The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NSteelez:

Hypothetical, but if the situation was reversed would people be calling for Rooney to go or be so mad about it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id be ****ed off with him, but with ronaldo its the fact you pretty much expect it of him as thats just the type of classy guy he is.

add that to the fact hes seemingly engineering a move away, bitches and cry's when the sun goes in and is about as useful on the wing as a chocolate teapot and it leads to pure hate for the lad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Saha got 15 last season, a season that started in November. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not following

Ruud got 24 goals. That's an EXTRA 24 goals. On top of any Saha/Rooney/etc got last season. Who are these goals going to be replaced by?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I was most improved user in 2005

Joint 2nd best user in 2006

so yes, yes you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sympathy votes, tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Butt was crap, PNev was crap, Keane was on a downward spiral, ditto Scholes (SO looking forward to him mistiming tackles this season) Fletcher just isn't good enough, Kleberson was a sicknote and Djemba Djemba was Ali Dia's brother.

The signs were there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a time when people did actually rate Djemba etc though icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well even today i believe that Djemba's tackling was absolutely brilliant! It's just that the second he won the ball he gave it away through a bad pass or by staying with the ball at his feet not knowing what to do and getting tackled back icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Momo?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Sorry, thought you said socks. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you'll be sorry... icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Like James said, I suspect the guaranteed portion of the Carrick fee will be in installments as well, so that balances itself out ultimately.

Has it been confirmed that the Ruud fee is in installments btw? Suppose we're unlikely to ever find out under private ownership now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think what mark is saying is that you can't quote Carrick's price at the 'lower' £13m figure when there's potential add-ons to consider, and then quote Ruud and Mikel's sale fees in full. Or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's perfectly fair to do that, because in both cases I'm taking into account the guaranteed income/expenditure. The £13m is what Spurs are guaranteed, the £23m-ish is what we're guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I insisted iirc.

mark, you going to get to a game this season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not in the forseeable future.

aha, the real reason we aren't signing Hargreaves, from everyones favourite paper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hargreaves may even have become surplus to requirements in 12 months’ time if the likes of Darren Fletcher, John O’Shea and youngster David Jones continue to progress at Old Trafford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is fb icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

My computer disappeared on Monday and it's only just returned so has there been a round-up done in my absence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waiting for you to do pages 1-100 tbf icon_wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Just got back from an 11 a side game... our team 3-5 down with 10 minutes left

I go and score 2 goals to get us a draw and the crowd were going wild icon_cool.gif

Sorry for the obvious bragging but it was a fffb match and I felt like posting it somewhere.

ps. **** off Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What club is he on about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The article (and rumours at the time), suggest Real, but I don't know for certain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard it was FCUM but they ended their interest after signing Alex Mortimer from Flixon.

From tonights Guardian Fiver

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Park Ji-sung will be scampering around the DevilBowl again in the next few weeks, now that the midfielder has recovered from ankle-knack. Lord Ferg's cheeks are also glowing with pleasure at the prospect of seeing the Emmerdale Eminem, Alan Smith, and Hobbiton's Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returning to fitness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know it'll be considered blasphemy, but i laughed at the last description icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Doomlording >>>>>>> Giddiness </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just a normal fan? Isn't hard to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing wrong with what I do either. Wouldn't have it any other way.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

seeing this again, was Barthez actually an Arsenal player in disguise. .. he f**ked up against them several times :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

twat ****ed my plasma telly up, well my dads. When he gifted Henry twice, I spat at the telly and it broke icon_biggrin.gif, well had a dodgy picture

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

As I just posted in the match thread, an't see the reason for you guys getting too excitd yet. 12 games and a lot of football to go yet. The ECL is going to have a big effect on both of us.

I don't want your lot to turn into scouser-esque giddyness, because as much as I dislike you, I hate the bin dipping murderers more.

Still up for grabs, albeit that you will stillwin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the last sentence icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Stefanovic creams over Vidic

Portsmouth captain Dejan Stefanovic is convinced Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic will go on to become the best defender in the world.

"Nemanja is a typical English-style defender - and you don't get many of those coming from foreign countries," he said. "He is strong, powerful and is perfect for the Premiership. He is a Serbian John Terry and I believe Nemanja will go on to be much better than him.

"He is playing for the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in Europe. He has the potential to be the best central defender in the world.

"Nemanja struggled a little bit when he first signed for United and people were very critical of him but he has proved them all wrong this season.

"He has been one of the best players in the Premiership and is a hero in Serbia.

"Nemanja is a defender first and foremost but always scored goals for Red Star because he is a big threat at set-pieces.

"We speak a couple of times a month and he is very happy in Manchester.

"I told him he has to stay focused because when you play for a club like United it only takes a couple of bad games and you are out.

"United have still to come to Fratton Park and I'm looking forward to seeing him - but not to playing against him in this form."

Former Red Star coach Zoran Filipovic also told The Sun: "It was a very good step for him to go to United and maybe he could go on to be the best defender in the world.

"Fabio Cannavaro is a defender and is the World Player of the Year. If you ask me Vidic can do the same.

"Alex Ferguson is a great coach and I have been watching many of United's games and I'm so happy and proud that people in England are giving Vidic the recognition he deserves.

"A few months ago I asked him to bring me one of his Manchester United shirts, which he did when he was back for an international.

"He even signed it for me and I've got it in my house . . . not bad." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Closet United fan there? icon_biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Keepers with the best games to clean sheets ratio in prem history.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Clean sheets Games Percentage

Peter Schmeichel 129 310 42

David Seaman 141 344 41

Nigel Martyn 137 372 37

Mark Bosnich 77 206 37

Tim Flowers 85 286 33

Thomas Sorensen 79 258 31

David James 141 470 30

Shay Given 84 312 29

Mark Schwarzer 84 291 29

Ian Walker 77 310 25

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

Ah i see you found the thread BBB kudos, icon14.gif

Is Neville likely to be back for Sheff Utd? Or is it for the weekend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Milan next week seems to be the official line. Although it wouldn't be a major surprise if there was a sudden recovery earlier than that.

• 2 weeks later...

heh, even through this recent hilarious implosion i've maintained a certain fondness for johsay. that is just c**tish though. hattrick at the bridge please ronnie lad, followed by dancing down the touchline shushing him imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

does the guard of honour really mean that much to you guys? Did it hurt that much two years ago? Not on a windup here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, not in the grand scheme of things, but you can see why it'd be nice? And why it takes any remaining pressure off the last games...want you to drop points tomorrow simply to wrap it up, the guard of honour is just a bit of a cherry on the cake...as would be 90 minutes of gloating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anelka would be brilliant for us tbh. Plus he's guarenteed a goal against Arsenal, Liverpool, and City.

Viduka was linked earlier in the month, now I may get bashed for this, but I would go for him if we didn't get a prime target (Berbs, Huntelaar, Klose, Benni etc) as he would be cheap, and is proven in the Premiership.

Archived