"Blue and White" - A FM14 Video Diary

Greetings from the west coast of Canada!

I'd like to invite all of you to check out my ongoing video review and streaming series "Blue And White", which chronicles my adventures (and, let's be honest, frequent misadventures) as manager of Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Major League Soccer:

http://www.youtube.ca/steelswords <-- episodes are posted here

http://www.twitch.tv/rituro <-- livestreams happen here

Who are you?

My name is Rituro. I'm an avid soccer fan and passionate supporter of both the 'Caps and my hometown club, Victoria Highlanders FC. I started playing the FM series back in 2009 when it was still called "Worldwide Soccer Manager" here in North America and was instantly hooked. WSM/FM wasn't my first experience with digital management, though; my very first foray into watching pixellated players dance back and worth was an old DOS-era game called (and I hope I'm not butchering this) Bundesliga Manager Professional, or "BMP" as the install folder called it.

What does "Blue and White" mean?

Blue and white are the primary colours of the Whitecaps' kit, hence their nickname (and my series' name) of "Blue and White".

So, why should I watch you?

Good question. From what I've gathered, very few FM streamers or video creators are focusing on MLS. Considering how much effort goes into replicating the league's many unique rules as faithfully as possible, I find that to be somewhat of a travesty. Why shouldn't we be showing off the wild and wacky world of salary cap-induced parity in all its crazy glory? In that vein, I try to keep things as exciting as possible by summarizing my "off-camera" playtimes at the beginning of each episode and focusing on one or two featured matches. That way, you get a solid slice of the MLS experience without committing hours of your life.

Now, you may be saying, "but isn't MLS too confusing for a newbie to follow?" Not to worry; I've already been interacting with some of my viewers, explaining how the league works and answering other questions along those lines. If you happen to join in on a livestream, leave a comment or send a tweet my way (@ThatRituroGuy), I'm more than willing to interact and answer as many of your questions as I can. After all, once you get past all the rules, it's still just kicking a ball towards (and into) the back of a net.

Also, I tend to get really excited when people score, so, there'll probably be cheering and such.

Do you do anything else?

Yes! I also stream StarCraft II, Team Fortress 2 and various random games. Outside of the world of streaming, I write for a Whitecaps blog (surprise, surprise), Eighty Six Forever, and a gaming website, Toronto Thumbs.

~

If you made it this far, thanks for reading and I hope you'll give my series a look!

Archived