Third Place Playoff: Brazil V The Netherlands - 12th July - 21:00 BST

PMLF

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This referee is bobbins. Messed up on the first goal (doubly), gets in RvPs way to help launch a Brazil counter before giving Luiz a freekick after he hit Clasie three times with his arm after giving the ball away.

That's just the first twenty minutes.

I wonder if Scolari will play down this defeat like he played down the defeat vs Germany.

All of the hype Brazil got was from defeating a dinasour/Spain in 2013

Unimpressive to a T

Even close FKs

Quite rediculous to see that guys like Luiz / Silva are sold for 50+ million, while guys like De Vrij and such will be sold way cheaper.... :(. ****in money imbalance bs.

Combination of the players "name", who they play for and their nationality imo.

All of the hype Brazil got was from defeating a dinasour/Spain in 2013

Unimpressive to a T

Even close FKs

Yes, and that win made Scolari too comfortable with his choices.

Brazil have always been very overrated though. Hopefully these defeats will convince all the non-Brazilians that support Brazil to start supporting Germany, Argentina, etc...

You know when you play online Be A Pro and the people that get stuck in defence clearly don't wanna play in defence and just try to play as midfielders or strikers. David Luiz is like a real life version of that.

That's a pretty good way of putting it tbf.

No defensive discipline whatsoever. Awful player and hopefully many more people will realise this after the last few matches he has played.

You know when you play online Be A Pro and the people that get stuck in defence clearly don't wanna play in defence and just try to play as midfielders or strikers. David Luiz is like a real life version of that.

That's why I made myself a striker :D

But seriously, I hate the camera view makes me feel like a dwarf

Another Brazil FK, close

• SI Staff
Is Scolari likely to keep his job PMLF? Pretty sure he has said that he won't quit.

He'll probably retire after the cup though?

It is said he's done a good job overall, one bad match doesn't make it all crap. (2 bad matches?)

But obviously there' ll be a few managers interested in taking over...

Is Scolari likely to keep his job PMLF? Pretty sure he has said that he won't quit.

He will most likely leave, his contract ends just after the World Cup.

Brazil FA suggested they could keep him but it seems it was just to test public reaction.

He'll probably retire after the cup though?

It is said he's done a good job overall, one bad match doesn't make it all crap. (2 bad matches?)

But obviously there' ll be a few managers interested in taking over...

He doesn't want to retire, he reportedly has plans to manage a European national team for the Euro 2016...

• SI Staff
He doesn't want to retire, he reportedly has plans to manage a European national team for the Euro 2016...

I'm saying he'll have a change of heart in the next few days. Or at least leave the Brazil post.

I'm saying he'll have a change of heart in the next few days. Or at least leave the Brazil post.

Yes, and after this defeat, it will be even harder to justify keeping him as the 'one bad game' excuse will make little sense.

But Scolari will certainly blame refereeing for the 0-2 score (if it stays this way).

• SI Staff
Yes, and after this defeat, it will be even harder to justify keeping him as the 'one bad game' excuse will make little sense.

But Scolari will certainly blame refereeing for the 0-2 score (if it stays this way).

Yeah, after all both Silva and Maxwell should have been sent off :D

That could make one wonder if Mr. Scolari is still mentally able to be the manager.

Archived