No foreigners in domestic leagues

vkatinen

Hello :)

This has probably been asked before, but what's the quickest way to eliminate foreigners from european leagues? Would I have to change every nation's rules, re-do the divisions and all that?

Also, if anyone has a link to such a database, it'd be of great help.

Thanks

Go into advanced rules and set foreign players to zero.

Then to remove foreign players from that country, go into editor and the "people" section, then say if this is England you are doing it for, go into the filter and set Nation to England and then add another filter and have it be Nation of Birth and set it as "is not" England and it will bring up every player playing in England who was not born in England. Highlight the top guy, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list, hold shift and then click on the last guy. This will highlight every single player in the list. Then click on edit, go to contracts and simply release form their english club team.

Thank you...but is it possible to do that without manually re-doing every competition tree... Maybe through the advanced rules somehow? Setting every transfer window to domestic transfers only? Would it exclude free transfers?

For each nation, go into the continent transfer preferences tab and set every continent to -1. In theory this should prevent clubs from this nation from making any foreign transfers, but I've never tried this so I don't know if it actually works.

I edited England, and put all continents (excluding Europe, because it crashes the game) to a -1 transfer preference. Then, I put all European nations on -1 (all with age range 14-45).

I ran a test and I don't think it did anything. City signed Dante, United signed Santon...

I also tried the advanced rules idea. Fiddled around with squad selection rules, but nothing happened. If anyone could tell me exactly how to do it, I'll make a no foreigners in Europe file and upload it for your use. (That is, if I don't have to re-do all the trees)

• 2 weeks later...
Go into advanced rules and set foreign players to zero.

Then to remove foreign players from that country, go into editor and the "people" section, then say if this is England you are doing it for, go into the filter and set Nation to England and then add another filter and have it be Nation of Birth and set it as "is not" England and it will bring up every player playing in England who was not born in England. Highlight the top guy, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list, hold shift and then click on the last guy. This will highlight every single player in the list. Then click on edit, go to contracts and simply release form their english club team.

This would be the easiest way to do it if you want to completely remove foriegner's from the league.. as players that have played in the country long enough can take up that country's nationality to side step the rule, so yes you would have to do it for each league in a nation.. i've created something similar where the premership can have 8 full foreigner's, Championship 4, Leagues 1 & 2 can have 2, and so on.. it's already had an effect on the transfer policy of the big clubs with Man utd shelling out around £35m on Townsend and Rose from tottenham.. City buying the likes of Joe Lewis as backup players..

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to do this myself and must be missing something, because I simply cannot find any option within either the basic or advanced rules that allows my to change the number of foreigners allowed in a competition.

Could someone be kind enough to do an absolutely basic step by step guide to finding this setting?

I have files that eliminate foreigners from all competitions for every european country and all of default countries in FM.

If you want i could send the files to you in pm, i'm not going to publish it due to various reasons though

• 2 weeks later...

It's not something difficult.

You open up the editor, load your database and add rules to the existing nation. You switch it to advanced rules. And there you adjust the selection and squad rules to 0 foreigners.

But, you have to modify agreements such as EU too, or delete these agreements and/or nations in the country record. There"s set what countries (or group of countries) are considered non-foreign.

For full effect you have to edit as much nations/competitions as possible. As of now I have 125 nations done, and i will release in one of the following days. But I have some tests to run before I do. And have to change my existing file with european continental cups.

Don Biglia, what are you doing with foreigners already playing for these clubs? Do you have to manually change their club to one in their home country?

I've always wanted to see how the Argentine 1st division would look like if every argentinian player were playing in their home country, but it doesn't seem to be easy to do it in FM Editor.

Good question :D

I'm releasing all foreign players in the database, manually, for each existing country, so also those who are not playable.

That's the easy part :( Then there are many free players. So for optimal use the biggest players are assigned a team in their home country.

I do this based on their previous club in their country, if none, i choose a club on my own for them. I try not to put al international argentinians at boca (just as an example). But try to create some equality amongst them. But some clubs are in the advantage if they have for instance a good youth centre like Ajax for instance.

Then there is the "problem" of second nationality, players like Messi, to stay with the Argentina example, have spanish nationality, or italian many. For the big players I also try to delete those, but doing it for every player is next to impossible I'm afraid.

Most of them will, so that's that's also the reason i do only the big players. It's because some of them otherwise don't want to sign at a much less salary than they're used to. I also intend to raise the reputation (and/or make them more or less equal to each other) of the competitions, that also makes things easier.

I've given up with this, there always seem to be some obscure problem that occurs as you get through the game that spoils it.

Thanks for the effort, Don, but I guess this is why they removed the 'free transfer all players' option from the editor.

It''s not really crashes or the like, it's just that all players suddenly want massive contracts, clubs end up with about 6 players in their first team, big name players would rather retire than accepting a contract on lower money and so on.

Which country are you playing in? Always good to know.

But as said above, i try to assign the big name players a team to not let them retire at the very start of the game. What they do afterwards i have little control over offcourse :)

After a few years those things are more leveled out I think. I'm currently in the year 2030 and don't see real problems on that point.

Archived