Yugoslavia with state leagues

Amagerbrawler

Hi everyone

I'm thinking about doing a Yugoslavia database inspired by the state league system in Brazil. The structure would be a federal league system like the one in Yugoslavia before the war as well as state leagues for each of the republics Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia.

I'm thinking the state competitions should be held in the beginning of the season (july-october/november) with the federal competitions afterwards (october/november-june). No matter what it'll be a lot of games so I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to start the season early and end in the beginning of june.

I know how to activate Yugoslavia, but I'm not sure if it's possible to remove the other countries. I hope so, otherwise I'll need to replace them with something. Ideas welcome!

Another challenge is the state leagues. In Brazil I think they're limited to max. 23 games. Add 38 games in the Serie A. With domestic and South American cups that's a lot of games. If a team from Yugoslavia should do well in European competition, they'll be absolutely knackered with that many games. We'll need fewer, but how many?? Like in Brazil I've been playing around with different formats for state leagues, as they would be arranged by different FAs.

Anyway the structure would look something like this:

First Federal League: 16 teams (30 games)

Second Federal League 16 teams (30 games)

Inter-Republic Leagues (North, South, East, West) 16 teams each (30 games)

Lower Federal Leagues

Croatian First Division: 10 teams (1 round followed by split and two rounds: 21 games)

Croatian Second Division

Croatian Third Division (North, South, Center, West)

Croatian Lower Divisions

Slovenian First Division: 12 teams, 2 rounds (22 games)

Slovenian Second Division

Slovenian Third Division (North, South, Center, West)

Slovenian Lower Divisions

Monetegro First Division: 8 teams, 2 rounds followed by playoff with top 4 (14-18 games)

Montenegro Second Division

Montenegro Lower Divisions

Macedonia First Division: 10 teams, 2 rounds (18 games)

Macedonia Second Division

Macedonia Lower Divisions

Bosnia & Hercegovina Premier Division 16 teams, two groups of 8 play 2 rounds, top four qualify for playoff (20 games)

Bosnia & Hercegovina First Division, Republica Srepska First Division

Bosian Lower Divisions

Serbia Superliga: 16 tems. 1 round followed by championship playoff and relegation playout. (21 games max)

Serbia First Division

Serbian Second Division (Belgrade, Vojvodina, East, West)

Serbian Lower Divisions

I'd like som input on some of the above ideas.

1) Is it possible to remove nations from the game or do I have to replace them with something?

2) How many teams should be in the federal leagues? 16= 30 games. 14= 26 games.

3) What do you think about the state competitions? Should the be similar in all states? Which formats do you like? Feedback needed

4) What did I miss? What would you like to see different/added?

Archived