like james07 said, international football can **** off. the only strain of positivity i can cling onto is that after the last 2 world cups we went on to win the league the following season.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Ronaldo? Tear Apart? If it was Millwall, fair do's icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he often tears players/teams apart, do be bitter, you dont want me to start making examples son.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Wouldn't be at all surprised. So who else is there for right back this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wes/O'Shea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea should never be played there again tbh. (Although I'd also say that for central midfield, left back and centre half).

Bayern threaten United

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has threatened to report Manchester United to Fifa over their attempts to sign Owen Hargreaves.

The German champions have made it clear that they have no intention of letting the England international move to Old Trafford, but the Premiership giants are still trying to broker a deal.

Rummenigge now says his club will look to have The Red Devils sanctioned should their efforts to lure Hargreaves continue.

"We have told Manchester United that they should stop trying to tempt Hargreaves. If they don't we will have to turn to Fifa," Rummenigge told the tz newspaper.

"A club may only contact a player if that player's own club gives its permission.

"We are not like Hamburg, who decided to sell Khalid Boulahrouz the moment they had an offer for him.

"We are FC Bayern and we don't give in to anybody. Here it is the employer who decides what happens and not the employee," the former German international striker added.

Hargreaves has intimated his desire to quit The Allianz Arena for United, but it seems Sir Alex Ferguson faces an uphill battle to land the 25-year-old.

Jonny can apply like everyone else, I KNEW this would happen. I saw it coming miles off icon_biggrin.gif

I'll be using RI for my away tickets this season, If there are spares that pop up on there then I'll ask the person selling them but no way will I be asking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Reo-Coker is a good player but he isn't quite the defensive-minded midfielder we need. At West Ham he has a more defensive midfielder behind him. We couldn't play Reo-Coker and Scholes in the same team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know about that, he works pretty much in tandom with hayden mullins at times, often breaking up attacks. He is a clever footballer who could adapt and work with who ever he is put with.

I think he would be an excellent signing, young with experince and ambitious and hard working.

Similar age to Jonah? I really think Jonah is going to have to go out on loan again if we do sign another midfielder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Van Bommel said: “I have left Barcelona because there were not enough guarantees that I would play every week. But at Bayern Munich the chances of playing are so much bigger — they told me that with Ballack gone and Hargreaves close to leaving the club.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

quite like Reo-Coker but the thought of us having a player called Nigel makes me somewhat queasy

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had a Nigel once. Went by the name of Clough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have expected that from Bling or Mika as closet scousers and city fans, but you Eddie? I'm shocked and appalled icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON icon_mad.gif

Having to want Newcastle to do well /O\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f**k that

just hope they do so badly Rossi begs Fergie to come back and play a bit part for us instead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good result, the Scouse were poor but we bossed what they put in front of us.

MOM: Paul Scholes

2ND: Nemanja Vidic

A lot of positive performances in this one and I’ve struggled to pick my MOM nominations but Scholesy (yes, again) got the opener and was involved in everything good we did all match and Vidic justified his selection with another fine defensive performance, so they get in ahead of the others.

VDS hardly called into action but I love the fact that he’s comfortable with the ball at his feet. GNev did fine as well, usual Gaz, hope him being taken off was just a precaution. Other than the winner (BBBBBRRRRRAAAAPPPPPP!!!!), Rio was solid as well but seeing as they tried to play up against Viddy his performance was more notable in my opinion. Evra impressed again and I’m now really glad we’ve got two very good left-backs (still needs better crossing though please).

Carrick was really wasteful at times today and it’s a bit of a comedown from the game against Copenhagen and I’m a bit disappointed that he’s not done more in an attacking sense, but you can’t help but note his willingness to get behind the ball and hold up the man with the ball – I still think that he’ll come good in the medium/longer term more than right now Scholesy being irrepressible a lot of the time means that he can afford to be more understated in games like this at the minute. Fletch was dogged for us all afternoon and his effort and commitment set the tone for us today in a lot of ways, just a tad wasteful a couple of times but overall another good performance. Giggsy wasn’t involved loads but was ace when he got into the play, no complaints.

After the first-half I thought Saha was going to have a great game but he didn’t really feature in the second, which is a pain because he ran them ragged in the initial 45. Rooney was quite bit-part today but again another who didn’t do anything bad on the ball when they got it. The subs weren’t tested when they came on so Wes and JOS can’t get a judgement today.

Good overall but I think we should have had more. Still a victory over the Liverpool is a victory over Liverpool! I only wish I’d been there…

2-0 BBBBBBBRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP + finger-snap > *

• 1 month later...

What was your worst on-air nightmare?

Easy. 1995, final day of the season. Blackburn were top of the table but lost at Liverpool, Manchester United needed to win at West Ham to take the title… it actually ended a draw. I was commentating at Blackburn when Jamie Redknapp scored a late goal, and for a moment I got my sums wrong and said “and that may well have handed the title to Man Unitedâ€.

aye. I'm sure it was you fat twat

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

People are going to wake up tomorrow and think that we have signed someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who can blame them with that 50 MILLION WARCHEST?

so does this mean i'm all alone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm here, just not replying every 5 seconds now.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yeah I hate the whole "underdogs" with shirts sponsored by the sun, jester wearing first game they've ever been to, airhorn, shitty wigs, huge flags, brand new replica shirt, utter cuuuunts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are NOT going to like me when I turn up for that Charlton game...

On which note, I may try and abuse your (or anyone elses) kindness for Bolton / Blackburn the following month.

• 1 month later...

seen a few people criticising Kuszczak, not entirely sure what he did wrong if i'm honest. i didn't pay much attention to MOTD so i don't know if i missed something that happened down the other end, but he had no chance with the goal. where did he f**k up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His general positioning was poor. Found himself in a bit of difficulty time after time due to this.

One occassion was when Wes had to head off of the line after Kuszczak failed to get a cross that was easily within his reach.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

For some reason i thought Nick, BBB and co were all around the 21/22 mark. Anyway happy B-Day.

And Nick since i fell asleep before the reserves started last night how did Ngalula do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

best i've seen him play in a long time. him and Eagles completely ran the midfield, put in a couple of excellent tackles as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great stuff. I really thought a lot of him before his injury and thought him very promising but since his big lay off i havent been able to see too much of him and he doesnt seem to be starting too many reserve games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

is a draw on sat best case scenario? would mean replay on 19th march so scholes back for the blackburn game. think id definitely take that at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, that's a good idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no thanks not more games

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I doubt Smith could have started more than 20 games upfront for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

27 starts in his first season, which would have been all or almost all up front i think. 15 sub appearances that season as well, and he scored 10 goals.

• 2 weeks later...

i'll get cyber-battered for this no doubt but i don't give a f**k about going through on tuesday now. lucky for us our next two league games are at home, the first against relegation fodder, but if we get to the semis we have a run of games that would basically go:

wed - munich/milan

sat - everton away

tue - munich/milan

sun - city away

and as we've seen today, i don't think we can cope with these late season tricky away games on the back of european exertions in midweek.

trying to look on the bright side. sheffield united at home up next, fully confident of three there and then we're rolling again, with another home game to come against our Ronnie's bestest mates from paedoland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

The CL is just getting in the way now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matthew Le God:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

frankly bizarre mix of positions and players that mlg but then confusing where lads play was always an issue of yours iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bale can play left midfield </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another frankly bizarre comment, becoming something of a habit this. john oshea can play left wing, but its not his position. if we were buying bale it would have been as a left back, where giggs can not play.

then theres the whole ranking thing you exploded onto my screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Just one nomination for best non-Man Utd user hopefully?

token lovable Leeds fan? (L) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with the oxymoron? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Franny's not the brightest, but moron's going a bit far icon_frown.gif

3 To Sign

3rd: Klaaaaaaaas Jan Huntelaar (ryan stop telling the classless one to close the thread xx)

2nd: shared by Naaaaani and Haaaaaaargreaves. smug

WINNER - Dimitar Berbatov. somewhat unlikely now la

3 To Go

3rd: Louis Saha

2nd: Mikael Silvestre (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)

WINNER/LOSER - Kieran Richardson

Archived