Long Saves - Regen Quality

I'm into in my 12th season now with Man Utd. I'm noticing how the quality of regens is going down as each season goes on. I have a 5 star scout with 20/20 for JPA & JPP. In the player search window, setting the filter to search for players no older than 18, with unrealistic transfers unticked, the search only finds 7 players with a PA of 4 stars or higher. In much earlier seasons, this search would have found 10 times as many with 4 star PA's or higher. It's getting to the point where I'm struggling to find any young players to sign who have any kind of quality. A few times of late, I've just gone and signed a few players as I knew I needed some young players at the club/on loan etc. but they wouldn't have been ones I normally would have considered to sign, but had to as there were no better ones I could find, by either checking scouts reports or doing a lot of manual scouting myself. Has anyone else here who has done a long term save and found that the quality of regens tend to drop away over time?

How much has your squad improved? Among other things, the star rating system is relative to your team's ability.

On my Partick Thistle save, I've just won the Champions League and have a squad flooded with young talent. As such, it's very rare for me to find a 4*+ potential player - I find a 3* star PA player and I know he could eventually be a first team player for me. A 4* player could be shaped into a star player for me and a 5* player is basically the next Messi. Whereas when I started the save, I'd find loads of 4-5* PA players, because my team was weaker.

Archived