Would like some tips ...

Hi,

Starting a new game and will be managing a struggling team in the lowest division possible.

I know my finances will be very tight and even getting new players will be a struggle. What I wanted to know what should I look for in the players, should I focus on their Technical abilities? or Mental or Physical? or should I focus on stats for their positions.

Thanks.

Keep your squad small, make sure you don't overpay in wages and concentrate on the basics.

I usually work with a squad size of about 20-22 players and then youth squad backing it up. I don't have a reserve squad at all, it just sucks up wages for no benefit.

Choose a formation then aim for two players for each position (Look for players who can play several positions to give you options).

Also try to sign positive personalities as this will help you in the long run and check their playing history for signs of consistency/inconsistency.

You won't find many good technical players in the lowest division, so concentrate on a mixture of physical/positional stats in my opinion. Once you start advancing up the leagues, you'll be able to sign more technically gifted players. It may also depend on which country you're managing in, but as a good rule of thumb, most lower tier players are more physical than technical

Keep your squad small, make sure you don't overpay in wages and concentrate on the basics.

I usually work with a squad size of about 20-22 players and then youth squad backing it up. I don't have a reserve squad at all, it just sucks up wages for no benefit.

Choose a formation then aim for two players for each position (Look for players who can play several positions to give you options).

Also try to sign positive personalities as this will help you in the long run and check their playing history for signs of consistency/inconsistency.

Agree with this as well. Try and sign some utility men as they can be useful during an injury crisis/to sit on the bench.

Referees are very lenient in Skrill South/North & Skrill Premier. My technically gifted playmakers and strikers were out with injuries every other match. Also, defenders can't really ball in those divisions, so you basically want your defenders to be strong and no-nonsense. Defenders are generally low quality (a lot of mistakes), which means that generally you 'll be better off attacking and your strikers should be strong or quick.

Having said that, other styles of football can have success too. They will probably be more frustrating though. I have just been promoted to Sky Bet 2 and the quality of football has improved immensely. Defender mistakes are rarer and the refs are much less lenient.

Cool thanks, so just focus more on Mental / Physical attributes for the players?

Cool thanks, so just focus more on Mental / Physical attributes for the players?

Focus on the key skills for each position. If you aren't sure you can select key skills for position on a players attribute screen.

Archived