AI Experiment & Sign-up - 'Ez gara Espainiar, Eusko ari gara!'

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we setting a date for when we're getting this underway Dave? Not being impatient (well, not much :p ) just curious

Haha I don't blame you, I'm itching to get things going too! :p

I'm giving it another day or two for those remaining four club owners (not gonna name and shame but I'm sure you could work it out!) to get back to me with the club background stuff if they want to, and then it'll get going.

Haha I don't blame you, I'm itching to get things going too! :p

I'm giving it another day or two for those remaining four club owners (not gonna name and shame but I'm sure you could work it out!) to get back to me with the club background stuff if they want to, and then it'll get going.

I give it a go writing some stuff for you today, sorry been stupid busy at work, and with my daughters Bday :)

I give it a go writing some stuff for you today, sorry been stupid busy at work, and with my daughters Bday :)

No worries, any time today or tomorrow would be absolutely fine, and you can give me as little or as much as you like! :)

I will indeed! The club overview sections will be used to record club honours, stats and records as we go through the game, which is why I've been linking to them from the main Basque club post near the top of the thread.

I wanted to ask you where will you put the club honours, but I guess you responded to that too.

Dave, sorry for off-topic but just had to share this with the world: I just spent an hour trying to fix my headphones and just noticed that I muted Youtube. I IZ SO STEWPEED.

Just checking if it had already began :)

Dave, sorry for off-topic but just had to share this with the world: I just spent an hour trying to fix my headphones and just noticed that I muted Youtube. I IZ SO STEWPEED.

I know the feeling! I also muted Youtube once and was also checking my sound installation of my pc for at least an hour before realizing. The feeling of being happy that it works was bigger than the feeling of knowing that you are so stupid.

Club de Biarritz - A Club Overview

Manager - Alan Curbishley

Stadium - Stade de St-Martin

Capacity - 25000

Based - Biarritz

Nickname - Los Jokalari

Rivals - Bayonne Rovers

BiarritzKits.png

Club de Biarritz are another of our Franco-Basque sides, based in Biarritz, Lambourd. A city perhaps best known for its surfing and rugby union, with local side Biarritz Olympique five times French champions and two times Heineken Cup runners-up, owner and chairman Juan Brixante will be hoping to lift the stature of football to join the city's top table. The club certainly have the facilities to achieve this, playing at the impressive newly-built Stade de St-Martin, and in Englishman Alan Curbishley, Los Jokalari have a manager who's been round the block a few times and knows a trick or too. Matches against fierce rivals Bayonne Rovers will be the focal point for Biarritz, certainly initially, and the bragging rights for the French sides in the Liga del Euskal Herria will be something they'll be desperate to have. However, competition is tight, and nobody knows how things will pan out. Will Club de Biarritz find themselves able to ride a wave of success?

Just checking if it had already began :)

I know the feeling! I also muted Youtube once and was also checking my sound installation of my pc for at least an hour before realizing. The feeling of being happy that it works was bigger than the feeling of knowing that you are so stupid.

I actually didn't realize I muted Youtube, I noticed that when I heard that Pokemon Showdown was playing music and only Youtube wasn't. I facepalmed about 10 times but the feeling was like you described.

Getxo Kirol eta Kultur Elkartea - A Club Overview

Manager - José Luis Mendilibar

Stadium - Estadio Manuel Suárez de Begoña

Capacity - 20000

Based - Getxo

Nickname - Galdararen

Rivals - Arenas Club de Getxo (Spain)

GetxoKits.png

Chairman and owner Aleksander Radakovic heard of the new Liga del Euskal Herria while working with his team in Portugal, where his career as one of the greatest AD Fafe players of all time had come to an end. Deciding to stay in football, he saw a great chance to improve the standings of one of his favourite places. He made the trip 600km north east to Getxo, where he invested in a new stadium, named after Manuel Suárez de Begoña, a former Basque footballer. Forming a club to rival the local Arenas Club, he is hoping that the mighty Getxo Kirol eta Kultur Elkartea can charge to footballing glory with their black and green flag flying high.

How relevant is the Chairman/Owner..? I just whacked in a former legend player without thinking about it, but if it makes a difference I'd rather have someone like Abramovich!

If it really makes no difference at all, then I'm content sticking with what I've got.

How relevant is the Chairman/Owner..? I just whacked in a former legend player without thinking about it, but if it makes a difference I'd rather have someone like Abramovich!

If it really makes no difference at all, then I'm content sticking with what I've got.

Not at all! They've all got the same (or randomised) stats, DOBs etc. The only thing different about them are their names and nationalities.

Sorry, Sven. I missed out on this as I was looking for my team. I do accept your rivalry if it isn't too late!

It's not too late :) Prepare to get your ass kicked! Dave, a new rivalry between SD Hendaia and Saint-Jean-De-Luz!

Real Iruña C.F. - A Club Overview

Manager - Roberto López Ufarte

Stadium - Estadio Unai Aritza

Capacity - 30000

Based - Pamplona

Nickname - La Real

Rivals - CA Osasuna (Spain)

IrunaKits.png

Hailing from the Navarran capital Pamplona, Real Iruña are the only side in the newly formed Liga del Euskal Herria to hail from the region. La Real, or 'The Royals' play in deep red, which, according to the club, reflects their passion and intensity. What it also means however, is that the team might want to remain indoors during the city's annual 'Running of the Bulls'. Iruña hold a rivalry with fellow Pamplona club side Osasuna, of the Spanish Primera, although it is expected to be a while before the rivalry becomes anything but one-sided. Until that point, La Real have domestic matters on their hands, hoping to get off to a strong start in the Basque's new football league. Will they manage to grab the bull by the horns, or will they see red in the face of extreme pressure?

Saint-Jean de Luz - A Club Overview

Manager - Roberto Mancini

Stadium - Stade Bixente Lizarazu

Capacity - 25000

Based - Saint-Jean de Luz

Nickname - none

Rivals - SD Hendaia

Saint-JeanKits.png

Our fourth Franco-Basque side joining the newly formed Basque league, Saint-Jean de Luz are hoping that they will be the best. They will play at the 25000-seater Stade Bixente Lizarazu, named after the town's most famous son, who amassed 97 caps from France, as well as European Championship and World Cup titles. The town is known for its historic port, beautiful beaches and quality cuisine, although currently not for footballing prowess. This is something the club wish to address, and former Roma, Manchester City and Galatasaray boss Roberto Mancini is the man tasked with doing so. He's certainly got the pedigree, but has he been appointed to manage a club destined to share it?

FC Aizkorri-Aratz - A Club Overview

Manager - Julen Lopotegi

Stadium - Aizkorri-Aratz Arena

Capacity - 35000

Based - Beasain

Nickname - Mendiko Gizonak

Rivals - none

AizkorriKits.png

The last of our sixteen teams to join the Liga del Euskal Herria, FC Aizkorri-Aratz will insist they are by no means the least. They are one of two sides in the league not to have any rivalries, but this is somewhat to be expected seeing as they (and Atletico Tolosa) are situated inland and a little way from other teams in the league. The chairman is said to be lacking somewhat in sanity, particularly by critics of the club who say he defaced an area of breathtaking natural beauty when he built a 35000-seater stadium in the middle of the national park from which the Mendiko Gizonak Meountain men) take their name. The side's manager, Julen Lopotegi, quit his job as the boss of Spain U21s to take up the role, which perhaps says a lot about the ambitions of both him and the Beasain-based outfit. There's a long way to the top though, and Lopotegi knows it. How soon will Aizkorri-Aratz be able to scale those heights?

FC Aizkorri-Aratz - A Club Overview

Manager - Julen Lopotegi

Stadium - Aizkorri-Aratz Arena

Capacity - 35000

Based - Beasain

Nickname - none

Rivals - none

AizkorriKits.png

The last of our sixteen teams to join the Liga del Euskal Herria, FC Aizkorri-Aratz will insist they are by no means the least. They are one of two sides in the league not to have any rivalries, but this is somewhat to be expected seeing as they (and Atletico Tolosa) are situated inland and a little way from other teams in the league. The side's manager, Julen Lopotegi, quit his job as the boss of Spain U21s to take up the role, which perhaps says a lot about the ambitions of both him and the Beasain-based outfit. There's a long way to the top though, and Lopotegi knows it. How soon will Aizkorri-Aratz be able to scale those heights?

Was just coming to fill this part in when I noticed you'd already handled it - sweet, doubt I would have done a much better job. However, I would have added something about our location.

The club bosses, in their infinite wisdom, decided that defacing a breathtakingly beautiful national park - of which the club is named after - by building a large stadium was the way to go. Their choice seemed like a master-stroke to them, but to many football-hating locals, all they've done is destroy a place of natural beauty. No matter though, as the Mountain-men (nickname, or the Basque equivalent of it anyway) care little for aesthetics, and are happy to chase the football dollar, hoping success will come their way at some point too. They have described themselves as taking the Altitude method of building their team, hoping that situating their stadium in such a remote location will give them some advantage. Under the not so careful guidance of their maniacal chairman - who some have taken to calling "bat**** mental" - they'll be an interesting proposition.

Was just coming to fill this part in when I noticed you'd already handled it - sweet, doubt I would have done a much better job. However, I would have added something about our location.

No problem, I can add that in now. Just (trying to) straighten out a small issue with the national team, and then things should be underway!

No problem, I can add that in now. Just (trying to) straighten out a small issue with the national team, and then things should be underway!

What's the issue? Maybe we can help?

I know that if player has Basque as first nationality then he's ineligible to play for Athletic Bilbao, because they only look at second nationality.

What's the issue? Maybe we can help?

I know that if player has Basque as first nationality then he's ineligible to play for Athletic Bilbao, because they only look at second nationality.

Heh, I didn't know that. Now I won't joke around with Basque players when boosting Bilbao.

Nah that's not an issue; even players capped for Pays Basque (which then becomes their main nationality) still seem to play for Athletic.

The problem I'm having is that...

The national side replaces San Marino in World Cup Qualifying, despite it being most of the way through already at the beginning of the game. This is quite annoying; it'd be fine if qualifying hadn't yet started but unfortunately it has, and so six matches are 'played' by the time the game starts. I want the Basque's first game to be after things start; not randomly simulated through beforehand.

I've tried unticking the 'Full FIFA member' box and changing 'Year Affliated to FIFA' to 2015, and to an extent this works, with the Basque not involved in 2014 WCQ, but given a group for the 2018 quals. However, the problem with this is that they are never given a world ranking, even after playing WCQ games, which is weird.

So unless there are any editor geniuses out there who have an idea, it looks like a straight choice between starting already halfway through the World Cup Qualification tournament, or never being given a world ranking (but still able to compete in international tournaments as normal).

So unless there are any editor geniuses out there who have an idea, it looks like a straight choice between starting already halfway through the World Cup Qualification tournament, or never being given a world ranking (but still able to compete in international tournaments as normal).

Stay with the first one and treat all the matches as friendlies, it would make sense that the nation comes in too late to qualify for the World Cup, it wouldn't make sense if it never got a ranking! Unless you mean Basque appears half way through every world cup qualification!

Stay with the first one and treat all the matches as friendlies, it would make sense that the nation comes in too late to qualify for the World Cup, it wouldn't make sense if it never got a ranking! Unless you mean Basque appears half way through every world cup qualification!

Yeah that makes sense, probably what I was leaning towards. We'll just have to hope they don't manage to qualify! In that case, hold on to your hats, we'll get this thing started at around 3pm BST, just under an hour.

Haha no, it's only the first one (which started in September 2012) thank goodness!

The game's now under way! I've got to pop out for a bit now but when I get back I'll give a round-up of the summer's transfers, as well as cover the first round of fixtures in the Liga del Euskal Herria, and look forward to the opening round of the Copa!

Nah that's not an issue; even players capped for Pays Basque (which then becomes their main nationality) still seem to play for Athletic.

The problem I'm having is that...

The national side replaces San Marino in World Cup Qualifying, despite it being most of the way through already at the beginning of the game. This is quite annoying; it'd be fine if qualifying hadn't yet started but unfortunately it has, and so six matches are 'played' by the time the game starts. I want the Basque's first game to be after things start; not randomly simulated through beforehand.

I've tried unticking the 'Full FIFA member' box and changing 'Year Affliated to FIFA' to 2015, and to an extent this works, with the Basque not involved in 2014 WCQ, but given a group for the 2018 quals. However, the problem with this is that they are never given a world ranking, even after playing WCQ games, which is weird.

What did you do to the poor San Marino? :(

SEASON 2013/14

100px-Basque_Football_Association_logo.png

COPA DEL EUSKAL HERRIA

First Round

2014CopaR1A.png

2014CopaR1B.png

The first round of the inaugural Copa del Euskal Herria, comprised of the 64 biggest football teams from the now-recognised nation of Pays Basque threw up little in the way of cupsets. The five fancied Spanish sides from the Primera and Segunda Ligas qualified comfortably, along with twelve of the sixteen sides from the new Liga del Euskal Herria. Those that didn't included RCD Errenteria, who lost to Eibar, Athletic Irún, who lost to Barakaldo, and Saint-Jean de Luz, who lost to fellow LEH side Atletico Tolosa. The undoubted tie of the round saw newly fledged arch rivals Athletic Club Bilbao take on Red Bill Bilbo, but it was the La Liga side who took home the spoils in the first ever Bilbao derby, winning 2-0 in both legs. Club de Biarritz, Getxo KKE and Real Sociedad reached double figures over both legs, but know sterner tests are yet to come. The next round is followed by a group stage, with four groups of four, and everybody who's anybody knows that reaching that point in the competition is where things will really start to heat up.

Are real-life sides supposed to be dangerous? Aviron Bayonnais surely isn't.

*There are two teams named Santurtzi. Wut?*

They're a fourth tier French side now, having been relegated last season, so they're not that dangerous!

And yeah there's a real life Santurtzi C.D., along with Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek (and Real Santurtzi!).

Real Sociedad B team almost knocked out Real Santurzti, lose 2-1 at home but scrape a 2-0 win to progress. If we nearly mess up against the Sociedad B team I dread to think what we will do against better opposition..

SEASON 2013/14

LIGA DEL EUSKAL HERRIA

Opening Day - 17 August 2013

It's the day all football fans across Pays Basque have been waiting for; the opening day of the brand spanking new Liga del Euskal Herria. We've got a full compliment of eight fixtures today with all teams playing at the same time. The featured match today is Getxo KKE vs. SC Mañaria, live from Estadio Manuel Suárez de Begoña, but we'll provide updates from all the games. Getxo boss José Luis Mendilibar has opted for a relatively defensive 4-2-3-1 formation, while Mañaria manager Marcelo Bielsa has gone more adventurous with a 4-3-3. The whistle has just been blown, and the teams kick off...

6th minute - It's been a quiet opening so far with both teams happy to keep possesion in their own half. Getxo force a corner, but it comes to nothing. But hold on, we have our first ever goal in Basque football league history, let's go to Bilbao...

Where it's gone to the home side! Red Bull Bilbo have gone in front against SD Hendaia, and it's through Imanol Mentxaka! There's a goal in Vitoria too, where Gasteizko Txirrindulariak have taken the lead at home to Bayonne Rovers, and it's teenager Alfonso Ugarte who's got that one. Another corner meanwhile to Getxo, but again it's cleared at the near post. The home side are beginning to put the pressure on now.

9th minute - We've got a goal in Pamplona! Home side Real Iruña have let one slip at home to Saint-Jean de Luz, and it's Álvaro Líbano with the goal! And in one of today's crunch games, the Santurtzi derby, it's the home side who lead... Real Santurtzi it is, who've gone in front against Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek through seventeen-year-old Mikel Celihueta. What a moment for him! And there's another goal in Pamplona, where Saint-Jean de Luz have now doubled their lead! And it's that man again, Líbano with his second of the game. An early contender for the season's top scorer?

21st minute - Real Iruña's day has gone from bad to worse; two-nil down at home and now they're down to ten men, with Kolo given a straight red card. They've also lost Roberto Fernández through injury - it really isn't their day! And over in Bilbao, the home side are now two goals to the good, Juan Domínguez's goal granting Red Bull Bilbo a comfortable cushion.

32nd minute - Finally a chance in Getxo! It's the home side too, with Bosnian striker Kenan Kodro slipping through Iñaki Álvarez, but the winger can't quite find the goal, lashing into the side netting from just outside the six-yard-box. A real let off for Mañaria - the keeper was nowhere near that!

35th minute - SC Mañaria have been good in possession all game, having dominated it, but this is sloppy.. they've lost the ball in the middle of the park and Getxo break! It's that man Kodro again, but his shot is blocked and the away side scramble it away. There's a goal in the north! Club de Biarritz are behind at home to Atletico Tolosa, and it's Raúl Calle with the strike.

41st minute - Iñaki Álvarez has picked up a yellow card for Getxo KKE. And suddenly Kenan Kodro is in on goal again! And what a save that is from Los Mármoles goalkeeper José Antonio Lafuente! Down low to his left to keep out the strike, at the expense of another Getxo corner. It's swung in, and found Aitor Nuñez completely unmarked, and he's hit the bar! Getxo are really starting to pile on the pressure now, hoping to grab a goal just before the break.

45th minute - There's one minute of added time at the end of the half, but SC Mañaria are playing the ball about in defence. They seem content to go into half time as things stand, and who can blame them after the last few minutes! And yes, there's the whistle, and the sides go in goalless.

HALF TIME

2014OpenerHalfTime.png

Bloody hell. C'mon Mañaria! Clinging onto a 0-0...

Also - must say, awesome coverage. Thanks for making it so in depth.. It must take ages! Would be cool to get a look at my squad/star players at some point, but that'd take forever.

I must say I was expecting updates to be monthly, think I will enjoy reading the blow by blow updates more though (especially come crunch time at the end of the season!)

I hope we win the first Santurtzi derby, what an opening game of the season that is.

Real Iruna not having the best of starts I see

Bloody hell. C'mon Mañaria! Clinging onto a 0-0...

Also - must say, awesome coverage. Thanks for making it so in depth.. It must take ages! Would be cool to get a look at my squad/star players at some point, but that'd take forever.

There'll be a bit of coverage of the league's star players and all that at the end of the transfer window, but probably not anything too in depth!

I must say I was expecting updates to be monthly, think I will enjoy reading the blow by blow updates more though (especially come crunch time at the end of the season!)

I hope we win the first Santurtzi derby, what an opening game of the season that is.

Real Iruna not having the best of starts I see

Yeah updates will be mostly monthly, this was a special occasion! I think opening and closing weekends, cup finals, maybe some of the bigger national team games, will get this sort of treatment, but not every match, it'd take forever!

After the longest half-time break ever, the second half is coming right up...

SEASON 2013/14

LIGA DEL EUSKAL HERRIA

Opening Day - 17 August 2013

The teams have emerged from the dressing rooms following the interval and are ready to resume battle on the pitch. SC Mañaria will kick us off in the second half, kicking from right to left, and will hope to be more involved in the match than they were in an underwhelming first period. Getxo KKE were easily the stronger side in the first half, but Galdararen fans will be expecting them to convert this dominance into goals. Here we go then...

47th minute - Getxo's José Manuel Galán flights in a delicious cross from the left flank and Aitor Nuñez heads it just wide! A great start to the second half from the home team - they really mean business here.

There's a second goal to tell you about in Vitoria, where Gasteizko Txirrindulariak have doubled their lead at home to Bayonne Rovers. It's Dani Casado from the penalty spot, and his team look good for three points as things stand.

53rd minute - That's the closest we've got to a goal all game! Getxo KKE it is of course with the chance, and it's beautiful free-flowing football. From just inside their own half, the men in green and black strung several passes together before Iñaki Claverie found Álvarez on the edge of the box, and his placed effort hit the base of the post and was hacked away. It had beaten Los Mármoles keeper and captain José Antonio Lafuente all ends up.

A few goals around the country in the last few minutes. Jon Merino's pulled one back for SD Hendaia away to Red Bull Bilbo, who now lead by two goals to one. Saint-Jean de Luz have inflicted more misery on Real Iruña through Jorge Galán; their third goal. And Bayonne Rovers have pulled one back through Jon Sánchez, they are now two-one behind. And there's been a red card in the fiesty Santurtzi derby... It's gone to the away side, Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek, and it's Gorka Martín who's been given his marching orders.

And Gasteizko Txirrindulariak have restored their two goal advantage! It's Ibon Zulaika with the goal, and his side now lead three-one. And there's yet another goal in Vitoria! This time it's gone to the city's other club, Vitoria Unido, who've gone in front against Athletic Irún thanks to a Miguel Altamira strike.

70th minute - It's been a quiet fifteen minutes here but suddenly SC Mañaria have a golden chance to snatch an unlikely lead. It's a free-kick, right on the edge of the box, and Rafael Blasco is standing over it. He's good from these situations... He steps up, and WOW, what a strike! Right against the bar with plenty of power. There's a few Galdararen fans with hearts in mouths right now, but their team survive.

There's been a second goal in today's derby game! Real Santurtzi it is who go two goals to the good, and it's winger Andoni Domínguez with the strike. Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek are now in deep trouble; a man and two goals down in enemy territory, and the Real fans are letting them know all about it!

73rd minute - Unai Bustinza throws the ball in for Getxo deep into the opposition half, and exchanges a quick one-two with Nuñez, who drills it into the box towards Pablo Hervias. Was he tripped? That looked like a penalty! Nothing given, and Getxo play on. It's Claverie now, into Dorian Santisteva, and that's a lovely ball slipping Hervias through down the left! Hervias looks up and floats a tempting ball across the goal towards the back post, Álvarez is there... GOAL!!! Iñaki Álvarez has finally put Getxo KKE in front, having been on top of this game for so long, and he's absolutely delighted! A great header from close range, no chance for Lafuente.

76th minute - A corner kick now for Getxo, who are brimming with confidence. Hervias will take it from the left, but its headed away from danger. Santisteva picks it up, and lays off Álvarez, who shoots... GOAL!!! It's in! That looked like a deflection, Asier Martinez is claiming it! Not the prettiest goal but the central defender won't care, he's put his side in a commanding position! Getxo KKE now lead by two goals to nil.

Stunning scenes! Club de Biarritz have never really looked at the races all day at home to Atletico Tolosa, but they've just leveled things up with a late penalty, dispatched coolly by Borja Alonso.

90th minute - The referee looks at his watch, and blows his whistle! That's it, that's the end of the game, and two nil it finishes. A perfect start for the home side, but SC Mañaria won't be too happy; they didn't play well at all. They had 57% of possession, but only two shots, both off target, compared to Getxo's thirteen.

FULL TIME

2014OpenerFullTime.png

League Table

2014OpenerTable.png

Archived