How much difference does a "good" chairman actually make?

How much difference does a "good" chairman actually make  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How much difference does a "good" chairman actually make

• A huge amout
    • A large amount
    • A small amount
    • None at all

Having read a thread on here yesterday about chairmen attributes, I looked up mine out of curiosity. He had quite a low rating but he has never really done anything too shocking or bad, aside from turning my club into a PLC. So how much difference does a chairman make, and should I choose a club based out of this or not.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am talking about chairmen, not sugar daddy status or whatever.

One thing I have noticed is that in my current save I am Shakhtar. I have been playing for a number of seasons and have been able to get excellent results and a large bank balance and improved reputation. The Chairman has excellent business stats which could be the reason why I am earning FORTY MILLION pounds a month from merchandising. What the ****.

I recently took over at QPR in December 2019 with Tony Fernandes as the Chairman. I found him to be a bit impulsive, putting my job on the line after only a few games when I was picking up the scraps of a previous manager. During January I was under a transfer embargo for a takeover that didn't come to fruition, and managed to blag a 9th in the Championship (got a 35 year old RVP on loan) which equalled the media prediction - rising 6 places from when I took over. I felt under pressure from the very start, and was stated as 'insecure' for most of the season.

During the summer, Amit Bhatia has taken control of the club and offered nothing in the way of financial assistance. I don't mind this, because with a new Chairman I feel a lot more comfortable at the club and hopefully he'll give me a bit of a chance.

So overall I don't know the exact qualities of the Chairman, or how they have an affect on the game - but in myself, I feel more confident and relaxed now that I've had a takeover despite the lack of any funds.

Earlier in the save I was manager of Wigan when Dave Whelan stepped down. This worked the other way for me, as I'd gained a lot of trust and confidence from him and the save never quite felt the same after that - I felt as though I needed to prove myself again, and it didn't quite feel right. I left a season or two later.

Made a huge difference for me. I am currently managing Manchester United in 2020. With glazers as chairman I had quite a good budget (around 3 million p/w and 50 million transfer budget). However, then someone from Greece taken control of a club and he immediately started to splash the cash to the club. Upgraded training, youth facilities, expanded stadium to 92000 seats and added over 300 million to transfer budget, also increased wages budget to over 5 million p/w. So yeah, it made a huge difference for me :D

I've never known the attributes of any of my chairmen, but you can always tell the difference between a good and bad one, especially when you're a small team working its way through the ranks, and you have a couple of young talents and bids start coming in from bigger teams. A good chairman will let you decide whether to sell, a bad one always takes the money.

Archived