Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

Jean-Pierre Papin is a former French professional football player who was European Footballer of the Year in 1991. Papin achieved his greatest success while playing for Olympique Marseille between 1986 and 1992.

During Papin's hugely successful spell at Olympique Marseille, with the Frenchman as striker and team leader Marseille won four French league championships in a row (1989–1992), a French league and cup double in 1989 and reached the final of the European Champions Cup in 1991, losing to Red Star Belgrade after a penalty shootout. During this period, Papin was the French league's top scorer for five consecutive seasons (from 1988 to 1992). While at Marseille he won the Ballon d'or, awarded to Europe's top footballer, in 1991. He is the only player to win this award while playing for a French club. At club level, he scored 157 goals in 254 appearances for Olympique de Marseille .

Here he is back at Marseille at just 23 years of age. Welcome Back to the NINE OF HEARTS!

Jean-PierrePapin_OverviewProfile-3_zps454da55e.png

Great but I'd slam his teamwork and workrate down to single figures. Never saw him until there was a goal chance. The team had to carry him. Very much one of the dying breed of poachers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great but I'd slam his teamwork and workrate down to single figures. Never saw him until there was a goal chance. The team had to carry him. Very much one of the dying breed of poachers.

Agreed. Screenshot has now been updated. :thup:

Robert Frederick Chelsea Moore

He captained West Ham United for more than ten years and was captain of the England team that won the 1966 World Cup. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest defenders of all time, and was cited by Pelé as the greatest defender that he had ever played against. Moore is a member of the World Team of the 20th Century.

He won a total of 108 caps for the England team, which at the time of his international retirement in 1973 was a national record. This record was later broken by 125-cap goalkeeper Peter Shilton. Moore's total of 108 caps continued as a record for outfield players until 28 March 2009, when David Beckham gained his 109th cap.

On the verge of his greatest triumph, details were released to the press in early 1966 that Moore wanted to leave West Ham. Moore had let his contract slip to termination, and only after the intervention of Sir Alf Ramsey and realisation he was technically ineligible to play, did he re-sign with West Ham to allow him to captain the England team of 1966. Ramsey had summoned West Ham manager Ron Greenwood to England's hotel and told the two of them to resolve their differences and get a contract signed up. Moore was the leader of the World Cup winning side and established himself as a world-class player and sporting icon. With all their games at Wembley, England had got through their group with little trouble, they then beat Argentina in their quarter final and a Eusébio-led Portugal team in the semi-finals. West Germany awaited in the final.

In the final, England went 0–1 down through Helmut Haller, but Moore's awareness and quick-thinking helped England to a swift equaliser. He was fouled by Wolfgang Overath midway inside the German half and, rather than remonstrate or head back into defence, he picked himself up quickly while looking ahead and delivered an instant free kick on to Hurst's head, in a movement practised at West Ham. Hurst scored.

The West Ham connection to England's biggest day became stronger when Peters scored to take England 2–1 up, but the Germans equalised in the final minute of normal time through Wolfgang Weber – as Moore appealed unsuccessfully for a handball decision – to take the match into extra time.

Ramsey was convinced the Germans were exhausted, and after Hurst scored a controversial and heavily debated goal, the game looked over. With seconds remaining, and England under the pressure of another German attack, the ball broke to Moore on the edge of his own penalty area. Team-mates shouted at Moore to just get rid of the ball, but he calmly picked out the feet of Hurst 40 yards (40 m) upfield, they knew it wasn't all over until the final whistle but in that moment, Martin Peters scored England's fourth and the World Cup belonged to England and Bobby Moore to this day is the only England Captain to lift the World Cup.

Of many memorable images from that day, one is of Moore wiping his hands clean of mud and sweat on the velvet tablecloth before shaking the hand of Queen Elizabeth II as she presented him with the Jules Rimet trophy.

"My captain, my leader, my right-hand man. He was the spirit and the heartbeat of the team. A cool, calculating footballer I could trust with my life. He was the supreme professional, the best I ever worked with. Without him England would never have won the World Cup." - Alf Ramsey

"Moore was the best defender I have ever seen." Sir Alex Ferguson

"Bobby Moore was the best defender in the history of the game" Franz Beckenbauer

"Immaculate footballer. Imperial defender. Immortal hero of 1966. First Englishman to raise the World Cup aloft. Favourite son of London's East End. Finest legend of West Ham United. National Treasure. Master of Wembley. Lord of the game. Captain extraordinary. Gentleman of all time." Inscription on the pedestal of the statue at Wembley Stadium.

Here he is, just 24 years old at West Ham, Can he win the World Cup again? We are about to find out.

ARISE SIR BOBBY MOORE!

BobbyMoore_OverviewProfile-7_zps61e9226f.png

do you think you'll release this weekend fenech and leave all of us take a look at verison 1 of this database

Hi Liverpool,

At the moment, I do not have a release date, but as soon as I do I will announce it on here. :thup:

I really appreciate your patience while I get the completed version ready for release.

Hi French the latest players all look great good job ....... was wondering if this player is in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Beara

another link you may find useful http://footballsgreatest.weebly.com/

Hi Izagooner,

He is 26 years old playing at Red Star Belgrade and I'll do a feature on him later as I'm currently programming / codeing Scotland at the moment. :thup:

Thank you for the link. :)

The update for this database will be out at about 6pm tonight guys so hold off any game starts till then, cant wait, im just sitting here waiting till 6pm then i can start my new game. AWESOME

No, I'm releasing Scotland, the update for the game will not be out today. Thanks. :thup:

Q: When will this game be released?

A: This game will only be released once it has been completed, I do not have a definite release date yet but as soon as I do I will announce it on here, in the meantime, thank you so much for your patience while this massive project is being completed.

Can you tell me which club he was a Legend or Star for? Can you give me more information to enable a full and thorough research of him?

http://goalkeepermagazine.com/features/sweeper-keepers/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Jongbloed

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=174643/index.html

he is a sweeper keeper. Like Manuel neuer. And good natural fitness,considering he still play at 1978 final , as 38 years old man, and also, as sweeper keeper

His best time was so late, at roda JC ..

btw, 1974 final is little bit interesting.I see Wim Rijsbergen play so well at that time. but I dont know, is he a legend? is he at ur database?

http://goalkeepermagazine.com/features/sweeper-keepers/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Jongbloed

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=174643/index.html

he is a sweeper keeper. Like Manuel neuer. And good natural fitness,considering he still play at 1978 final , as 38 years old man, and also, as sweeper keeper

His best time was so late, at roda JC ..

btw, 1974 final is little bit interesting.I see Wim Rijsbergen play so well at that time. but I dont know, is he a legend? is he at ur database?

Hi Adsuperjenius,

Thanks for the information. I shall do some more research on Jan.

Wim isn't there but I shall do some research on him as well. :thup:

I don't think they are legends, but they were internationals so I will try to get them in the database.

I will get back to you when I have any further updates on them.

Aberdeen Football Club are a Scottish professional football club based in Aberdeen. They compete in the Scottish Premiership having won four league titles and seven Scottish Cups, including a record three in a row during the 1980s, the only time a team other than Rangers has done this since 1882. They are also the only Scottish team to have won two European trophies, both in the same year, and have never been relegated from the top division of the Scottish football league system.

Formed in 1903 as a result of the amalgamation of three clubs from Aberdeen, they rarely challenged for honours until the post war decade, when they won each of the major Scottish trophies under manager Dave Halliday. This level of success was surpassed in the 1980s, when, under the management of Alex Ferguson, they won three league titles, four Scottish Cups and a Scottish League Cup, alongside the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and the UEFA Super Cup, both in 1983. Aberdeen were the last club outside of the Old Firm to win a league title, in 1984–85, and also the last Scottish team to win a European trophy. The team has enjoyed less success since this golden era, but a 19 year wait for a major trophy was ended by winning the 2013–14 Scottish League Cup.

Please note that this might not be the final Aberdeen team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: Dick Donald

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson

Aberdeen_SquadPlayers-3_zps006f708a.png

Jack Hather

The only English born player in the Aberdeen squad that won the league title in 1955. Hather joined Aberdeen from Annfield Plain in December 1948. After a spell in the reserve side he took over on the left wing from the legendary Tom Pearson. Hather's great asset was his pace and he was known as 'The Hare'. Former team mate Bob Wishart declared that Jackie was the quickest player he had ever seen and was an ideal foil for him as an inside forward. Hather went on to make 351 appearances for the Dons, scoring an impressive 104 goals. During his spell at Pittodrie he gained a League and League Cup winners medals and played in three Scottish Cup Finals. Remarkably Hather played his entire career with only one kidney, a condition that rarely seen to handicap him as he became one of the most prolific wingers in British football. His son John, signed for Aberdeen in 1970.

JackHather_OverviewProfile-3_zps2f0b9c88.png

Celtic Football Club is a football club in Glasgow, Scotland which plays in the Scottish Premiership. Since playing its first game in 1888, Celtic has never been relegated. Celtic have a long-standing rivalry with Rangers; the two clubs are collectively known as the Old Firm. Celtic have won the Scottish League Championship on 45 occasions, only bested by Rangers, most recently in the 2013–14 season, the Scottish Cup 36 times and the Scottish League Cup 14 times. In 1967, Celtic won an unprecedented quintuple: not only becoming the first British team to win the European Cup but also winning the Scottish League Championship, the Scottish Cup, the Scottish League Cup, and the Glasgow Cup. Celtic also reached the 1970 European Cup Final, and the 2003 UEFA Cup Final.

We welcome back many members of that 1967 European Cup triumph. They will run Hoops around you if you let them, They are the emerald team in Scotland.

HERE COMES THE CELTIC BHOYS!

Director: Sir Robert Kelly

Manager: Jock Stein

Celtic_SquadPlayers-3_zpsc28c3515.png

James Edward "Jimmy" McGrory was a Scottish International football player, who played for Celtic.

He is the all-time leading goalscorer in top-flight British football with a total of 485 goals (408 Scottish League/77 Scottish Cup), he also scored 53 goals in secondary cup competitions, 6 goals for the Scotland international side and another 6 goals for the Scottish League XI. McGrory is a legendary figure within Celtic's history, he is their top scorer of all time, with 469 goals in 448 games and holds their record for the most goals in a season, with 57 League and Scottish Cup goals from 39 games, in season 1926-27. He has also notched up a British top-flight record of 55 hat-tricks, 48 coming in League games and 7 from Scottish Cup ties. It could be argued he in fact scored 56, as he hit 8 goals in a Scottish League game against Dunfermline in 1928, also a British top-flight record.

Even although he was only 5 ft 6ins, he was renowned for his prowess and ability from headers. His trademark was an almost horizontal, bullet header, which he performed and scored regularly from and which earned him his nicknames, of the"Human Torpedo" and the "Mermaid".

His ability to spring into the air like an agile acrobat and deliver his trademark Bullet Headers, helped him on his way to 395 goals in only 378 league appearances for Celtic.

A staggering tally of 550 goals from just 547 competitive appearances ensures his place amid such legendary company and, when it comes to league goals, only six players in the history of the game have managed more. Muller isn’t among them, nor indeed are any of his fellow countrymen, with McGrory’s colossal haul still a record in the United Kingdom, 171 higher than that of England’s all-time leading scorer, the Everton great Dixie Dean.

"He was always Mr. McGrory to me - and to all the other players. A lovely man with a pipe. Always smartly dressed in a collar and tie, it was hard to tell he was such a dynamo of a player in his day. But then a player changes as soon as he runs on to the park. He didn't just love Celtic - he was Celtic." Billy McNeil

Here he is! 24 years Old and The Bullet Header is back in Business.

Here Comes 'The Human Torpedo'!

JimmyMcGrory_OverviewProfile-3_zpseb7dbfda.png

Rangers Football Club is a Scottish football club based in Glasgow, which plays in the Scottish Championship – the second tier of the Scottish Professional Football League. Their home ground is Ibrox Stadium in the south-west of the city.

In domestic football, Rangers have won more league titles and trebles than any other club in the world, winning the league title 54 times, the Scottish Cup 33 times and the Scottish League Cup 27 times, and achieving the treble of all three in the same season seven times. In European football, Rangers was the first British club to reach a UEFA tournament final. It won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1972 after being runner-up twice in 1961 and 1967. A third runners-up finish in Europe came in the 2008 UEFA Cup.

Founded in March 1872, Rangers were one of the ten founder members of the original Scottish Football League and remained in the top division continuously until their ejection, at the end of the 2011-12 season, due to the liquidation of The Rangers Football Club PLC. Under new ownership, the club was admitted to the fourth tier of the Scottish game for the following season. Rangers have a long-standing rivalry with Celtic, the two Glasgow clubs being collectively known as the Old Firm since the late 19th century. Rangers have to start the season under a transfer embargo.

Here Come 'The Teddy Bears'

Director: Sir David Edward Murray

Manager: Walter Smith

Rangers_SquadPlayers-3_zps7bc1727a.png

just wondering fenech did you put tom finney and nat lofthouse in the database

I can confirm that they are both 23 years old. Not in the Premiership though, (due to being one man clubs) Toms at Preston and Nats at Bolton. :thup:

THERE have been some hugely talented players who have pulled on the Light Blue over the decades and it is fair to say that John "Kitey" McPherson was the club's first superstar. The recruitment of the Ayrshireman coincided with the formation of the Scottish Football League in 1890 and he became a huge figure in what was a highly successful era for Rangers.

Indeed, he made the kind of start that dreams are made of. He scored on his Rangers debut - a 5-2 win over Hearts - scored four times in his second game, a 6-2 thumping of Renton, and then hit five goals in the 8-2 demolition of St Mirren. It was an unbelievable start, but it was no flash in the pan. McPherson was a pivotal player in 12 years on the field and subsequently a skilled administrator of the Club.

He actually played in every position for Rangers, including goalkeeper, but it was as an inside forward that he shone brightest scoring goals as well as setting them up with tremendous regularity.

He was part of the first Championship-winning team when Rangers and Dumbarton shared the inaugural Scottish League title. The two sides had finished level on points and the authorities ordered a play-off which finished 2-2 so a share was a declared. How the clubs' fortunes quickly differed. Dumbarton won the title the following season but have never been champions of Scotland since.

McPherson was captain by the time Rangers achieved one of their main ambitions, to win the Scottish Cup. They had not been in the final for 15 years when they faced Celtic at Hampden in front of 17,000 in 1894 and, fittingly, McPherson scored the third goal in a 3-1 victory over the team that was fast becoming their main rivals. Jock had scored in every round en route to the Final as Rangers finally claimed the prize seen as the Blue Riband of the Scottish game.

McPherson was on the score-sheet again when Rangers won the trophy for a second time in 1897 when Dumbarton were thrashed 5-1 and a year later the old trophy was retained when Kilmarnock were beaten 2-0. Season 1898/99 was astonishing to say the least and McPherson was a key man in a league campaign that has never been equalled anywhere in the world.

Rangers won all of their 18 league matches scoring 79 goals and conceding just 18. It was the perfect league championship win and McPherson played in 15 of the games, scoring seven times. It was the start of a wonderful stranglehold of the Scottish title and the team that did it is undoubtedly on a par with the great sides that dominated the 1920s and 30s, the late 1940s, the early 1960s and the 1990s.

With McPherson at the hub of it all, Rangers retained the title in 1899/1900 by seven points from Celtic.

He only missed two matches the following season and scored seven times as the title remained at Ibrox for a third successive year, And then Rangers made it four in a row in 1901/02, McPherson's final season in the first team. Incredibly, his final league appearance was as goalkeeper in the 3-2 win over St Mirren on January 18 1902 - a match Rangers had to win to hold off Celtic for the title - as regular keeper Mathew Dickie was injured.

It's a bit like Brian Laudrup replacing Andy Goram - no doubt Laudrup would have handled that too! McPherson had been a massive player in a fantastic era for Rangers. In 1907 he became a director of the club and served until his death in 1926.

He was simply Rangers finest player in the first 50 years and the most versatile player to ever play for Rangers. He also has the equivalent of over 100 international caps for his country and at least 60 international goals.

Welcome back Rangers First Ever SUPERSTAR: John McPherson

JohnMcPherson_OverviewProfile-3_zps7df76ba8.png

Sir Thomas Finney known as Tom Finney, was an English footballer, famous for his loyalty to his league club, Preston North End for whom he made 569 first-class appearances, and for his performances in the English national side.

Sir Tom Finney is one of England's all-time greats. Average in build but deceptively agile, strong, and powerful, his ambidextrous footwork made him a continuous threat at centre-forward. Although his club years went unnoticed, his true talents shone on the national team. The "Preston Plumber" once held a record of 30 goals in 76 caps and played 433 league games for Preston scoring 187 goals. He was also voted the Footballer of the Year in both 1954 and 1957.

Yet it was not statistics that made Tom Finney great. It was his skill and style. It was also the substance he brought with it. Finney was no show pony, there was a point to everything he did on a football field. Unlike others of similar ability, and many of less, he never kept possession if a colleague was better placed. Finney realised his job was to get the ball in the oppositions' goal, either by assisting a teammate or by putting it there himself.

As a youth Finney had been extremely small and had at first been rejected by Preston on the grounds of his size. His response was to train exhaustively to build his physique and hone his skills. Naturally left footed Finney practised with his right so much that he came to trust it more completely than his left. Despite looking frail Finney became as strong as an ox, was good in the air and could handle himself in a tackle. His shooting was powerful and he also had an eye for goal.

Above all else though Tom Finney was a consumate dribbler. He could go past a defender simply with sheer pace, he could defeat them with a shuffle of his dancing feet or he could leave them hopelessly off balance with a drop of his shoulder. Whichever method he chose the defender generally struggled for an answer.

The Football Association called him "one of England's all-time greatest players", while fellow England player Bobby Charlton said Finney's contributions to football were "immeasurable". Former team-mate and Liverpool manager, Bill Shankly, had called him "the greatest player to ever play the game" while Stanley Matthews once compared him to Diego Maradona, Pelé, George Best and Alfredo Di Stéfano.

Liverpool4life118 compared him to Ronaldo. "from what i have read tom finney was meant to be very similar player to Ronaldo"

WELCOME BACK! THE PRESTON PLUMBER (CAN ANYONE RESCUE HIM FROM DIVISION 1?!)

TomFinney_OverviewProfile-6_zps57da6aea.png

Dont forget Dundee Uniteds great team of the 80s etc Sturrock, Hegarty, Bannon, Maplpas, Narey and the list goes on, Barcelona FANS HATED US HEHEHE

I will have a look at the players and the team. I remember McAlpine..

Thanks for letting me know. :thup:

I will have a look at the players and the team. I remember McAlpine..

Thanks for letting me know. :thup:

McAlpine was a good goalkeeper, butim talking about the team that won there only SPL title ever, awesome team, beat Barcelona in the European Cup quaters at the Nou Camp do good research as it would be ashame forthis team to be missed :thup:

I haven't been here since the 1st of August.

I thought the update should be out by now. Fenech - Is it out and I missed it or it isnt out yet?

It isn't out yet but it is coming soon! You have not missed anything and I will announce on here when and how it is going to be released.

This is not a normal update, this is a massive update, so it will take a little longer than normal but it will be well worth it, I am making great progress so hopefully it will be out soon enough.

I really appreciate the support and patience of the whole community while I bring this update into reality in the quickest time possible but I won't jeopardise the quality of the update in any way by rushing it, in order to get it out sooner. I am doing it properly and making progress every day. I will continue to do so until it is completed as I want to do it the best justice possible, so that we all get the most enjoyment from it. :thup:

Vladimir Beara

Croatian-born Vladimir Beara was one of the finest goalkeepers in the world through the 1950s and rated by his contemporaries as one of the best of all-time. He won a multitude of domestic honours during his club career with Hajduk Split and, after a very controversial transfer, with Red Star Belgrade. Beara was also a mainstay of the gifted Yugoslavian team of the 1950s, representing his country in two World Cups and reaching the Olympic final in 1952.

Beara's playing career came to an end with a season at Viktoria Köln in 1963-64. When Russian Lev Yashin was named European Player of the Year in 1963, he stated that it was Beara rather than himself who had been the world's leading goalkeeper of the era.

Honours:

Olympic Games: Silver Medal 1952

Championship of Yugoslavia: 1950, 1952, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1959, 1960

Cup of Yugoslavia: 1958, 1959

"There was an entertaining, aesthetic air about him, that's why his jumps and dives with feet curled and body perfectly poised appealed. He kept goal on his toes, like a coiled spring, always ready to pounce." Bob Wilson

"I am not the best goalkeeper in the world, it is Vladimir Beara." Lev Yashin

Of course Lev Yashin was just being modest, but there can be no doubt that Vladimir Beara is a top Keeper.

VladimirBeara_OverviewProfile-4_zps1aa7b7c7.png

hi french

previously, u say that, you cant create a player, because you didnt have any idea about how him score without red card

what does this mean?that player is only score after hit the marker?

Hi,

My name is Fenech, So why do you call me French?

I'm sorry but I find it difficult sometimes to translate what you are trying to tell me, so it took a while to understand what you were saying to me. (lost in translation)

The main majority of the players goals were scored by whacking the goalkeeper, the defender and the ball, and the guy was so big and heavy that everyone including the ball ended up in the back of the net, but the shoulder barge was a legal move in those days until the FA banned it. Although they let the goals stand, they didn't pick him for England because of the way he scored.

If someone used to score all his goals by shoulder barging the goalkeeper and taking the goalkeeper, his co-defenders and the ball over the line, that is a player who used to score by fouling which happened to be legal in those days, but he wasn't picked for England because there were just as good goalscorers who scored with their feet and head, and not by bundling the ball over the line and taking a couple of players with him into the back of the net.

Not only does that take away from the integrity of the players record, it is a foul and if it was attempted today, he would be sent off every game. It isn't that I cant bring him back, I cant replicate the way he used to score and therefore it doesn't make any sense for me to bring the player back.

Hi Fenech Beara looks good as do the Celtic & Rangers squads .........

Ive been calling you French for some reason to ........ doh feels stupid now lol:o

Don't worry about it, I suppose it can be easy to see Fenech and mistake it for French, but I just want to clarify that it's Fenech which is slightly different! :lol:

The rangers are from the 20's and 30's mainly and the Celtic mainly from the 60's.. who would of won had they played each other? we will find out.. Celtic are coming in just 1st but I think Rangers have a great chance. It's just a shame I cant get rid of their transfer embargo as I think it must be hard coded into the game. :thup:

Hi,

My name is Fenech, So why do you call me French?

I'm sorry but I find it difficult sometimes to translate what you are trying to tell me, so it took a while to understand what you were saying to me. (lost in translation)

The main majority of the players goals were scored by whacking the goalkeeper, the defender and the ball, and the guy was so big and heavy that everyone including the ball ended up in the back of the net, but the shoulder barge was a legal move in those days until the FA banned it. Although they let the goals stand, they didn't pick him for England because of the way he scored.

If someone used to score all his goals by shoulder barging the goalkeeper and taking the goalkeeper, his co-defenders and the ball over the line, that is a player who used to score by fouling which happened to be legal in those days, but he wasn't picked for England because there were just as good goalscorers who scored with their feet and head, and not by bundling the ball over the line and taking a couple of players with him into the back of the net.

Not only does that take away from the integrity of the players record, it is a foul and if it was attempted today, he would be sent off every game. It isn't that I cant bring him back, I cant replicate the way he used to score and therefore it doesn't make any sense for me to bring the player back.

sorry Fenech, Im too quick to see at your id, then miserad it as "french" .now I read it more clearly .sorry

so, does this man would play football like american Rugby? (dribble down the ball, whack and bump everybody close to him,who want to stole the ball) until he scores?

sorry Fenech, Im too quick to see at your id, then miserad it as "french" .now I read it more clearly .sorry

so, does this man would play football like american Rugby? (dribble down the ball, whack and bump everybody close to him,who want to stole the ball) until he scores?

He was afraid of no one, he was strong, forceful, determined and appreciated by plenty. The idol of the Villa Park faithful, Hampton was robust in the extreme. He often barged the goalkeeper... and the ball (if he had it in his possession) into the back of the net, sometimes taking a co-defender along for good measure with one almighty shoulder-charge." It is recorded that on one occasion Hampton was able to barge the 22 stone Bill Foulkes over the line.

It's unclear if he had the ball and then barged the keeper and defender over the line, or if the goalie had the ball and he just barged the goalkeeper, taking a defender with him, but either way, he often shoulder barged into players with the ball until he ended up in the back of the net with the ball. I am pretty sure he would of got sent off today and probably given fines and bans.

"In an age when burly centre forwards ruled the football fields of Britain and goalkeepers lived in fear of the lawful shoulder charge, Harry Hampton was the most deadly marksman in the Football League.... He was an aggressive, whole-hearted competitor who, though often unpopular with opposing fans, was adored by the Villa faithful." From the book, the essential Aston Villa.

Hampton's style did not go down very well with the England selectors who preferred forwards such as Steve Bloomer, Vivian Woodward, Joe Bache, Edwin Latheron, George Holley, Alf Common, George Hilsdon, Harold Halse and George Wall.

So from my point of view, if he scored by shoulder barging, even taking Bill Foulkes over the line, he must of been of gigantic proportions, does that make him a player worthy of bringing back as a legend or a star... I don't think I could justify it.

Don't worry about it, I suppose it can be easy to see Fenech and mistake it for French, but I just want to clarify that it's Fenech which is slightly different! :lol:

The rangers are from the 20's and 30's mainly and the Celtic mainly from the 60's.. who would of won had they played each other? we will find out.. Celtic are coming in just 1st but I think Rangers have a great chance. It's just a shame I cant get rid of their transfer embargo as I think it must be hard coded into the game. :thup:

Go into the editor.

When you've accessed Rangers, go to Finances, then General.

You'll find the dates of the transfer embargo clearly visible so you should be able to amend or delete those :)

Go into the editor.

When you've accessed Rangers, go to Finances, then General.

You'll find the dates of the transfer embargo clearly visible so you should be able to amend or delete those :)

I removed the dates, but when I load it up, it still says on the news screen that they are under transfer embargo! :)

I removed the dates, but when I load it up, it still says on the news screen that they are under transfer embargo! :)

I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Have you tried changing the dates e.g. so the embargo expires the day after it started?

All else failing I would directly ask the mod on this forum, Michael F, he'll be able to get an answer I'm sure.

Archived