Player Value

I am in my second season with Juventus. I have Fernando Llorente as my lone striker and he started the season valued at 20 million pounds. So far, he has scored 21 goals in 21 games in all competitions, and yet his value has decreased to 17 million. Is this just a case of the market correcting, because I would think in real life a players value would go up if he's scoring a goal a game. Also kind of curious, but there are no teams that are interested in buying him. Again, if you have someone in Serie A scoring at that rate, I would think a team like Barcelona, PSG, Man City would be all over him.

I am in my second season with Juventus. I have Fernando Llorente as my lone striker and he started the season valued at 20 million pounds. So far, he has scored 21 goals in 21 games in all competitions, and yet his value has decreased to 17 million. Is this just a case of the market correcting, because I would think in real life a players value would go up if he's scoring a goal a game. Also kind of curious, but there are no teams that are interested in buying him. Again, if you have someone in Serie A scoring at that rate, I would think a team like Barcelona, PSG, Man City would be all over him.

A couple of things to think about with Llorente is his age and the length of his contract. In your second season he is now, what 30 years old, so his value will surely decrease with age and unless you have given him a new contract he is now a couple of years closer to that ending, thus his value drops.

I think it is also a misconception that because a player is top scorer in a certain league clubs would want to sign them. He already plays for a top team in top league. As a fairly new signing in Italy perhaps he doesn't want to move so the AI would not bid if the info they get is he is happy. Again his age would work perhaps work against him but most importantly if you look at the players that Barca, PSG and Man City have upfront they are probably better strikers. Of last seasons top scorers in Serie A one of the 14 players have currently gone on to get a transfer, Immobile to Dortmund. The year before three of the top 16 scorers got moves, Cavani to PSG, Dani Osvaldo to Southampton and Erik Lamela to Spurs.

In my third season of my save PSG have Ibrahimovic, Insigne, Cavani, Otavio and Aubameyang, Barca have Neymar as the lone front man with Sanchez, Messi, Schurrle and a player from the B team, Dongou who have scored 54 goals unto January between them. Finally City have Aguero, Negredo, Bernard and Ferreyra who have scored 44 goals between them (Bernard has only just joined, played 3 scored 1). So the top teams already have great goalscorers, of a younger age. As for Llorente he is approaching 31, scored 38 goals in 76 Serie A games with a value of £8m despite having 3 and a half years left on his deal.

A couple of things to think about with Llorente is his age and the length of his contract. In your second season he is now, what 30 years old, so his value will surely decrease with age and unless you have given him a new contract he is now a couple of years closer to that ending, thus his value drops.

I think it is also a misconception that because a player is top scorer in a certain league clubs would want to sign them. He already plays for a top team in top league. As a fairly new signing in Italy perhaps he doesn't want to move so the AI would not bid if the info they get is he is happy. Again his age would work perhaps work against him but most importantly if you look at the players that Barca, PSG and Man City have upfront they are probably better strikers. Of last seasons top scorers in Serie A one of the 14 players have currently gone on to get a transfer, Immobile to Dortmund. The year before three of the top 16 scorers got moves, Cavani to PSG, Dani Osvaldo to Southampton and Erik Lamela to Spurs.

In my third season of my save PSG have Ibrahimovic, Insigne, Cavani, Otavio and Aubameyang, Barca have Neymar as the lone front man with Sanchez, Messi, Schurrle and a player from the B team, Dongou who have scored 54 goals unto January between them. Finally City have Aguero, Negredo, Bernard and Ferreyra who have scored 44 goals between them (Bernard has only just joined, played 3 scored 1). So the top teams already have great goalscorers, of a younger age. As for Llorente he is approaching 31, scored 38 goals in 76 Serie A games with a value of £8m despite having 3 and a half years left on his deal.

Those are all fair points. However, he is only 29, and he is under contract for another two years. Also, I have about 8 other players on my team, including Chiellini, Bonucci, Lichsteiner, and Marchisio, who are all around the same age and they are all wanted by clubs, including Marchisio and Bonucci by Man Utd, so there is an example of a top team in another league wanting one of my guys. It's not like I'm looking to sell him right now, I am just curious why he seems to be declining in value and not wanted by other teams.

Archived