Do players consider location?

I like to think I play my games by some LLM rules, not strictly but follow some in part to try keep it realistic.

One thing I try to do is only sign "local" players, for example i'm currently at Oxford City, so when youth players are released each season I scout all those released by local clubs as they would live nearer.. As most players are on P/T or N/C's a house move wouldn't be so affordable as per a premier league player moving half way across the country.

So what i'm wondering is it programed for a player not moving from X location to Y because of the personal costs? I've never seen it myself but like I say I try to sign players who I would imagine live locally..

I'm not 100% but I believe players do take into account location in two ways.

A) Each location is given an rating as to how "popular/attractive" it is.

B) For lower leagues how close it is (I think this is set regionally).

May have a few attempts at signing a few young players from a further distance and see if they'll move the length of the country for £5 a week lo, would be a bit unrealistic imo..

I've seen it with friendlies before, board refusing because of travel costs..

Yeah they do, though its not quite as realistic as IRL in the lower leagues. Also players are more likely to want to move to big cities for a more 'cosmopolitan lifestyle' and players are more inclined to return back to their root cheaply. I had Ibrahimovic back at Malmo in his last two seasons of his career so he could be 'closer to his roots in Sweden'.

Archived