The Official England World Cup Thread

AndyFal36

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lallana could easily be Liverpool's next Charlie Adam imho. Media have him pigeonholed as another of England's bright young things, but he's 26 now compared to Sterling, Barkley, Ox, Shaw, Wilshere etc. who are all 18-22.

England would actually be somewhat exciting to watch with those five playing.

is Johnson really the ONLY player in that position.

Well apparently Clyne, Chambers and Flanagan weren't even good enough to back-up Johnson and with injury to Walker and Richards being cast out (rightly so for once) from the squad, who else is going to play there?

Not to forget Matt Lowton either.

None of the players I've mentioned are spectacular but then neither is Johnson, soooo...

Milner obvs..

What, the man who plays on the wing in an offensive manner, prefers to play central midfield, and was harshly criticised for the only 90 minutes he's ever played at RB in his life?

Yeah, Milner is the man :D

Praising Barkley for his shot :lol:Should be criticising his inability to find the man running into the box (Sturridge?) completely unmarked and almost certain to score.
The idea he is creative is a myth. I am a big fan but he is very raw and doesn't open teams up enough with his passing

Well apparently Clyne, Chambers and Flanagan weren't even good enough to back-up Johnson and with injury to Walker and Richards being cast out (rightly so for once) from the squad, who else is going to play there?

Not to forget Matt Lowton either.

None of the players I've mentioned are spectacular but then neither is Johnson, soooo...

\o/ It's Phil Jones! \o/

Seriously though, as a Liverpool fan I'd rather have Flanno there instead of Johnson. Would be quite exciting in a way, God knows what Flanno would get up to out there, but he'd love every second.

The idea he is creative is a myth. I am a big fan but he is very raw and doesn't open teams up enough with his passing

Not sure who said he was creative? My point was that you can't really praise someone for taking a 25 yard pot shot when there's a very obvious pass on. If he does the right thing and plays through the striker it's most likely 1-0. Doesn't need to be that creative or capable, wasn't a hard pass. The player even called for it. He just flat out ignored the option and shot. It's a lack of intelligence...poor decision making.

He's young and he's still going to learn but he likes to shoot from range from the games I've seen him in. And that sort of habit is hard to drill out of players.

Not sure who said he was creative? My point was that you can't really praise someone for taking a 25 yard pot shot when there's a very obvious pass on. If he does the right thing and plays through the striker it's most likely 1-0. Doesn't need to be that creative or capable, wasn't a hard pass. The player even called for it. He just flat out ignored the option and shot. It's a lack of intelligence...poor decision making.He's young and he's still going to learn but he likes to shoot from range from the games I've seen him in. And that sort of habit is hard to drill out of players.
I don't think he saw the pass that is a lack of creativity and I was just building upon what you were saying.

team should be:

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Glenbo (ugh); Gerrard, Wilshere; Welbeck, Barkley, Sterling; Sturridge

Lallana, Henderson and Rooney have either not done anything or not enough.

team should be:

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Glenbo (ugh); Gerrard, Wilshere; Welbeck, Barkley, Sterling; Sturridge

Do you mean in an England shirt or this season? Because Henderson's done far more this season than Wilshere has in every season he's had put together :D

Personally my XI would be (bearing in mind I'm just some Scot):

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson (nobody else); Milner (to make up for Johnson being ****), Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling; Lallana; Sturridge.

Although tbh, take Henderson out and stick in Barry and you have a far better, more balanced side. I can't see England doing well against any creative sorts without a Barry-type figure in there. A proper holding player.

Do you mean in an England shirt or this season? Because Henderson's done far more this season than Wilshere has in every season he's had put together :D

Personally my XI would be (bearing in mind I'm just some Scot):

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson (nobody else); Milner (to make up for Johnson being ****), Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling; Lallana; Sturridge.

Although tbh, take Henderson out and stick in Barry and you have a far better, more balanced side. I can't see England doing well against any creative sorts without a Barry-type figure in there. A proper holding player.

I still find it bizarre we didnt take Barry or Carrick. Also wonder who will take up that role in future.

team should be:

Get Ox in instead of Sterling (if fit) and you're spot on imo. Hendo's had a good season but Wilshere's just better.

Archived