The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by finneys13:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Man Utd eyeing Turkish sensation Sahin

tribalfooball.com - July 09, 2006

Manchester United are eyeing Turkey's 17 year-old midfield sensation Nuri Sahin.

United are being linked with a move for the £6m German-born midfielder at Borussia Dortmund who names Cristiano Ronaldo as his No 1 player.

Sahin is understood to be keen a trying his hand in the Premiership and United's need for a playmaker and goalscorer in midfield could see him as a young heir to Roy Keane.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this kid meant to be the heir to a Roy Keane that played for us?

Because that description is nothing like the one I know... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is the next Keane. And was born in Germany, so no work permit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't actually think this rumour will come to anything but to satisfy my curiosity is Nuri Sahin a playmaking, goal-scoring attacking midfielder or a Roy Keane-esq box-to-box defensive midfielder with high energy, strong tackling ability and great leadership qualities (as far as one can rate the latter in a 17-yr old)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I know you're not blaming the Glazers for everything, but if you are blaming them a bit then you could even go back to who ever it was who made you a PLC. Glazers were just making the most of a situation, not their fault that you were liable to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most people here would agree that Martin Edwards is a grade A, prize-winning knob jockey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

How are people watching this? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MUTV online, costs me 4 quid for a month and I get to see all the preseason friendlies we have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah. Tried that, wasn't working icon_frown.gif

Teletext said Real were planning an announcement about 6pm regarding Ruud. Has anyone else heard something similar?

Are people expecting us to have to wait until the Ruud deal is done and dusted before we officially unveil Carrick or is there an expected time of announcement floating about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

One at the COM, none at Anfield IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

see, he was sh*t. Glad we got rid. Use the money to re-sign Diego. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

you know i think Mickey is one of the best attacking left backs in the world. he can put in some great crosses, he can play the killer passes, and he has won us games from that

position attacking wise.lost afew as well tbf

but as aCB we lose so much of what he has to offer, and in that position he can only lose us games cos he lacks the 100% concentration needed .

i know many of you will jump at me and say that gabby is better and yes defensively he is but he can't win us games attacking wise like selvestre can </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaby wins us games defensively tbh.

Oh, and you're totally wrong

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

nick + mart + a jug of pimms = ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

an almost as gay pair as you and jonny drinking cocktails togeather

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nothing will happen on Saturday, the majority don't care and will still sing "Every single one of us" he's sold out big time, he could have stood down when he was "opposed" to the takeover and gone down as a hero, instead he stayed and is killing his legacy/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your deluded if you think that ever crossed his mind. thats utter ********, its non senseica if you think that was the best thing for the club. The club would've turned into complete turmoil if he had resigned and come out and said what?

There are similaritys to this about when we floated on the stock market? Would you have expected him to resign then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

JOS ifs and should NEVER play again.

wtf does Jonah have to do to get a game?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cripple O'Shea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How will we notice the difference?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can we have an age limit of 21 or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we need a maximum age limit too. all you old feckers tottering around the thread spreading your malicious richardson >>>> giggs malarky is likely to have a profound and unbalancing affect on the young uns that do get past the entrance exam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop your antipodean ramblings and enjoy a masterclass from our first Chinese superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqw2pasORGs&mode=related&search=

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I'm the only proper manc in here. Born in Manchester, live in Manchester. Flaming glory hunters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lieing fecker you live in stockport

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

so it turns out Ronaldo got a fairly significant knock on his ankle ... Alan Green where are you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shagging his steve gerrard blow up doll

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Michael Barnes, I don't have MUTV but he is meant to be awesome for the Reserves and I used to hang around with him. He still lives about 5 minutes from my house, he played against Crewe and was rubbish. Anyone remember seeing him? Ginger, left wing but right footed... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's been excellent for the reserves, but bottled it big-time against Crewe. Still a young'un though, he's got a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Nick, you never replied when i suggested Heinze should have an affg for Chelsea. Have you decided that one is settled as no fault, or is it still up for debate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

must have missed that. i'm more than willing to go with that if it's the general conscensus.

was qh at smudger signing.

trying to make up a rio song that rhymes with 'oh margie, you came and you gave me a turkey, on our vacation away from worky'

so far i've got 'oh rio, you came and you look like a turkey'.

suggestions please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Stop whinging, it's not like we're catching up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm greedy, we could be 50pts ahead and I'd still whinge icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

also yesterday i do think lack of concentration played a huge part. we'd defended pretty much impeccably until the equaliser, then people just switch off all over the shop (Nev for the first, arguably the centre-backs too, and definitely Rio for the second)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

A win is a win. And it's all that matters really.

Lack of standout performances today.

oh yeah, Richardson came on and basically had 3 touches.

One successful pass 5 yards sideways.

One ridiculously hopeful shot from 35 yards that flew well wide.

One pass to a Charlton player.

SO USEFUL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh you forgetting when he tried to run down the wing.

His try was halted when the Charlton player got the ball without even tackling him ffs icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Good Draw icon14.gif

could have been easier with PSV but also we avoided both English teams so , good imo.

FAO Season Ticket Holders:

Anyone else receive their new swipe card thing today?

Got mine through the post apparently they're beginning to use them for the game against Bolton and for the rest of the season and we have to return the current books to the ticket office. Seems a bit weird to me using a swipe card whilst we still have a couple of games left in our books, but ah well thats united ticket office for you.

• 4 weeks later...

haha, didn't realise o'shea scored icon_biggrin.gif

I stormed out when the 2nd went in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB left early again ? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Red_Comet:

I've watch some documentary regarding this some time back, it's basically that the Prince himself is a supporter of Real, and knowing people in higher places gets you a lot of advantage such as getting properties on the cheap and selling them for ridiculous sum of money, and banks willing to loan out high sum of money with almost infinite repayment period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few years ago, Real Madrid sold their training ground to the government for something like 200 million euros and now they lease it back. So yes, having the right backing can get you all sorts of advantages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

mon us getting 3 1/2 points more than you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody Wolves fans icon_rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived