The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Just for Nick, according to my Derby season-ticket holding friends Jonah had a stormer in centre-mid today icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*be's smug*

Funny you should say that, I've just been lurking on Derby message boards trying to find out how he got on. Got the same impression icon14.gif

Only way I could see him not going there permanently would be a major injury crisis. Hope for his sake that doesn't happen.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Derby have an something akin to a 1st option agreement for him?

I only ask because I thought I read that NEC were still interested in taking him if Fergie didn't and were willing to match the £1mill that Derby have apparently agreed. You never know, we could have a bidding war on our hands!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We have some ideas about January next year which will not change no matter what the results," said Ferguson. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I only ask because I thought I read that NEC were still interested in taking him if Fergie didn't and were willing to match the £1mill that Derby have apparently agreed. You never know, we could have a bidding war on our hands! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I just read about that. Be a tricky choice for him I think - the Eredivisie's obviously a higher level but NEC aren't really contenders over there and with Derby going so well, he might prefer to see if he ends up in the Prem next year instead (or impresses a Prem team).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I only ask because I thought I read that NEC were still interested in taking him if Fergie didn't and were willing to match the £1mill that Derby have apparently agreed. You never know, we could have a bidding war on our hands! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I just read about that. Be a tricky choice for him I think - the Eredivisie's obviously a higher level but NEC aren't really contenders over there and with Derby going so well, he might prefer to see if he ends up in the Prem next year instead (or impresses a Prem team). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think if he goes abroad there's a chance that he'll get lost like Michael Ball has since he's gone to PSV from Rangers after his injury problems.

At the minute I think that Derby is as good a platform as any in the Championship at the minute with Billy Davies at the helm, & they've got very good facilities so I'd have thought it'd make sense to stay there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm the umm opposite icon_biggrin.gif

are you going to join us tomorrow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure, think im heading into town before the game if we get there early enough. walked past you guys a few weeks back actually, saw an unhappy looking man with a beard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

can you promise to change your location if we win or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i will change it to something appropriate if we win tomorrow yes.

i doubt kieran will even make the bench tbh

Martin has kindly agreed to give me Keith's ticket after all.

He says he doesn't mind taking a punch in the face off the guy he was supposed to give it to as I am his favourite internet person.

So kind of him.

Seriously though I don't havea ticket & unless one appears from somewhere tomorrow I will be mugging someone from the wall.

You are smallest. Unlucky.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i don't know about anyone else but i'd quite like to see Jonny attempt to mug Gerry for his ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The old man wouldn't be able to keep up with my tiger style.

So he would probably pull a knife & gut me icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Such a wuss icon_biggrin.gif

Man up for christs sake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your fault I am in this situation icon_mad.gif

Plus I really am ill. Imagine how I normally look for Sunday games. Well I look worse than that. Coughing up brown stuff is not what I call healthy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Such a wuss icon_biggrin.gif

Man up for christs sake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's your fault I am in this situation icon_mad.gif

Plus I really am ill. Imagine how I normally look for Sunday games. Well I look worse than that. Coughing up brown stuff is not what I call healthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gravy?

Let's have a Vidic love-in:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Vidic on trophies

Sunday, November 26, 2006

'Nobody set any goals in front of us, that we have to win the Champions League and the Premiership. But we are all aware that we play in one of the best clubs in the world, that half of the world is watching us on TV and that our success is measured by trophies. We are on the right path and it is a golden feeling.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Pompey captain on Vidic

Dejan Stefanovic:

'He will go in every challenge for the long balls and he can play football as well. Believe me, he can be even better and people will see that. He is a young lad and he is a good character. He is the sort of player who can score goals as well and he will be a big success for Man United.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Former coach on Vidic

Goran Stevanovic:

'Clemente (present Serbian coach) should go to church and light a candle every morning praying for the health of Nemanja Vidic.'

'Some people in Manchester might consider doing the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Vidic on Fergie

'The start was hard for me.'

'I arrived having not trained for 40 days because in Russia the season was finished. Also, injuries caused problems for me - these were difficult days and months. But I learnt so much.'

'Every day for each of us he sets aside a minute or two, to talk and ask if everything is OK, how it is at home, if we need any help. His advice helped me very much.

'He was patient to wait for me to improve while I was a bit unstable in the first team. He was saying to me, "Don't be upset, take it easy, everything will be OK." He was like a father to me and I want to repay him.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie on Vidic

'We've done well there.'

'He has that mentality of the proper, really authentic defender. Watch Vidic in training, and he'll batter Louis Saha and then pick him up, as if to say, "This is my job, this is what I do." I'll be yelling from the touchline, "Watch the tackling, watch the tackling," and Vidic will shout, "Sorry boss, sorry boss." But he's not sorry at all, he just loves defending.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watch Vidic in training, and he'll batter Louis Saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's made of glass as it is. A Vidic 'battering' will surely shatter him into a million pieces.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Vidic so good

decent odds on a United clean sheet today.. though that would jinx it wouldnt it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not allowed to bet on us according to Mart. Or against us for that matter. Pretty much leaves you with 'first corner' or something, although with Chelsea's set piece skills that probably counts as a jinx too.

Archived