FMC "Instant Result" questions.

Hey SI and who else have pertinent information to shed on this.

I've begun playing more FMC than full because I like the speed.

I tend to use Instant result 30% or so of my games and have noticed that results when using "Instant Result" button are quite random - why is that?

I mean I did a trial run of one game. I'm nr. 4th in the league, 7 games won, 2 draw and 3 lost.

I then play versus nr. 18 in the league who has a pretty poor defense.

I watch the game 3 times in key mode.

Results:

1st game - I win 2-1

2nd game - I win 3-1

3rd game - I win 1-0

Then I try the same game via Instant Result button for 5 games.

Results:

1st game - I draw 2-2

2nd game - I lose 0-2

3rd game - I draw 2-2

4th game - I lose 1-3

5th game - I lose 1-2

Is it supposed to be SO random?

Is it because of a poor Ass Manager?

And then I have a striker I want to retrain into a inside forward, so I play in left inside forward position.

Play the game for a few months via instant result, but then I notice that the assistant manager during games have switched him to play striker???

I thought instant result would still play with your formation and player positions?

Firstly, comparing a small sample of three games you watched against a small sample of five Instant Results doesn't actually achieve any clear comparisons.

In the viewed matches, did you make any tactical changes, substitutions etc.?

What sort of Instant Result did you go for? Did you "Play For Win", "Smash and Grab" etc.? Was it the same option selected every time?

Lucas has said this in the recent past:

Instant Result is no different to you playing the match yourself. Instant Result is simply a set (or not, depending on Match Plan) of pre-set tactics and instructions that are applied in the match depending on the situation (time, scoreline). The matches will be different if you are replaying it because no match would be identical played twice over.

In my previous test or, "small" sample size I always chose "don't use match plan" as I hoped it would use my tactic and strategies to the letter.

And just a couple hours ago I wanted to try something, just for laughs. My League two team "Plymouth" had picked Newcastle in the Capital One cup.

When match day came, I kept using Instant Result - re-loading the game and Instant Result again and again to see the results.

8 out of 10 times I lost to Newcastle just as I am pretty sure I would have on any day. But in 2 out of 10 tries, my team experienced wins of 0-2 or 1-3.

So going from losing 8 out of 10 and then occasionally winning those 2 out of 10 without changing anything to my team setup or tactics/strategies or match plan,

that to me is quite random.

So what this is telling me, is that you can just re-load a saved game prior to match start and win all your games? Because the game can let you win if you just keep trying the match? Well what good are leaderboards then? Its the same as cheating (almost).

And what good are tactics or player attributes if match results are random?

I know that games are not supposed to play out the same every time, that is fair and realistic. But it does beg the question...

Is a match based on random match engine chances or on player/AI tactics and players - or is it both I wonder? LOL

I'll echo what RTH said. There are a lot of factors that go into a result.

There are no matches that you're going to win 100% of the time. Better players will increase your chances of winning. So will good tactics and motivational team talks etc etc.

Archived