Feeder Clubs - Worth it?

I already have a feeder club for work permit purposes, which has allowed to me to stash two young players with a team in Bulgaria till they get citizenship.

I had another feeder club for loan purposes, but didn't see the purpose and got rid of it.

Basically I want to know whether it's worth getting a feeder club for some of the other purposes, such as a feeder club "to increase our profile in another country", "improve our scouting network's knowledge", "secure first options on players from a successful youth system" and "provide us a chance to recruit foreign youngsters".

I understand basically what they all mean, although I'm not sure exactly what the difference is between the last two, but basically I want to know whether the benefit is substantial at all in game. No point getting a feeder club for merchandising, if the difference between the fee you pay and increase in sales isn't much. Also have a reasonably widespread scouting network (covering all the countries that actually produce good footballers), so is there any point to getting a feeder club for that reason?

Can't really find much in the way of guides that go into much detail on feeder clubs on the net.

The 'recruit foreign youngsters' will result in foreign players coming through the academy. In my last intake I got a mix of English, Brazilian, Danish, Mexican and Egyptian players. I guess it's a good option if you don't have a good youth network or operate in a region where someone else is dominating. I'm thinking about terminating the links, but I'm unsure if it decreases the average quality you get. Some of the foreign kids have turned out world class.

The 'increase profile' one does increase merchandize income. I compared the income before and after and for me it was worth it, but I already had worldwide rep though.

WP-feeder is of course useful, but the other ones, not so much. If you i.e get a Mexican feeder club, you get their scouting knowledge, so you have permanant 100% knowledge of Mexico, and perhaps some other nations in central and north America, but having a few scouts can accomplish the same.

The 'recruit foreign youngsters' will result in foreign players coming through the academy. In my last intake I got a mix of English, Brazilian, Danish, Mexican and Egyptian players. I guess it's a good option if you don't have a good youth network or operate in a region where someone else is dominating. I'm thinking about terminating the links, but I'm unsure if it decreases the average quality you get. Some of the foreign kids have turned out world class.

The 'increase profile' one does increase merchandize income. I compared the income before and after and for me it was worth it, but I already had worldwide rep though.

WP-feeder is of course useful, but the other ones, not so much. If you i.e get a Mexican feeder club, you get their scouting knowledge, so you have permanant 100% knowledge of Mexico, and perhaps some other nations in central and north America, but having a few scouts can accomplish the same.

You got players from 5 different countries? Do you have that many feeder clubs?

How much did income increase? I have just won the Euro Cup, FA Cup and finished 6th in the league with Leeds, three seasons in, so my rep is now worldwide. Am looking at ways to increase income to build the bank balance so I can eventually buy/build the stadium.

Yeah, just checked now and last intake i got

Two Egyptians

One Turkish/English

One South African

Two Nigerians

Two Brazilians

One Spanish

One Danish

and Six English players

I've got 9 feeder club in total. Some eventually get's cancelled, but with time they do add up. I think I could have gotten many more If I had tried.

5 'foreign youngsters' links

1 first option

1 Work permit

2 commercial links

One important thing to add is that the foreigners you get from feeder clubs have a 20% sell on clause.

It's been a while since I got the commercial links, so the finance screen doesn't show the first one and I can't remember how much it was, just that I kept an eye on it and was pleased with the result. For my second link (American) the merchandising income show a consistent increase of around £750k pr month. The red line in the image below indicates when I got my 2nd link.

iONRDRd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iONRDRd.jpg

On my save personally, I'm a solid top 4 side in PL, I have a world class American RB and a great Japanese CM. I have links with both of these countries regarding merchandising opportunities. When I get my shirt sales through at end of season they usually smash it by a long way

I think they're all worthwhile generally.. Particularly if you are raising your profile in another country and have a player from that nation.

Work permit and loan clubs I think are a given. I haven't really explored much about recruiting foreign youngsters, but sounds like it's worth doing.

Archived