Improving a country's league commercial links

So after winning the Champions League last season and putting Panathinaikos and the Greek Super League on the world footballing map I decided that i needed to use this to Greece's advantage.

Now i am also managing the national side so any extra influx of investment into the league should hopefully benefit the quality of player coming through for the national side. It is also would mean that the league should become more competitive with a better quality of player playing for the mid table sides and thus keep the challenge there.

So in terms of my own commercial links and increasing merchandising income i requested a feeder club and was lucky to be given the option of a club in Japan playing in a 70000 seater stadium in Yokohoma so potentially a good fan base. In order to really push the Panathinaikos brand i've organised 3 tours of Japan and 1 of China and South Korea during the international breaks. I'll also look to sign a few Japanese players should the right few become available and loan them to other teams in the Greek League.

I've also noticed that Olympiakos have also recently set up a link with another Japanese team so Greece should be very much working it's way into the hearts of Japanese fans...

Now the question is with the two biggest teams promoting themselves in Japan is this likely to have a knock on effect to the rest of the league?

I.e. Would the league say start selling TV rights to the Japan and thus all clubs see an increase in yearly TV revenue? Or the increase in TV revenue only linked to the reputation of the league in general and irrelevant to the commercial links of its top clubs.

Currently Greek clubs only receive 4.5 million in TV money each year which isn't a huge amount and i guess if creating commercial links or creating exposure in other countries will benefit the league as a whole then i'll look to branch out more, tours of the middle east etc.

As anyone had any experience of significantly improving a league's TV money and the general quality of the clubs around them? Or is my idea a lost cause?

It would be interesting to see if there's any improvement in clubs finances. Maybe try setting up commercial links with American clubs as well, and tour/play friendlies/sign players from there as well.Of course, doing well in Europe and having a competitive league will help as well. A few appearances in the quarter final onwards and some wins against Barca/Bayern etc can't hurt. The national team doing well will help as well. So, basically, good performances for the international and domestic teams, commercial links in Asia and America and a competitive league is the best way of improving investment.

Archived