[FM14] Northern Ireland: This is an unpredictable journey

brenosantos

224111_215799798438204_229500_n.jpg

I'm an old man from Gibraltar called Joan McPennessey. I already have more than 50 years old, but i didn't have lived those years very well. But now, i'm changed. I'm going for a journey, an unpredictable journey in Northern Ireland. The starting team will be Wakehurst FC, nowadays placed in the Belfast Telegraph Championship 1, after a tough promotion in the last season.

CLUB HISTORY

Wakehurst is an intermediate, Northern Irish football club playing in NIFL Championship 2. The club, founded in 1969, hails from Ballymena, although plays its home matches at Warden Street. Club colours are black, and white (home) and red and white (away). Wikipedia

We didn't have many trophies, our only win was in 2014, when the Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 was conquered by us.

Club Profile - Now you can see our great level. Or not.

Team Info - I liked this, because Wakehurst is a team without history, so we can build our own.

Manager Profile - Trying to play with an old style, we have a 4-4-2 formation and we are proud of it. In resume, i think that the club is going to the correct direction.

Squad - Our most valuable player costs R$ 1,9K, something like € 625. That's all.

Finances - We aren't doing very well, although we are not spending more than the board allow for us.

I have loaded all UK leagues (England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland), with 24000 players.

WAKEHURST FC 2013/14 SEASON - The start of the dream

wakehurst_logo.gif

It was my first season in charge of Wakehurst and decided not move much on the team, making only occasional signings, in large part because of our finances. We have signed three players, Sammy Foster, goalkeeper who joined from Tobermore United and Aaron Robinson, who joined from Shankill. The another one were Gary Brown, who's nowadays in Glebe FC.

My aim was to stay in C2, but we went further and got the title after winning Glebe (2nd placed) for 1-0 with one round to play.

League Table | Match of the title

Player of the season - Conor Gregg was extremely important for our team, scoring for 14 times in 28 matches and being one of the league topscorers. With a 6.97 average rating, he also provided four assists in the last season, and still our principal striker.

Jason Paul, Mark Crawford, Ross Steele and Stephen Mellon were important players too.

WAKEHURST FC 2014/15 MIDSEASON UPDATE - Nothing to celebrate

LEAGUE TABLE - We had started the championship very well, with seven points from three games. But pause for Cup games (4 games in a row) disrupted our plans. After that, we were without a win in nine games with three draws and six losses, which made us very close to the relegation zone. After we change tactics, however, returned to good form and we are now in a position a little more comfortable.

STEEL & SONS CUP - We were eliminated by Ballymoney United, playing in the third division. Another poor performance from our team.

LEAGUE CUP - After a game against Ballinamallard United where we won 3-2, we did, despite losing, one of our best games of the year, where we face Cliftonville and fought hard, with 1-0 being so unfair.

ANTRIM SHIELD CUP - An early exit against Ards took us out of the competition.

INTERMEDIATE CUP - After a tense match against Ards Rangers (disputing the lower divisions) we won 3-2 after extra time. However, we were not effective against Glebe and lost 2-0 in a poor performance.

IRISH CUP - We've faced Glebe again, and this time it was an exciting game, which we've started well, but took a goal after 90 minutes. The game went to penalties and we got the win. In the next phase, we will face Dergview, playing in the 3rd division.

TRANSFERS

ercRX.jpg

With the upcoming new season had to go back for reinforcements, since our squad was bad for the division level above. We brought in some players, mostly on free transfers. However, my favorite player is veteran Jimmy McIlhaga, using his experience and determination in favor of the team. Shay Arbuthnot is another player I like a lot, due to its good performance in midfield.

Shay Arbuthnot Profile | Jimmy McIlhagga Profile

WAKEHURST FC 2014/15 FINAL UPDATE - Good but not enough

FKEpg.jpg

LEAGUE TABLE - This is so disappointing! We started in a sensational way the second part of the championship and got to take the lead. However, in the final rounds haven't obtained good results against weak teams and ended up losingthe playoff spot. If there is one thing for which we should be proud of, however, is the great season for Conor Gregg, who scored 15 goals this year. The 2-0 against Distillery, winners at the moment was remarkable and needs to be remembered. The match against Limavady United (3-2) was also marked by the turn and the two controversial goals from Wakehurst at the end of the game.

IRISH CUP - A terrible start against Dergview took us out of the competition. Emphasis on the Wakehurst goal disallowed after 91 minutes, which generated much controversy.

New Contract

Boardroom Confidence

Finances

New Tactic

Player of the Year

Best eleven of the Year

MANAGER HISTORY

Season      Team      League      Position      Achievement
--------------------------------------------------------------
13/14     Wakehurst   NID3          1st           D3 Winners
14/15     Wakehurst   NID2          5th              ###

WAKEHURST FC 2015/16 PRE-SEASON UPDATE

224111_215799798438204_229500_n.jpg

BOARD EXPECTATIONS

Belfast Telegraph Division 1: Win promotion

Northern Irish Cup: Sixth round

Northern Irish County Antrim Shield: Be competitive

Northern Irish Steel & Sons Cup: Quarter Final

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup: Fourth Round

Northern Irish League Cup: Be competitive

MANAGER EXPECTATIONS

Belfast Telegraph Division 1: Win promotion

Northern Irish Cup: Quarter Final

Northern Irish County Antrim Shield: Semi Final

Northern Irish Steel & Sons Cup: Win the trophy

Northern Irish Intermediate Cup: Fourth Round

Northern Irish League Cup: Be competitive

PRE-SEASON MATCHES

fK056.jpg

A decent pre-season with a 2-1-1 record. A good draw against scottish side Ayr and two wins against Carrick and Rasharkin, our new feeder team. But our loss against Donegal Celtic is something to be reviewed. My assistant manager was in the command of those games.

TRANSFERS

ZbbTQ.jpg

We have allowed multiple players to leave after the end of their contracts, for wanting more than we could afford or for weren't in the plans for the season. In return, we brought eight new players to the squad, some experiments and other experienced players to compose our squad.

James Nesbitt (MC) | Owen Peden (M/AMRC) | Mark Hegarty (DC) | Matthew Brown (MRC) | Mark Magennis (M/AMRC) | Stuart Thompson (DRLC) | Gary Doods (DC) | Mark Holland (DC/MR/ST)

Archived