Midfield Diamont

im playing with Balance Standard, higher def line short passing quick tempo, look 4 overlap instuctions

and against def teams when they park the bus there is always a killer ball from at the back of my defence which makes me loose

i ve tryied to low the def line but then i m loosing possesion

Two complete wingbacks are going to leave your defence exposed on the counter, especially since your DMC has a more positionally adventurous role. Generally, a defensively aggressive system that pushes high up and looks to dominate possession is going to be at the risk of these kinds of attacks, but you can better protect yourself by having either a fullback or the DMC in a more defensive role, allowing your DCs to stay more compact while covering more space from which the opposition can launch a killer pass. This, of course, may affect your attacking productivity, and if that's something you want to avoid, you need to look at the quality of your defenders. Are they well suited to dealing with 1v1 situations and balls played behind the defence? Do they have good Anticipation, Concentration and Acceleration? How about your keeper? Is he capable of and inclined to rushing out to deal with a defence-splitting ball?

i understand, Jones Evans Smalling and Shawcross i think would be ok,im trying diferrent roles cause im stuck with the diamond,

sold all the wide players, im thinking

dmcd

cma cms

ama

or

dmcs/regista

cma bwmd

ama/ssa

i like how cwb playing they score a lot and and r always free without oppositions marking them

if and wingers always have a marker or lack of space

Well, like The Hand of God suggested, the reason you are losing out to a pass behind your defence is almost certainly your high line and use of two complete wing backs.

You say that you like what that Role gives you, so you need to decide if you are happy to still conceded these goals, whether you want to drop your defensive line, or whether you want to change the Role of one of your CWBs.

i understand what The Hand of God suggested, but most of the balls hit the heart of my defence, so i was looking for an advice for the midfield roles

if someone has tried before a suitable mid set up

I use CWBs in a diamond system and have found that the DM position must be a halfback to compensate. My two MCs are a CM(d) and a B2B.

Because your wingbacks are getting forward so much, you really need your midfield to be defensively sound and the above system works very well for me.

Archived