The Anyone But Netherlands Thread

Hom3r

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off.

First dive -> yellow card (which wasn't given ofcourse). Second dive in final minute -> instead of winning the match, second yellow card and with 10 on the pitch for extra time + Robben suspended for a potential quarter final.

Seems a bit split here in Holland, well at least in my little corner of Holland, 1 guy down the street has taken his flags down saying he does not want to support the team and how they play and cheat.

Also overheard a woman talking in the supermarket and she was saying she only ever watches Holland play football and no other games and she was asking if all the players kept falling over like Robben did.

Of course there are the other ones that don't care how they win as long as they win.

For me the sooner they get put out the better, such a shame as I used to enjoy watching the Dutch sides of the past and the way they used to play football.

Man. I enjoy this thread more than any other.

I love the New Dutch Style, Total Football Plus, whatever you want to call it. Offering royal helpings of their own medicine. The gnashing of teeth worldwide is music to my ears :cool:

Robben diving against Mexico, Krul being a ****...

ANYBODY BUT NETHERLANDS. :mad:

Based on some comments on this board: :D

Netherlands = cheaters = so anybody but them

Argentina = boring team = so anybody but them

Brazil = thugs = so anybody but them

Germany = arrogant = so anybody but them

Netherlands more arrogant than Germany tbf.

Germany the best of a bad bunch. At least the Germans play decent football (although not so much this tournament but I'm gonna put that down to the awful idea of 4CBs in a back four and a RB at DM). Brazil and Argentina are awful to watch and the Netherlands, whilst maybe a bit better to watch than the other two (maybe three over Germany), are awful for arrogance.

I must admit growing up I always rooted for the Dutch & Brazil as they were the best footballing sides around. Haven't really supported Holland since their disgusting antics against Spain in the last World Cup final. Saying that I would rather they, Germany, or Argentina won rather than the cheats from Brazil. Mind you Brazil should win as they still have their most important person with them, otherwise known as the ref.

The arrogance from this Dutch side is completely unwarranted and is what turns people against them.

Doesn't matter, semi finals.

I'm perhaps the biggest advocate of total, or dominant, football on these boards, but even I can enjoy our completely out-of-nowhere success story.

Don't understand the allegations of arrogance against the Dutch, other than maybe Robben and Sneijder, in whose case their arrogance is largely justified as well-placed self-confidence.

When you belittle your own teams reserve goalie because of how little he earns in comparison then you're an arrogant dick.

When you belittle your own teams reserve goalie because of how little he earns in comparison then you're an arrogant dick.

Took place years ago and only concerned one player of the current roster. If you want to judge the entire Dutch squad based on that incident go ahead.

But there's something about the Netherlands team this year that stopped me from rooting for them

You and a gazillion others. And I know why. We just might win the thing.

It was always easy to cheer on Oranje because we played nice football and had nice lads. And lost in the end. That's over. No more Mr Nice Orange! We play for keeps and it scares the crap out of everyone :cool:

Took place years ago and only concerned one player of the current roster. If you want to judge the entire Dutch squad based on that incident go ahead.

Let them hate. I enjoy this way more than the previous 25 years wherein everybody loved us, but we would crash and burn at the first real hurdle.

Did I say anything about the rest of the squad? I highlighted one player and it was a response to the he just has well placed self-confidence comment.

Let them hate. I enjoy this way more than the previous 25 years wherein everybody loved us, but we would crash and burn at the first real hurdle.

I enjoy winning and I enjoy beautiful football. We haven't won anything yet but our football isn't good at all. If we are defeated by Argentina in the next round, I'd much rather go out playing good football than with this counter-attacking machine. But hey, that's just me!

I was rooting for the Netherlands yesterday because I wanted a rematch of Argentina-Holland. Having said that, and despite some issues like the Martins-Robben incident and Van Gaal´s arrogance and stupid remarks, the Dutch team is using Flamengo facilities and they were very good in PR, impressing everyone with their openess and empathy.

But then Krul was such an idiot trying to gain leverage on the Costa Rica players (imo should be cautioned and ejected upon insistence but the referee was a moron) that I had to resort in all my rationality to keep rooting for them.

Against Argentina would be easier, but I like Messi so much that I intend to be neutral at this moment.

Cheers,

Tele

You and a gazillion others. And I know why. We just might win the thing.

It was always easy to cheer on Oranje because we played nice football and had nice lads. And lost in the end. That's over. No more Mr Nice Orange! We play for keeps and it scares the crap out of everyone :cool:

yeah now you play crap football with dislikeable players and still won't win anything.

Archived