c Roles and Duties in systems (help needed)

Hi,

How do you go about achieving tactical balance in a system?

Ive got a predefined vision of how i want to play. Say Fluid , control and 433 formation

Having read pairs and combinations thread i have an idea of say roles that dont go well together but i dont know which ones suit my desired philosophy

ive tried leaving everything on default - average results

ive tried to match all of my players to their recommended best roles by the assistant - dont trust him but results were slightly better. Front 3 of IF supprt, False 9 and Winger attack just doesnt seem to be balanced

can anyone help ?????

That front 3 actually seems like a pretty good combination of roles and duties to me provided you have the players for each role. But they need someone linking play from midfield or else it's all for naught.

Personally in a 4-3-3 I like a central midfield trio of a CM(A) and BBM(S) to make forward runs to link up to my front 3, and then an Anchor Man in the DM slot to help keep things tight at the back. There are many combinations that will work, you just have to consider how you're going to link midfield to attack and provide defensive support.

With the front 3 you described I'd ideally have a CWB(A) or WB(A) on the left side running wide to provide width, and a FB(S) on the right to compensate for the attacking winger. This is all assuming I had the appropriate players available.

I've had a lot of success with such a system. Check out JDownie's "Modern 4-3-3" thread for some ideas on how to succeed with the formation.

That front 3 actually seems like a pretty good combination of roles and duties to me provided you have the players for each role. But they need someone linking play from midfield or else it's all for naught.

Personally in a 4-3-3 I like a central midfield trio of a CM(A) and BBM(S) to make forward runs to link up to my front 3, and then an Anchor Man in the DM slot to help keep things tight at the back. There are many combinations that will work, you just have to consider how you're going to link midfield to attack and provide defensive support.

Yeah my midfield was giving me loads of trouble . Im somewhat stubborn and dont want to play with a play-maker. For me its too predictable. So i Had Anchor ,B2B and CM (s) and ratings were very poor. about 6.5 average

will give that thread a read, thanks

The front 3 lacks a clear goal scorer. It's got 2 support duties plus a winger who will stay wide. Changing the IF/S to an IF/A might help.

Would you be of the opinion if a play is an IF (s) he is capable of playing as IF (a).

I was worried that results would be poor if i relied on players that cant perform certain duties. Surely an IF with low composure and finishing would be useless as an attacker

My view is that I'd rather build a tactic from the bottom up, rather that top down, which is what you seem to be doing.

By that, I mean I'll have a vision in my head of the specific movement I want from my team when attacking and defending, and I'll then translate into Roles and Duties.

Roles dictate the Fluidity I'll use (I stick to, or close to, the Twelve Step Guide here), and Mentality is pretty flexible, and can be tweaked with Team Instructions to be pretty different to the default Mentality anyway.

By forcing yourself into fitting stuff into a certain Mentality, Fluidity and formation, you might be limiting your options to the point that you can't make a decision.

Archived