The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

It's possible that JOS may be part of the Carrick deal. PLEASE NO icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[predictable]15m cash or 16m plus o'shea for carrick[/predictable]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Someone was asking about the squad that has travelled to SA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Travelling Squad

Ben Foster, Luke Steele.

Phil Bardsley, Danny Simpson, John O’Shea, Wes Brown, Jonathan Evans, Patrice Evra.

David Jones, Darren Fletcher, Kieran Richardson, Chris Eagles, Liam Miller, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs.

Giuseppe Rossi, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Fangzhuo Dong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real chance for some of the younger players to impress then. 'mon the Jonah icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know anything about Danny Simpson. Anyone have any info?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Does that mean I'll likely sit near Cousin It? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might ask for 2 tickets together for that icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I'm willing to bet we could have got Mascherano and probably A.N. Other midfielder as well for roughly the price we'll end up paying for Carrick and Senna. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i seriously doubt that tbh.

if we've only paid 14m up front for carrick, and 4m is right for senna, then i'd wager mascherano will go for more than both of those combined. corinthians claiming they won't even start talking for anything less than 20m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to go with Scatter on that one. Although one caveat is that it does to some extent depend on who Mark's A.N.Other midfielder is, but even then I haven't noticed many MF bargains running around for £3m-£6m (bar Damien Duff ofc, but then there's the whole would Chelsea have negotiated with is aspect).

As far as I can tell from a quick google on Mascherano's transfer from River to Corinthians, they paid between £8mill and £10mill with the most common figures being closer to the lower end of that scale.

Now, given his prominence and performances at the WC, Corinthians relatively secure financial state in comparison to the vast majority of clubs on their continent, and what have been apparently been increasingly impressive performances for his new club they'd understandably want to receive at least double their initial outlay and it could be argued that he'd be worth it.

That basic minimum would beat the basic Carrick fee would thus be beaten and one would imagine if anyone else were involved in the bidding Corinthians would probably instigate a bidding war to drive up the price.

But even with this hypothetical bidding scenario, I think that the fact that there doesn't appear to have been any real movement for Mascherano this summer suggests that he may just not have been on the market. And if thats the case then it really would take a bigger bid than the Carrick one (add-ons and all) to prise him away if they've no real incentive to sell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Just seen all this Rooney furore after getting back from the weekend. They can't suspend him for that can they ffs?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably will not though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

No Cronaldo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As pointed out earlier on the page, MUTV say Fergie wont consider Saha, Silvestre and Ronaldo for the Fulham game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, I'll read the thread before I post in future. Whats wrong with them?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

For those who were around during the godawful spring of 2005 - were there any posters supporting the scouse in Europe, against Chelsea or Milan? Eh? EH? icon_mad.gif

It's got to stop, dammit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were a fair few wanting them to win the final iirc. Disgraceful stuff.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

Just got an email sayin that i can get 2 Liverpool tickets if i want them!! Also got 2 extra Copenhagen tickets for a couple of friends which means i got 6 in total. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Liverpool ticket. Go on, you know you want to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing much has changed from last season then? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If by that you mean the ticket office denying pretty much everyone in the ballot then no.

First game all season I have struggled with which I said would be the case at the start.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

you did a u-turn over a roundabout ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was around a MINI roundabout ffs not over it

i swang left to help the right hand turn too at the start ffs

although the kerb was rather near

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Mika, if we win it, you're not allowed to celebrate. You're banned from celebratory joyfulness. M'Kaay ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I dont see why Rossi cant step in and get his fair share of action now. I dont see why we are looking at a 33 year old who for the great finisher he is isnt as good as what he was pre injury and a 35 year old loan signing who we dont know can cut it in the prem at his age when we have a young kid who has looked good whenever he has stepped in before and is the future of the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he's almost completely untried in competitive football. Reserve football is simply not enough of a test to judge peoples premiership ability on, and neither are FA cup games against the like of Burton Albion, however good the performance.

For all his potential, we are not at the stage where we can throw kids in and hope they're up to it. And we're talking about a player who for whatever reason couldn't break into an injury hit newcastle team desperate for goals. Now you can't judge him on Roeders assesment of him, but you also can't pretend it would be anything other than a gamble to be relying on him in vital games at the sharp end of the title race until he's actually proved he can do it at the top level.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Oh and congrats to Keyser.

Hope the child and mother are both okay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it true his missus said childbirth was nothing considering what she went through at the conception?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

my underwear </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While i'm sure your underwear could incapacitate the entire chelsea team, they wouldn't score, so the best they would manage would be a nil-nil draw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

how can you buy one of the main railway routes out of manchester? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I meant like, leasing it or something while the building work was going on or paying to have it relocated in a subway style like Scatter suggested (unless I've misread that as well).

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

'Fishing' more accurate?

Jim, that pint will be mine. Louis'll come good, I just KNOW* it.

(*In the same way that Mart KNEW Hargreaves would sign). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fishing? I simply want to know how highly people rate David Healey now. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too clever for your own good tbh icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

you just know pickles is gonna get a cup final ticket, i can see it now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what was posted yesterday the chances of ticket availability getting anywhere near the OU members is pretty minimal so I'm while I'll put my hat in the ring if I can I'm really not expecting to get near it & I doubt anyone else in the scheme is realistically thinking they will either.

Of course Pickles has "contacts" iirc so it probably negates the impact of the allocation process for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll apply through the club and with the luck I'm getting recently I'll probably get one icon_wink.gif But this "contact" will charge a stupid amount. Imo he's a cuunt for charging for than face value and i'm not going to able to afford a marked up £65 ticket icon_frown.gif

I shall not being in the stadium on May 19th, but will be in Wembley icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

But yeah, Chelsea have the wind in their sails now and spurred on by the fact that it's in their hands, I honestly can't see them dropping points tomorrow or in any of their other games for that matter. They have some good sides left to play but this is a fully fit and on form Chelsea we're talking about.

I think the only way Man Utd can win the league now is to get a result at Stamford Bridge... Which really isn't too likely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif fb

Eddie turns up drunk quite often, a few rums icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderate that a tad, young sir. Drunk is a bit strong, I think you'll find. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Chhhhaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmpppppppppiiiiiiiiooo

oooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fb.

Yes,fb.

Just back from the pub,yes.

Thank you aresnal.

Never thought i'd say that but,thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived