(Un)Impressive record in World Cups history

Methos

If Greece beats Ivory Coast 1-0 and Japan doesn't win against Colombia ---> Greece is going to be the only side in the history of World Cups that will qualify with only 1 goal scored and negative goal difference!

Though extremely unlikely to happen and yes I don't like defensive football either.

Has a team ever qualified with two points?

No.

Since the World Cup moved to a system where a win = three points, the lowest tally to qualify for the knockouts is Chile in 1998, who had only three points.

However two points is of course possible.

This year could happen in Argentina's group if Argentina win all their games and the other games in the group end in draws.

We would have Argentina with 9 points and the other 3 teams with 2 each.

If Greece beats Ivory Coast 1-0 and Japan doesn't win against Colombia ---> Greece is going to be the only side in the history of World Cups that will qualify with only 1 goal scored and negative goal difference!

Though extremely unlikely to happen and yes I don't like defensive football either.

If Bosnia beat or draw Iran and Nigeria get spanked by Argentina, it could happen to the Super Eagles.

If any team could sneak through with the lowest points total possible and a horrendous goal difference, it'll be Greece. Probably go on and win the bloody thing as well after a succession of 20% possession 0-0 draws and penalty shoot-outs.

I'd honestly rather watch my own s*** go hard than sit through another Greece game.

If any team could sneak through with the lowest points total possible and a horrendous goal difference, it'll be Greece. Probably go on and win the bloody thing as well after a succession of 20% possession 0-0 draws and penalty shoot-outs.

I'd honestly rather watch my own s*** go hard than sit through another Greece game.

Greece brought us so many geniuses: Diogenes, Heraklit, Platon, Sokrates and Gekas.

Archived