much higher defensive line

A much higher defensive line would suit a defence who are very fast - perhaps coupled with a sweeper keeper too. You're conceding when facing one on ones because the opposition are encouraging through balls and probably have quite quick attackers. I am assuming your much higher defensive line is a part of your overall tactic so perhaps the solution is to cut off the passes at the source.

Try and ask your midfielders to close down the opposition's. If you're confident you have the personnel to pull this off then go ahead and ask them to close players down, mark tighter or whatever you feel would get the job done.

Not too long ago you may remember Jurgen Klopp stating in the press that the key to stopping C. Ronaldo is to stop Xabi Alonso. Perhaps you could apply the same logic here.

A much higher defensive line will be an issue if you have people getting in behind you. An offside trap is recommended for a high line. A sweeper keeper if you have an appropriate 1 is good too. Failing that, drop the line back.

i meant i pay 30m per year to team but i can pay 50m so 20m available.im not talking transfer budget.when it comes to contract page with player i can only offer 3.9m per year while i have 20m available.

Depends on squad status of the player and how much the board feel you should be allowed to offer. I am sure if Wenger has £20m a year to spend on wages, and he is signing me to be his 5th choice goalkeeper for example, the board are hardly going to let him give me all of it.

Archived