The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

You forgot Smith and David Jones icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did, alas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That got as much tumbleweed as Nicks, but i guess you're all too young to remember this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

May well have already been answered. but how is Dong rated nowadays? Haven't heard anything like the shocking reports that came through a couple of years back for a while now, most seem to be positive in some way. Any chance of him actually doing something for us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those on RI who watched the last two games were raving about him and he did well in Antwerp last season (although there were concerns about his attitude I think). He looks a bit like David Bellion but with the ability to actually control a ball.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

5 years, 1 premiership winners medal, 1 fa cup winners medal. not exactly great icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Doesn't really make any difference to me what they call it, I still call it the Stretty anyway icon_biggrin.gif

So what will they do at the other end? Move the Nike swoosh there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>a massive AIG logo would be fab. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'd just assumed that Nike would have had it in their contract or something?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

honestly.

Silv AND O'shea in the backline. Utter disaster scenario. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did ok against Basle away with that icon_cool.gif

Then again we had Ruud to save us then icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I was actually born in Sarf London but moved up to sunny Stockport at the age of 2. My dad never really followed football. Enjoyed watching it but didn't support a team.

So basically it came down to the primary school I was at. I had to choose a club and the majority supported Man Utd. So I became the proverbial sheep and followed.

The first season that I can really remember was 93/94 with us beating chelsea 4-0 in the FA cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which school? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tithe Barn Primary. Followed by Priestnall Secondary and Parrswood 6th Form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

priestnall scum icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif where did you go? St Anne's?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Still got the tape I used that night (also has parade stuff from day after.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Parade was so amazing. I remember being a 15 year old kid walking around on Deansgate outside my dads office with an inflatable CL trophy and having 30 year old men coming up to kiss the balloon :*)

Atmosphere was so fb it was untrue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

I remember being so so delighted when you won that, the circumstances and all, (dramatically, against the germans Teddy :*)) and dare I say I got a tingle down my spine just watching it again.

Definately one of my favourite non-spurs/england moments </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here- one of my most memorable non-Arsenal football memories. A crazy, compelling finale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Oh, while I'm here, thoughts on who gets the blame for the goal? Gaby misses the initial challenge but Wes is beaten far too easily by Varney for my money, and I'm leaning towards giving it to him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

answer me heathens

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon we should take Martin Jol out for a few beers - he seems the sort who'd be up for that - and get him so drunk that he'll accept a Richardson/Lennon swap deal.

Admittedly it's debatable that there's enough alcohol in the world to get a person THAT drunk :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

you can get fecked with the 11am train bollox i'm driving down to fattys in a while 12pm train ftw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keith your stomach is bigger than all of those at the wall. How many times do you need telling.

Martin, I will be at Piccadilly at 10:30 AM at the latest.

Don't be late because I have no phone, thus no way of contacting you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Eboue wasnt down for THAT long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Carling Cup win so completely worth it. Might watch the official dvd. what a day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a strange day, I was there and we had won the cup but I knew right then that it was the beginning of the end for Ruud. As soon as he brought on Vidic and Evra I sat there fuming for the rest of the match...definitely overshadowed winning for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

i take it larrsson will be starting at lille then? would rather saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would rather saha?! i'd rather have bellion upfront atm than saha. complete waste of space </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best bit of business our former chairman done getting £2m+ for that waste of space, I know Saha isn't the quality you require, but the bloke isn't on the same level as Daveeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£3m wasn't it? icon_frown.gif

wouldn't be surprised if we let you keep Evans for another season if you get promoted btw - he'll be playing in the Prem one way or another next season.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll be ****ing fuming if the likes of gonch/pickles get one and I don't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? ive been to more games than most people in here including 2 euro aways ffs. enough with the gonch hate love its quite unnecessary.

• 5 weeks later...

It's back on! United will win the league, smash Chelsea in the FA Cup with Ronaldo scoring a hattrick, Rooney will score a brace in the Champions League final with Scholes sealing the win with a 35 yard screamer, and Richardson will move to Colchester for 750k.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Gareth Bale - Southampton (Mirror)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Samuel Eto'o - Barca (Daily Mail)

Eidur Gudjohnsen - Barca (NOTW)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Benni McCarthy - Blackburn (NOTW)

Youssouf Mulumbu - PSG (Youssouf Mulumbu)

Nani - Sporting Lisbon (Guardian)

Michael Owen - Newcastle (Various + BBC)

Franck Ribery - Marseille (Himself via Sky)

Micah Richards - Manchester City (Mirror)

Steve Sidwell - Reading (Mirror)

Carlos Tevez - West Ham (Star, Mirror)

Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid (Mirror)

Running Total: 17

Predicted Final Total

Irish – 170

James07? – 112

bling – 102

pjburrage – 99

WSR – 95

theis – 92

alilaw – 89

Nezell – 87

14AlanSmithifb – 85

Hero of the day – 83

vanester – 82

T!mbo – 80

BBB – 79

gonch19 – 78

Bagpuss – 77

Rb – 76

Pickles – 74

julesMUFC – 71

ajw2255 – 70

Nick OGS20 – 68

Maverick – 64

davidbowie – 63

Ryno – 62

ACou2000 – 60

Gregg Carter – 59

Jimlad – 56

ericcantona7 – 55

Matt Cavanagh – 54

mark g – 52

keyser – 50

player_65 – 46

SLO_Fila – 43

Taz Devil – 41

Saha – 39

The_Fish – 37

finneys13 – 36

Master Blasta – 32

EmmYouEffSee – 29

RedBlood – 26

qwerty2k – 17

<STRIKE>Razor Eddie – 16</STRIKE>

<STRIKE>? – 15</STRIKE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably best to keep them in alphabetical order as the list grows we don't want duplicates...so put the new ones in bold.

We've had our 1st two fallers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

mart apologies for not meeting you, waited by the wall for a bit but it was p!ssing it down so ran for cover then my phone ran out of batteries icon13.gif

what did you end up doing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we went to martins place as we were all wet, had a few cans, watched family guy then went home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get it right dammit

You lot were all wet where as my lovely waterproof jacket kept me dry regardless of its ever so slightly bright colour.

As for going home surely you mean driven to your doorstep icon_razz.gif

Archived