Odd Regens

Got a regen come through with the name Alfonso Marquez. Pasty white kid. He's English, with a second nationality of..... Jamaican. Wtf? Is it that hard to get construction of regens right in terms of name/skin colour/nationality?

Uncommon, but I don't suppose there's any sort of Jamaican citizenship law that says pasty white people can't be citizens. Actually, Jamaican law says 12-month residency immediately before application and at least 4 years out of previous 7 years in residence...or adoption by Jamaican parents also grants citizenship. So maybe one of his pasty-white parents married a citizen, and he was adopted?

I really don't see color on my players, but sometimes the names that pop up don't seem very "culture-specific".

I got a regen come through my youth ranks at Man Utd last season, he's brazilian/english, artist name is Marrom and his real name is Dylan Clark. White caucasian too, and a future beast I think, rated very highly.

I've seen a lot of young brazilian kids with russian and german sounding artist names. Yuri. Schumacher. Andrei. A little odd.

There are loads of strange nationality combos for regens, maybe a little too much, but it adds a random touch to the game which I like.

The youth intake player you get from having foreign feeder club can sometimes be a bit strange.

I had a Brazilian player come through called Fransérgió. After a couple of years he got a British passport. The strange thing was his full name: Fransérgio Smalley.

On the topic of regens there's a few excellent downloads out there that changes their look. I haven't payed too much attention to their ethnicity, but they look a lot more varied and natural in general. At least I no longer have half a squad of bald lookalikes.

What annoys me with regens is ones that are overly versatile! Or natural in two completely different positions. I have a player in my Brazil national team who is natural at both MC and SC, it really bugs me tbh and I only ever use him as a squad player because of this.

On the topic of regens there's a few excellent downloads out there that changes their look. I haven't payed too much attention to their ethnicity, but they look a lot more varied and natural in general. At least I no longer have half a squad of bald lookalikes.

The hair add-on pack is fantastic, and gives you some variety. My keeper looks a bit like Gandalf at the moment, and I had a 4-4-2 spearheaded by two mulleted strikers. And I mean proper Pat Sharp levels of mullet. Business on top, party at the back.

Archived