Is it possible to put salary caps on?

sinnott99

I would like to add a salary cap to the Barclays premier league to make it more of a level playing field. 1) I am not even sure if this is possible 2) I don't know how to do this if it is.

Just some guidance on how to do it would be much appreciated.

thanks

if you go into the editor then add nation rules to existing league. select england, navigate to divisions-premier league-fixture rules then add maximum yearly wage. that should work.

Sorry you didn't word that very well. How do you do it?

make sure your save file is here: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data

then when you start a new game there should be an option to load new database/rules

I found out the problem and started a holiday save.

I not only added a salary cap of £75million but also that teams are only allowed 6 foreign players in their matchday squad and only 3 non eu players in their matchday squad.3 seasons in and the results are very interesting.

Man city relegated in season 2 after surviving the first season by 1 point. Everton win title. Fulham get Champo league.

Also i noticed that in general the level of wages goes up.

For example the lowest salary is £48 million (Stoke) and the highest i £100million (Chelsea, still). Which is stark contrast to anohter one of my saves games where man city have like £120/30 million salary then Barnsley (newly promoted) is only spending £15 million. Makes for the league to be much more unpredictable. I love it, imo should be introduced in real life.

Archived